• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Mahonay

Banned
Weird in the sense that people are getting mad about it now.

Although when I think about it, the Mauro situation would count as going too far.
This Mauro situation is exceptionally bad considering his known mental issues, which appears that JBL pounced on.

And the Justin Roberts stuff is coming out simultaneously.

This is way bigger than the things that trickled out in the past. This new stuff is pretty damning. Obviously WWE has been complicit with his 20 years of bullying so we'll see what happens.

Haha.
zxv1EHZ.gif
giphy.gif

I'm enjoying reliving this feud via Google images.

Zach

JBL has been bullying people for like 20 years , apparently Vince loves him so I can't imagine him being gone for long.
If things get so drastic that they have to fire him, I can't imagine him coming back. Unless he goes on an apology tour or whatever. But I can't imagine a douchebag like JBL ever thinks he's in the wrong.

Mahonay

Banned
If things get so drastic that they have to fire him, I can't imagine him coming back. Unless he goes on an apology tour or whatever. But I can't imagine a douchebag like JBL ever thinks he's in the wrong.
Hogan is probably coming back and I certainly don't feel like he's sorry for his racist shit.

Kaladin

Hogan is probably coming back and I certainly don't feel like he's sorry for his racist shit.

Nah, if Hogan was coming back you would have seen him at Mania. He's too busy counting Gawker's millions, opening new stores and leaching money off fans who want something autographed.

ReiGun

The only thing with Hogan is...why? Dude is 63 years old, so he ain't wrestling. And as far as draws go, they have other people they can call in.

At most, they can get back to referencing him on TV. He's a piece of shit, but lots of people who work/have worked for WWE are pieces of shit, and he's such a big part of their history they can't really keep ignoring him.

Syder

The only thing with Hogan is...why? Dude is 63 years old, so he ain't wrestling. And as far as draws go, they have other people they can call in.

At most, they can get back to referencing him on TV. He's a piece of shit, but lots of people who work/have worked for WWE are pieces of shit, and he's such a big part of their history they can't really keep ignoring him.
Exactly. What can Hogan do except promote Susan G. Koman? Be a General Manager? LOL

Hex

Banned

He is coming back, going to do a skit with New Day which will lead to a 3 minute match against Titue O'neill and Mark Henry where he goes over with a double leg drop

Kaladin

I think they'd bring Hogan back on a legends deal, that's about it. You'd only hear from him when they need him for a video package or some random appearance to put some new guy over.

They should do a hogan retirement tour. Let him wrestle on Summerslam, Survivor Series, win the Rumble, then face brock for the title at Mania. Win, then drop it on Raw.

Mahonay

Banned
Holy shit OSW Review make $10,085 a month.

No wonder they did the Mania weekend.
robert-downey-jr.gif

Well they do make absolutely incredible content that isn't really rivaled by anyone else. Also they are really great to their fans. Glad they're getting theirs.

Syder

Well they do make absolutely incredible content that isn't really rivaled by anyone else. Also they are really great to their fans. Glad they're getting theirs.
Yeah, they completely deserve it. I'm really looking forward to the next instalment in their TNA story arc. As well as being hilarious, their videos are always really informative and as someone that never watched TNA, I learned a lot from the first episode.

Pikma

Banned
“JBL asked me and my partner to steal [Justin’s] passport, and we didn’t,” John Hennigan (Lucha Underground champion Johnny Mundo) told Deadspin. At the time of the incident, he worked for the WWF as Johnny Nitro, teaming with current WWE producer Joey Mercury as “MNM.” “JBL was one of the main event guys at the time,” he recalled, “and I don’t remember exactly what Justin Roberts did to become the target for the hazing of this specific oversea trip, but JBL asked me and Joey to snag Justin’s passport.”

Backstage tales of Layfield’s hazing and bullying have long been legion among hardcore wrestling fans. At one point, even WWE wasn’t shy about it: One infamous story comes from Adam “Edge” Copeland in his WWE-published memoir. When Copeland first started with the promotion, he was taking a shower when Layfield, wearing his cowboy hat no less, entered the stall and began, Copeland wrote, “soaping my ass.” In a parenthetical, he makes sure to note that “there was no insertion and no disappearing knuckles, if ya know what I mean.”
Uhhh

Top Bottom