• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Cagey

Banned
Got damn those arms.

We give Stephanie shit, but you gotta admit, she's more imposing than damn near the entire female roster. Them Meek Mahan genes.
It's bad when she's talking to the women's wrestlers, ever, on camera. The non-Charlotte, non-Nia ones come off as her little sisters.

Hell, her segment with Sami Zayn made her look like the big sister.

It's a bad look for the talent.

Brie-Stephanie-SummerSlam-gifs-001_001.gif

Best forearm in the business.
Not even the best hit to come from this match.

0SdZhLl.gif

Edit: Stephanie was pretty good in this match though.

Kaladin

Asuka is an odd case.....I feel like she's a step above all the women there, even the four horsewomen. I actually feel like putting her into the WWE women's roster breaks it because no one is at her level. If they want that Women's Champion who can hold a title forever like the champs of old did, Asuka is it.

Asuka is an odd case.....I feel like she's a step above all the women there, even the four horsewomen. I actually feel like putting her into the WWE women's roster breaks it because no one is at her level. If they want that Women's Champion who can hold a title forever like the champs of old did, Asuka is it.
Charlotte vs Asuka is the main money feud they can do with Asuka. It'd be extra $$$$ if the feud was able to happen with the undefeated streak vs the PPV streak but alas.

Aiii

So not worth it
Even in gif form Nikki Bella is completely unable to convey any emotion. God, even when she got halfway decent at wrestling she wpuld just suck the life out of any feud.

Glad the Bellas are finally done, just terrible wrestlers all around.

Even in gif form Nikki Bella is completely unable to convey any emotion. God, even when she got halfway decent at wrestling she wpuld just suck the life out of any feud.

Glad the Bellas are finally done, just terrible wrestlers all around.
But they started the Women's Revolution! I heard about it on WWE 24

Renallo is the best announcer WWE has had since JR. He was the first announcer to come in since MMA got big and be brought a enthusiasm and legit-ness WWE commentary sourly needed.

Losing him will be a huge loss because WWE commentary is THE WORST thing about the product the last decade and its far and away the one thing I would magically "fix" for WWE if I had a chance. Good commentary can make bad things OK. Bad commentary makes everything bad.

Coachman running WWE PR is disappointing but dont get be started about how silly the entire ESPN / WWE partnership is.

Syder

Steph is a good talker because she was trusted for years on the mic.

They have so little faith in any of the Women's roster for talking. Charlotte is the only person that has improved in the last 18 months.

Mahonay

Banned

They have so little faith in any of the Women's roster for talking. Charlotte is the only person that has improved in the last 18 months.
On Smackdown Alexa has gotten pretty solid on the mic.

I'd say Charlotte, Becky and Alexa are top three for mic work in the women division so long as the three don't get super shitty material in the writing.

ReiGun

Maybe she hasn't found a tough enough opponent yet. Paging Asuka!

She is definitely Vince's daughter.
It's crazy cause Shane has a pretty "gentle" face and look compared to her and Vince. Must take more after his mother.

It's bad when she's talking to the women's wrestlers, ever, on camera. The non-Charlotte, non-Nia ones come off as her little sisters.

Hell, her segment with Sami Zayn made her look like the big sister.

It's a bad look for the talent.
True. Her next to Sasha looks like she brought her daughter to work.

Can't really blame Steph for that though, cause that's just how she looks. As always, it just comes back to her needing to be on TV less.

Aiii

So not worth it

I have to say that this is not entirely the WWE's fault. They let AJ Lee talk just fine, too. But every time they gave girls like Charlotte or Sasha considerable mic time they flubbed lines and gave uninspired promo's. They got their ball and immediately dropped it so of course WWE would course correct and focus on less talking in their programs.

Alexa is another example of more of a hit in this regard, too.

Syder

On Smackdown Alexa has gotten pretty solid on the mic.
Yeah and I think Charlotte and Alexa's propensity on the mic is natural talent rather than anything WWE/NXT has done for them.
I'd say Charlotte, Becky and Alexa are top three for mic work in the women division so long as the three don't get super shitty material in the writing.
Doesn't matter how good Becky gets, despite being the most natural babyface in the Women's division, they clearly don't rate her backstage.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
lol @ Coachman claiming ESPN doesn't report rumors. Does he watch ESPN?

Cagey

Banned
It's crazy cause Shane has a pretty "gentle" face and look compared to her and Vince. Must take more after his mother.

Can't really blame Steph for that though, cause that's just how she looks. As always, it just comes back to her needing to be on TV less.

Her seated at a desk during some backstage segments would lessen the image problem while keeping up with her character being in charge.

Too often the camera catches them other wrestler's eyes to Steph's chin, or worse, Steph in front so perspective makes even larger.

Protect ya talent from reality when framing a shot!

WCW fired Steve Austin this week. Austin has been widely considered as possibly the best young wrestler in the U.S. but his career stalled in the last year or so because WCW doesn't know how to make new stars. Austin has also been in the doghouse with WCW management for the last year due to a reputation for not exactly keeping quiet about his discontent with how he's been used. Austin tore his tricep in June in Japan and has been out of action since. He was about 6 weeks away from returning when he was fired. Dave thinks firing him while he was out injured was pretty classless. Austin has reportedly been upset over the cliquish nature of WCW and wasn't in good favor with Hogan and his buddies, who feel Austin has no charisma and can't draw money (fuckin' LOOOOOOOOL) and since Austin wasn't really in the Flair clique either, he didn't have anyone in power on his side. Dave thinks Austin will likely end up in ECW since he's good friends with Paul Heyman, but it would be a significant pay cut. He also thinks Austin could do well in All Japan because they need a new foreign star and Austin is the kind of worker who can get over there. WWF is always an option of course, and even WCW might take him back if he's willing to take a pay cut but after the way they fired him, Dave thinks there will probably be some bitter feelings there (sadly, Steve Austin drifted into oblivion and was never heard from again).

IT BEGINS!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The problem is that its just on the cusp of getting actual coverage; you'd need a few more guys to publicly speak out about it.

ReiGun

The only thing I don't like about Charlotte's mic work is her habit of screaming into the mic. Matched with her sing songy grade school teacher tone, it's infuriating to listen to. And yes, I know she's a heel, but it's just too much.

Her seated at a desk during some backstage segments would lessen the image problem while keeping up with her character being in charge.

Too often the camera catches them other wrestler's eyes to Steph's chin, or worse, Steph in front so perspective makes even larger.

Protect ya talent from reality when framing a shot!

I still don't get why the GM office doesn't have a desk....or look anything like an office.

Your gimmick posts are bad and you should feel bad
Gimmick? Damnit, I've never been a gimmick a damn in my life son!

I'm a jbl fan. Sure what he did was bad but they're not going to do shit about it. As I said Vince wanted him back, not the other way around.

Hogan, brother, he's a piece of shit but he could draw in a retirement tour.

Mahonay

Banned
The problem is that its just on the cusp of getting actual coverage; you'd need a few more guys to publicly speak out about it.
Say "story is still unfolding, need to look into more sources"

Instead Coachman immediately went "LOL internet rumors, LOL Meltzer."
Gimmick? Damnit, I've never been a gimmick a damn in my life son!

I'm a jbl fan. Sure what he did was bad but they're not going to do shit about it. As I said Vince wanted him back, not the other way around.

Hogan, brother, he's a piece of shit but he could draw in a retirement tour.
shut up blue

Heel Naomi was dope too.

Shane looks like Vince the most and I think Steph has more of his personality. Shane is such a fucking bore.

97 Austin in all Japan would have been great as well.

This bastard kobashi with his little chops. This isn't a steakhouse son this is a wrestling ring.

While I'm not the biggest fan of him, Roode's NXT title reign has been like a thousand times more interesting then Finn/Nakamura/Joe reigns combined.

Heel Naomi was dope too.

Shane looks like Vince the most and I think Steph has more of his personality. Shane is such a fucking bore.
When she stiffed Sasha and her jewelry went everywhere. 10/10 moment.

Matt Cross announced for ICW Barramania next Sunday, first appearance there since his injury. First announced opponent in the Zero G title scramble, so already looking good.

Top Bottom