• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

ReiGun

While I'm not the biggest fan of him, Roode's NXT title reign has been like a thousand times more interesting then Finn/Nakamura/Joe reigns combined.

When she stiffed Sasha and her jewelry went everywhere. 10/10 moment.
UPHDqGq.gif

This shit had me rolling.

With the way they are in these beat down segments, you can tell Naomi and Sasha done been in a shoot or two in their day.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Say "story is still unfolding, need to look into more sources"

Instead Coachman immediately went "LOL internet rumors, LOL Meltzer."

shut up blue

The problem with Coachman's actual response is that there's no gain for even addressing it at all.

His response is intelligence insulting and makes him look really fucking bad if something comes of the story.

I've not been watching, can you explain why?
It's mainly because of the matches since NXT TV has been so eh in the past year and a bit that none of the main NXT title feuds have really been built up well. After the Owens' matches, Finn's run didn't seem to be anything special. Joe vs Finn was nothing special not helped by the fact it went like six months, Nakamura and Joe didn't click much as I hoped they would. Roode vs Nakamura have had two rather good matches that on reflection I like a lot more.

UPHDqGq.gif

This shit had me rolling.

With the way they are in these beat down segments, you can tell Naomi and Sasha done been in a shoot or two in their day.
Alexa needs to go Raw so she and Sasha can reignite the rumors that the two hate each other.

tumblr_nj5tfrqj9a1ri3ynno2_400.gif
tumblr_nxs5nvG5Qb1ukvoqyo1_400.gif
g7K8nc.gif

Kaladin

Roode in NXT is confusing. He promos about changing NXT and bringing the corporate types along with him to NXT, blah blah blah, but he does nothing like that and is just a champ. He's supposed to be heel, but his theme music is more over than he is and people want to love him.....yet he heels it up as he soaks in the NXT Universe singing his song.

It's weird, but maybe in a good way.

Kaladin

I feel like Nia Jax would be a better character if they let her be herself and not this domineering personality that it seems like she struggles with playing sometimes.

ReiGun

Is Tamina even still on the roster? I know she was on house shows, but we haven't heard from her in a while.

Alexa needs to go Raw so she and Sasha can reignite the rumors that the two hate each other.

tumblr_nj5tfrqj9a1ri3ynno2_400.gif
tumblr_nxs5nvG5Qb1ukvoqyo1_400.gif
g7K8nc.gif

Look at those stomps, man. That ain't something you learn wrestling. Sasha picked that up giving the beats to one of the girls round her way. lol

Mahonay

Banned
I feel like Nia Jax would be a better character if they let her be herself and not this domineering personality that it seems like she struggles with playing sometimes.
Hopefully they are thinking about a face turn for Nia, since she attacked Charlotte last Monday.

Tagyhag

Asuka is an odd case.....I feel like she's a step above all the women there, even the four horsewomen. I actually feel like putting her into the WWE women's roster breaks it because no one is at her level. If they want that Women's Champion who can hold a title forever like the champs of old did, Asuka is it.

Maybe they'll keep Asuka in NTX while they bring Kairi and Io. They're the only ones that can keep up with her.

Is Tamina even still on the roster? I know she was on house shows, but we haven't heard from her in a while.

Look at those stomps, man. That ain't something you learn wrestling. Sasha picked that up giving the beats to one of the girls round her way. lol
She's been regularly doing SD house shows but no debut yet.

Sasha's busted her nose like twice. Even when Raw invaded Smackdown for the Survivor Series build those two were beating the shit outta each other.

Her twitter post this week makes me think she'd be a great face. Show that you don't need to look like a model to make it in the WWE.

Like make her best buddies with Bayley and have her be Bayley's bodyguard or something. I can't buy the monster act because she comes out with her soft eyes and looks like the sweetest person in the world.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Where do wrestlers work out when they're on the road, hotel gyms? Cause that seems like it would be inadequate for their needs.

They all have their own things; e.g. Seth goes to certain Crossfit gyms with Cesaro. Most of the time they just open an iPhone and look for a Gold's or LA Fitness or whatever they have in the area.

They all pretty much subsist on Chipotle.

ReiGun

The problem with face Nia is that it's hard to make her the underdog type WWE wants faces to be in a division where most of her comp looks like they could be her kids. Also, they aren't great at booking monster faces.

I do agree that would be a better spot for her. If she has to stay a heel, give her a mouthpiece like Alexa Bliss or the Iconic Duo when they come up. She can just stand in the back while they generate all the heat.

Where do wrestlers work out when they're on the road, hotel gyms? Cause that seems like it would be inadequate for their needs.
I figure any regular old gym would probably be fine with a WWE superstar using it so long as they maybe get a picture from them for the publicity to draw attention to it.

Syder

Seems like it.

Look at Ambrose, guy never gets injured, is a complete workhorse for the company and he's lost so much muscle mass since he came to the main roster; just look at his biceps in The Shield days. He and Seth used to be on the same level now Dean just... doesn't look good. Whereas as Seth came back from his injury looking even more swole.

Seems like it.

Look at Ambrose, guy never gets injured, is a complete workhorse for the company and he's lost so much muscle mass since he came to the main roster, just look at his biceps in The Shield days. He and Seth used to be on the same level now Dean just... doesn't look good. Whereas as Seth came back from his injury looking even more swole.
Ambrose doesn't work out in gyms. He rides his bike and goes rock climbing which explains why he isn't really huge because he doesn't do much lifting. It's why the guy seems to have barely any strength to do much power moves to many. Guy couldn't even catch Kalisto to keep him up a month or two ago during a battle royal.

The Shield I think used to work together when they were together hence why Ambrose was quite built during the duration and even during most of 2014.

Hex

Banned
I wouldn't consider Naomi terrible. Not while you've got Tamina and Dana Brooke on the main roster.

The problem is that she has been there quite a while and has not really improved (IMO).
I do not know if that is partly because since she is with Uce she thinks she does not have to work as hard or what but if she put half the effort in the ring or mic that she put into her entrance she would be the main go to.

Angry Grimace

Putting Luke Harper as a face in properly fitting clothes makes Ambrose look really bad in comparison since they have the same look but Harper actually looks like he could win a fight

Mahonay

Banned
The problem is that she has been there quite a while and has not really improved (IMO).
I do not know if that is partly because since she is with Uce she thinks she does not have to work as hard or what but if she put half the effort in the ring or mic that she put into her entrance she would be the main go to.
You should go back and watch her matches from a couple years ago. Even though she's still not that good, she was way worse before.

Said the Mauro and the JBL stories were just rumors so he won't report on them, and then when in on Meltz saying he "can't get heat". Pretty embarrassing, I can see why he deleted it. Dumb ass.

More specifically, he said his company (ESPN) doesn't report on rumors. Which is some of the worst damage control I've EVER seen.

Friends I've been jobbing to a fever these last 48 hours, what's new in the world of wrasslin' because all I can gather from a quick scan is that JBL remains a colossal fuckhead which isn't anything actually new.

MC Safety

I wouldn't consider Naomi terrible. Not while you've got Tamina and Dana Brooke on the main roster.

It's a rich cornucopia of awfulness.

Naomi is charismatic and has a great entrance, but her moves are godawful. Her hopping kick is the worst move/attack of any wrestler in the WWE.

Oh, and beyond that: the butt bump and the butt shake in the corner. Because she has a butt.

Mahonay

Banned
It's a rich cornucopia of awfulness.

Naomi is charismatic and has a great entrance, but her moves are godawful. Her hopping kick is the worst move/attack of any wrestler in the WWE.

Oh, and beyond that: the butt bump and the butt shake in the corner. Because she has a butt.
Yay butts!

Friends I've been jobbing to a fever these last 48 hours, what's new in the world of wrasslin' because all I can gather from a quick scan is that JBL remains a colossal fuckhead which isn't anything actually new.
The fever.... That's a great gimmick. Making everyone hot and sick. A good way to make your way up the ladder.

Top Bottom