• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

This Beyond show is definitely the weakest of the FloSlam events I've watched.

Weakest event overall. Still fun but overall but it is lacking cohesion.

That said Dijak vs Riddle <3

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What time does WM start in UK? Like 10pm if not earlier?

(Normal ppvs start at 1am)

Beyond Wrestling: Caffeine hasn't had the hottest finishes, but it has been a really solid show.

I'm grading it on a curve because it started at 12:30 am and almost everyone has wrestled multiple times this weekend, if not on Saturday itself.

Also, I'm grading that Beyond show in a curve because the spectators are exhausted and Sugar Dunkerton and Veda Scott's commentary was really good.

Time to sleep.

Also, I'm grading that Beyond show in a curve because the spectators are exhausted and Sugar Dunkerton and Veda Scott's commentary was really good.

Time to sleep.

It was a solid show...

I'll agree it had the best commentary... well second best Janela's Spring Break had the best

Bask in this glory:
7FFStTk.gif

AdHFxY5.gif

Lol what

Referee Chad Patton apparently didn't know the finish of Taker/Lesnar... he counted 3 having no idea that that was the actual finish... lol what kind of carny shit is that lmao... dude probably thought he fucked up.

Tagyhag

Lol what

Referee Chad Patton didn't know the finish of Taker/Lesnar... he counted 3 having no idea that was the actual finish... lol what kind of carny shit is that lmao... dude probably thought he fucked up.

I mean, props to him for actually going for it. I would NEVER touch the mat for 3 at WM with Taker.

But how the hell do you not tell him?

I mean, props to him for actually going for it. I would NEVER touch the mat for 3 at WM with Taker.

But how the hell do you not tell him?

Honestly they probably did... it's a story Metlz reported on but when I looked at it in full he also said that many WWE officials believe Patton was told the of the finish via the earpiece at some point during the match...

But lol l if they didn't because that's nuts. It is believable though when you look at the match again because Patton looked confused as fuck even after he calls for the bell.

Adree

Honestly they probably did... it's a story Metlz reported on but when I looked at it in full he also said that many WWE officials believe Patton was told the of the finish via the earpiece at some point during the match...

But lol l if they didn't because that's nuts. It is believable though when you look at the match again because Patton looked confused as fuck even after he calls for the bell.

Well there's always that thing where they are supposed to treat it as a shoot (which is believable only some of the time.) How often do you see a veteran fail to kick out in time though?

Well there's always that thing where they are supposed to treat it as a shoot (which is believable only some of the time.) How often do you see a veteran fail to kick out in time though?

I mean sure but it's the streak, I'd have assumed unless otherwise told that the finish was #TakerWins.

Toki767

Wasn't it WWE policy before for referees to treat every match like a shoot, not knowing who is supposed to win, unless they needed to take a bump?

Wasn't it WWE policy before for referees to treat every match like a shoot, not knowing who is supposed to win, unless they needed to take a bump?

Treat it yes, but that doesn't mean they are kept in the dark...

That just meant enforce the rules and the responsibility is on the wrestlers to kick out when they are supposed to. It's there to ensure that if the finish gets fucked it at least isn't stupid obvious with a ref breaking his own count like an idiot

Jamie OD

Catching up on stuff while I was asleep and it seems a lot went down overnight.

- Galloway shows up on NXT.

- Killian Dain gets added to the Andre Battle Royal.

- The WWN show changes several of its matches with Galloway's absence as one of the reasons.

- Su Yung gets fired by WWN for either no showing or arriving late. I saw both reasons used on my timeline.

- Somebody from WCPW gets so pissed off at WWE signing "his guys" that he spends the NXT show ripping it apart. Makes fun of Aleister Black without knowing it's Tommy End proving that he knows jack shit about the indy scene.
EDIT: I got it wrong, it was just the one tweet about Black.

- CZW announces Onita is coming in for a show. The guy's body is so destroyed that he is literally breaking bones on a monthly basis so I'll be surprised if his match really does happen.

Did I miss anything?

Adree

- The WWN show changes several of its matches with Galloway's absence as one of the reasons.

- Su Yung gets fired by WWN for either no showing or arriving late. I saw both reasons used on my timeline.

- Somebody from WCPW gets so pissed off at WWE signing "his guys" that he spends the NXT show ripping it apart. Makes fun of Aleister Black without knowing it's Tommy End proving that he knows jack shit about the indy scene.

- CZW announces Onita is coming in for a show. The guy's body is so destroyed that he is literally breaking bones on a monthly basis so I'll be surprised if his match really does happen.

Did I miss anything?

Pretty good summary.

Galloway is signed to NXT. Nakamura did a "final farewell" at the end of the show.

Calderc

Did I miss anything?

Link to the WCPW shizz?

Pikma

Banned
I gotta say, The Revival teaming up with DIY is one of my favorite booking decisions ever

Just when I thought these four couldn't come up with more stuff

Did I miss anything?

Who was that and where can I read it/watch it?

WCPW is funny because they basically only exist because What Culture Wrestling got popular enough that they could turn their brand into a company.

Like literally they exist because they have some semi-charismatic people who can talk about WWE in ways that entertain a lot of folks....

Unlike most indies you literally can say without the WWE WCPW wouldn't exist.

That said Regal's tweet about how he hopes that if you hate WWE but are running a show in Orlando that you donate your money to charity is on point in general about indies and their relationship with WWE

Calderc

WCPW is funny because they basically only exist because What Culture Wrestling got popular enough that they could turn their brand into a company.

Like literally they exist because they have some semi-charismatic people who can talk about WWE in ways that entertain a lot of folks....

That said Regal's tweet about how he hopes that if you hate WWE but are running a show in Orlando that you donate your money to charity is on point in general about indies and their relationship with WWE

I do find their list videos quite entertaining but how the hell are they doing this promotion? Do they make that much from YT or do they have some high rollin' Daddy Warbucks dude behind them?

I do find their list videos quite entertaining but how the hell are they doing this promotion? Do they make that much from YT or do they have some high rollin' Daddy Warbucks dude behind them?

Dunno.. how does any indie fed make money lol...

They probably actually are able to use their site and youtube advertisement money to fund that company....

Heroman

Banned
Dat sweet sweet YouTube money. They also have like 5 popular YouTube channels.

Adree

And having all these companies running shows around big WWE events just makes cities want WWE to take them over for a long weekend even more.

And having all these companies running shows around big WWE events just makes cities want WWE to take them over for a long weekend even more.

It's a pretty great thing....

Like I'd never have discovered Evolve without it... I'm more than likely going to keep my FloSlam subscription because WWN and co put on a series of fantastic shows on FloSlam... and I got to fall in love with guys like Keith Lee and Donovan Dijak...

Never likely would have happened if there wasn't such a great number of live shows that made testing the waters on FloSlam worth it.

Jamie OD

There really enough places to hold shows in New Orleans when compared to Orlando, which have prime Indy area everywhere.

A lot of the shows in New Orleans during WM 30 were far away from the Super Dome. Evolve/DGUSA were at some college theatre that wasn't a great venue and ROH were miles away even further. I think Wrestlecon was the only event close to the stadium and I remember WWE was pissed off with that because it was located next to Axxess in the most obvious case of piggybacking ever.

Pikma

Banned
Speaking of FloSlam I tried to resub but they didn't accept my card for some weird reason so I resubbed to DDTUniverse instead

Your loss FloSlam&#129335;&#127995;

oddjobs

goddamnit Kassius Ohno has a terrible name, entrance music (the OH NO's!) and ring gear to match.
dude is obviously a great wrestler but the other aspects are so bad.

goddamnit Kassius Ohno has a terrible name, entrance music (the OH NO's!) and ring gear to match.
dude is obviously a great wrestler but the other aspects are so bad.

I actually love the song...

His gear tonight was fine because he didn't tuck his shirt in like an idiot.

As noted, WWE had officially listed 30 wrestlers for tonight's Andre the Giant battle royal at WrestleMania 33. WWE then added Tian Bing and Killian Dain from NXT to the match.

The updated list of names for the battle royal at WWE.com has 25 Superstars, so with the addition of Bing and Dain, 7 names had been removed from the original line-up. Those names are Titus O'Neil, Sin Cara, The Ascension, Kalisto and The Vaudevillians, who are no longer listed for the match.

Beefy

Reads like a list of names they could just remove from the main roster entirely.

7 names that are going to be added to the "soon to be unemployed" list

After watching NXT for the first time in ages. WWE badly needs to call up the older guys on it, then restock it with slightly younger dudes. Get rid of the shit on the main roster and get the NXT writers on both shows, just don't bring the shit cameraman or Nigel.

Afternoon Wrasslegaf

So JBL really made it sound like this is gonna be Undertakers last WM on that fake shoot show.

I know that wouldn't be surprising, old man is old. I don't like seeing him like that but gah I'm still gonna be sad if it happens, end of an era, even worse if its Reigns beating him and the 'torch getting passed' to a chorus of boos. :|

And I'll never forgive stupid Vince for having him and Sting finally on the same card together but not versing each other. Never.

:(

Top Bottom