• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

LOL at Taker v Reigns being ghe main event tomorow

I'm fine with this despite the fact that it would make it the third Mania in a row with Roman in the main event. Who said it anyways?

Shit, the nxt tag match is about to start again, I'm gonna mark out like if I were watching live.

C8YJBEVU0AMUCzw.jpg

http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/19056390/wwe-drew-mcintyre-confirms-nxt-signing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BY0PxoilxzM
Drew is special guy to me because my parents took me to the sd he faced teddy long on for hs graduation. Easier times. Glad to have him back since I always liked him.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm fine with this despite the fact that it would make it the third Mania in a row with Roman in the main event. Who said it anyways?

Shit, the nxt tag match is about to start again, I'm gonna mark out like if I were watching live.

they said it on the LAW live thing just now, with
JR calling the match

cordy

Banned
Drew, man, he'll eventually be NXT Champion and rise up again there and head to the main roster to get the push that he truly deserves. He's the prototype of how an ex-WWE superstar can do well in the indies, come back and be important. This is exactly what I'm sure will happen to Cody Rhodes in 2-3 years. Smart move.

Taker vs Reigns being the ME makes Owens losing the Universal title baffling.

Putting the title on the main event makes sense but now that isn't even the main event so why not just keep it on Owens

Drew, man, he'll eventually be NXT Champion and rise up again there and head to the main roster to get the push that he truly deserves. He's the prototype of how an ex-WWE superstar can do well in the indies, come back and be important. This is exactly what I'm sure will happen to Cody Rhodes in 2-3 years. Smart move.
That's never happening for Cody. If anything all he's really done post WWE just makes them think they made the right choice in never truly pushing him.

Rimfya

Banned
Taker vs Reigns being the ME makes Owens losing the Universal title baffling.

Putting the title on the main event makes sense but now that isn't even the main event so why not just keep it on Owens
Makes me sure that outside of Reigns they make up everything as they go along.

Anyway given how good NXT was I've got my fill of good grapplin. I go into WM with zero expectations.

imBask

Banned

I was super onboard with you until you mentioned Cody Rhodes

Makes me sure that outside of Reigns they make up everything as they go along.

Anyway given how good NXT was I've got my fill of good grapplin. I go into WM with zero expectations.

Nothing in the build for Taker/Reigns justifies Main Event... and I don't care for but it's Taker's last match argument ... They haven't booked it as such. Austin didn't need to main event in his last match, Flair didn't need to main event in his last match.

This had good build for a match at Mania but not a good build for a Main Event match at Mania. But whatever

I expect nothing out of WWE ever. It's why I have fun lol.

Yall can keep saying that all you want but we all know how GAF's predictions and opinions have turned out in the long run.
Maybe. But I have yet to see any news of Cody Rhodes having an amazing match or making a true impact on the independent scene to make WWE think 'shit, we fucked up'.

cordy

Banned
Maybe. But I have yet to see any news of Cody Rhodes having an amazing match or making a true impact on the independent scene to make WWE think 'shit, we fucked up'.

Nah it's not really about matches. Cody's having a great run right now and Meltzer said he's making great money in the indies days ago. This is in response to someone asking about WWE buying ROH and there being less places for people to leave if they feel they're being treated badly.

The Cody Rhodes situation may have more to do with this than you think. The fear of God everyone in that company has that life is over if you aren't in the company wasn't hurt by Del Rio leaving because of the gimmick he's from a legendary family and Mexico, but Cody leaving and making great money on his own terms tells every midcarder with guts that they don't have to be so scared.

Of course, midcarder with guts, not sure how long a line that is. Unlike Matt & Jeff Hardy, who made great money on the indies but nowhere near what they made at their WWE peak, Cody is the example that you can leave, and if you hustle, there's no economic disadvantage and there's more fun and experience and you can often work with a lot more talented people.

Cody's actually doing better than people think he is. He's actually getting some notable matches, the thing is he just isn't putting on classics. Mind you he hasn't even been indie for 8 months yet. Once he gets some years in he'll be fine.

Cody came off as a try hard for a bit but he's really settled into a pretty good role... His NJPW work has been pretty good, when he gets to his chemistry with Omega and the Bucks is great...

I actually wish someone with a streaming service would get those 4 to exclusive contracts brcause I'd follow a product just for The Elite.

Shit Heroman just hacked Excelsior's account, somebody call 911

I like good matches as much as I like stories (it's why I watch you know everything I can, between WWE, NXT, NJPW, and now shows like Evolve and my local indie stuff too)... and my idea does both.. that ain't a workrate comment I made.

For my idea to work it needs to be a longer match otherwise they'll shit on the ending... granted it's Reigns so they'd probably shit on it anyway but whatever it's still a good finish spot.

Then If Reigns goes over in the rematch you redo the spot only Reigns lands on top 1,2,3 but he's out fucking cold...

Makes Roman look strong and keeps Nakamura hot.

BTW Joey Janela is scheduled for tonight's Beyond Show that's on right now on FloSlam

Beyond has a great ring announcer.

Awwwwwww shiiiiiiiiiiit we're launching with the Hoss fight Keith Lee vs Jeff Cobb!!!

Hey Pikma, did you ended up going to see the Bucks at Crash? I just saw the Elite ep of them in Tijuana with Conan, wish I would've been there :(

Keith Lee just did a clean hurricanrana... fuck me

Like crisp and clean and fast.

Jesus

And Cobb deadlift german suplex.

And Lee reversed a second into a rolling pin... what the fuck... this man is winning Mania weekend

Top Bottom