• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

If they have Reigns vs Taker go on last (a match with basically no build), have Reigns retire Taker, and think they are going to try and continue to push Reigns as a babyface, they are out of their fucking minds

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If they have Reigns vs Taker go on last (a match with basically no build), have Reigns retire Taker, and think they are going to try and continue to push Reigns as a babyface, they are out of their fucking minds

it has to be a heel turn. I mean...it has to right?

Tall4Life

We Did It

C8YSXDvXoAEtVHW.jpg
No fucking way

Yeah, it kind of came out of nowhere in a bad way though.

Yeah but ah well... it still looked nice and it made both guys look evenly matched... I don't mind finishes out of nowhere... keeps ya on your toes

Lol weird LuFisto was a mega heel earlier in the WWN Supershow but is a face here in Beyond.

I wish WWE didnt make it obvious that someone was retiring even though they havent actually said this is takers last match.

Always had mad respect for how Stone Cold went out. Middle of the card. Putting someone over. Oh and it was his last match and nearly no one knew it.

Also I expect Roman to beat Taker but Taker to give him the rub after the match as a show respect and not turn Roman heel even though he will be getting booed out of the arena.

I wish WWE didnt make it obvious that someone was retiring even though they havent actually said this is takers last match.

Always had mad respect for how Stone Cold went out. Middle of the card. Putting someone over. Oh and it was his last match and nearly no one knew it.

Also I expect Roman to beat Taker but Taker to give him the rub after the match as a show respect and not turn Roman heel even though he will be getting booed out of the arena.

lol at this. Stone Cold walked out because he didn't want to put Brock over.
And then beat his wife.

MG310

Taker seems like he'd want to do the thing where he leaves his gloves in the ring after the match and that's it.

They will never let it go down that way.

Hex

Banned
If they are smart (lol) the match should be a gimmick special with things going back and forth and it should take a string of chair shots to beat Taker where he keeps kicking out and trying to sit up.
Crowd will go full on nuke with every chair shot.
Crowd will go melt down no matter what if Roman goes over and sorry but Roman losing to gramps one hip and no knees makes no sense.
Then again Mania fucks all storylines if they have their way

it has to be a heel turn. I mean...it has to right?

Did yall miss HHH saying in an interview literally this week "You boo him, that makes him a heel :smug my work here is done"

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I like my wrestling carny, so I fucking love this Sanity entrance :(

Hex

Banned
I like my wrestling carny, so I fucking love this Sanity entrance :(
I like the entrance but I still have a hard time taking Eric Young seriously.I mean this guy was the comedy guy on Team Canada. If I am not mistaken he won the tea women's belt once.
The all of the sudden he grows a wanna be Briscoe brothers beard, dressing like a crOSS between the Briscoe Bros and some homeless creepy vet who robbed the army navy store

Rhaknar

oh btw wanted to ask earlier, who is this tag team in nxt, heavy machine gun? heavy machinery? something like that? I havent seen them.

I like the entrance but I still have a hard time taking Eric Young seriously.I mean this guy was the comedy guy on Team Canada. If I am not mistaken he won the tea women's belt once.
The all of the sudden he grows a wanna be Briscoe brothers beard, dressing like a crOSS between the Briscoe Bros and some homeless creepy vet who robbed the army navy store
I guess that's the hex of watching TNA in effect.

Takeover has been fun so far. Women's match was a bit underwhelming, then again all of these Asuka Takeover matches are blending together for me. Way to be subtle about THE ECLIPSE in that build.

Tag match was fun, superplex to the outside was hot shit. Crowd throwing a micro Daniel Bryan hissy fit over DIY losing was some dumb bullshit, but at least they're invested I guess

Almas/Black was fun but Aleister Black is such a terrible name. Yeah it's evil but how is the crowd supposed to chant for him? "Let's go Black?" Almas has his shit figured out for the most part, Nigel with the "tranquilo" lol

Drew Galloway being there is awesome, I wasn't familiar with him before seeing him at an AAW show a few weeks ago and the dude was fuckin great. So stoked for him to get the chance to toss around indie geeks on a larger scale

EDIT: this main event is pretty boring, I'm barely paying attention right now but it's not giving me any reason to. Nice pants though Nak

This Beyond show has gotten weird since that eight man tag match with Chuck Taylor.

Now we have a mixed tag match with Joey Janela and Penelope vs. Joey Ryan and Candice LeRae.

Nekofrog

Banned
if i ever become lapsed again, this return to watching wrestling after 12+ years of not has been totally worth it for the revival alone

if i ever end up hating wrestling, the revival will be the one and only exception

I'm quoting this to make sure the evidence can't go away that you not only are willingly watching CZW, but are encouraging others to do so.

This will come back to haunt you, friend.

Quote it multiple times, idc friend

For one event only, shit was gold, right down to the Onita/Tremont announcement

Top Bottom