• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Bronx-Man

Banned
*Roman Reigns is dazed lying on the turnbuckleas Sami Zayn (wearing a turban) pulls out a comically large remote with "NUKE" taped over it*
*Roman hears the chants of the half sold out crowd in Corpus Christi begin to chant "U-S-A! U-S-A!"*
*Sami laughs maniacally as the crowd continues to chant and then turns around*
*Sam turns right into a super manpunch from Roman Reigns and is pinned for the three-count*
*A giant American flag pops out from the arena's ceiling, red white and blue confetti comes all out*
*The Rock walks out from gorilla to raise Roman's hand*
*Michael Cole has a single tear roll from his eye as he, Byron, and Corey all stand up and applaud Roman for saving America*

*Roman Reigns is dazed lying on the turnbuckleas Sami Zayn (wearing a turban) pulls out a comically large remote with "NUKE" taped over it*
*Roman hears the chants of the half sold out crowd in Corpus Christi begin to chant "U-S-A! U-S-A!"*
*Sami laughs maniacally as the crowd continues to chant and then turns around*
*Sam turns right into a super manpunch from Roman Reigns and is pinned for the three-count*
*A giant American flag pops out from the arena's ceiling, red white and blue confetti comes all out*
*The Rock walks out from gorilla to raise Roman's hand*
*Michael Cole has a single tear roll from his eye as he, Byron, and Corey all stand up and applaud Roman for saving America*
aFkyiGG.jpg

Menome

I go to sleep and wake up to find myself in a nightmare that's progressed overnight: Sweeney Tom is a got man.

Also, some missiles and stuff.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm really interested to see how main roster WWE handles Nakamura because he is going to be the most popular dude on the roster. I'm pretty sure of this.

He's going to be huger than AJ and that's crazy because AJ has worked his ass off and had to learn to be an A+ promo out of nowhere.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I love how when New Day shows up at WM announcing a 4th team, clearly the idea was for people to think they were inserting themselves as the 4th team...

...except the crowd imediatly goes nuts shouting DELETE DELETE DELETE lol. You just cant do surprises in the age of the internet man.

edit: also Corey says "things are about to be broken" >_>

Pikma

Banned
I love how when New Day shows up at WM announcing a 4th team, clearly the idea was for people to think they were inserting themselves as the 4th team...

...except the crowd imediatly goes nuts shouting DELETE DELETE DELETE lol. You just cant do surprises in the age of the internet man.

edit: also Corey says "things are about to be broken" >_>
It was Cole

Jashobeam

just bought the Bullet Club x Tekken shirt on ebay, love the Heihachi hair and stache on the skull. My first bullet club merch, already have 2 official NJPW LIJ shirts and hat.

eET4t7M.jpg

Browny

Banned
Finally caught up with everything from the past week...

Thoughts:

• Takeover was good fun. Aleister Black has hit the ground running, so high hopes for him moving forwards.
  • 3 way tag team was great. Authors are doing a good job - interesting to see who's going to take the belts off them.
  • Roode is doing top-notch work. Loving the DDT too.
  • Neville & Aries was a great match, and deserved to open the main card.
  • Fuck Mojo.
  • AJ vs Shane was very servicable - here's hoping AJ gets a good run in 17/18 and a main event slot for WM 34.
  • Hardyz coming back was great - just don't give them a Dudleys run...
  • Cena deserves his break. Miz deserves a main event run.
  • Seth / Trips was fine for what it was. Seth needs a new finisher.
  • Orton with the belt is a waste. He needs to have a run similar to Cena's US run a while back.
  • Fuck Brock.
  • Fuck Goldberg.
  • Fuck Reigns.
  • Fuck Taker (you should have retired years ago)

The Miz seriously needs a main event run. His work with maryse has been so god damn good. Give him a good US title run if he goes to RAW (or hell, universal championship...lol) or Heavyweight Championship run if he stays on smackdown.

lol, paid silly money to see Daisuke Sekimoto in July and now I've got to put up with seeing Bull James and Simon Gotch on the same show as well. Fucksake, Dann. Literally anyone would have been better.

Miz & Nakamura feud honestly makes me extremely excited to watch Smackdown.
Miz has shown he is at the top of his game in terms of character work and getting a feud over these last few years, having Nakamura push his in ring work should make them huge. Nakamura will get cheered anywhere due to his charisma so having him against the smarmy heel will rocket them to the main feud of Smackdown IMO.

Miz is fantastic at getting feuds over for sure but I'm not a fan of seeing him lose so much because of it.

Well I guess he had the IC for a while. Hopefully he gets it back again after summerslam.

Miz is fantastic at getting feuds over for sure but I'm not a fan of seeing him lose so much because of it.

Well I guess he had the IC for a while. Hopefully he gets it back again after summerslam.

I could see them doing a triple threat with Miz, Nakamura & whomever holds the title at the time in the run to Mania. Have Miz win due to interference then have the blowoff match at Mania.

I agree 100% he deserves a title run and to give more weight to someone beating him he really should have a title to take. Especially since he is more of a smarmy heel rather than bad guy heel.

"big nose with small dick"

lol, this dude is hella drunk. i don't see that relationship lasting more than a few more months. kinda crazy that Paige will get what will likely be a pretty solid movie about her and her family too, despite how shaky that relationship is with the company. first WWE film I legitimately want to watch beyond just laughing at it.

According to VOW, WWN got a cease and desist from WWE for flyering Axxess
lol, paid silly money to see Daisuke Sekimoto in July and now I've got to put up with seeing Bull James and Simon Gotch on the same show as well. Fucksake, Dann. Literally anyone would have been better.

Yeah, i noticed that as well. Don't mind Gotch, but negative interest in Dempsey. Ahh well, let's just go to the bar.

Unless it's Bull James Vs Sekimoto...

Top Bottom