• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

ReiGun

One comment from my Twitter: "John Cena's little girlfriend has a hard face."

Only thing I've seen from people I know aren't into wrestling.

my mom told me on monday "did you hear john cena proposed to his girlfriend?"

so the word definitely got out there... to moms that don't give a single fuck about fake sports bullshit? mission accomplished?
That's cultural relevance if I've ever seen it

Finally, staged spectacle reaches the masses again!

ReiGun

The only way the JBL stuff is gonna blow up is if people start giving details and naming names. Because you know it's not just him.

Problem is, it sounds like people what to leave the door open on coming back and don't want to risk burning bridges.

Syder

Wait, did the whole JBL / Mauro thing start with that Bring It To The Table segment where JBL went off on Mauro or was there more to it when they were doing commentary?
Clearly, from many different accounts, JBL is the sort of guy to sniff out potential weaknesses in new guys and pounce on it.

Guarantee as soon as JBL heard about Mauro's problems he made some sort of effort to mock him on it.

JBL is a classic bully. Highlight other people's issues so no one sees his. He's a cunt of the highest order and his bullying should get some mainstream light.

Tagyhag

Some great news from PWInsider:

The point of the AJ to Raw rumors is that WWE wants to reunite The Club. But recently they've been thinking about sending the Club to SmackDown and keeping AJ there.

That works with SD's tag team situation too.

But nah, it'd be too smart to do.

I like that Nikki is selling it like she didn't know, as if she's a good enough actress to sell surprise.

I wish after Punk left he got to finish that bit of the "pipe bomb" promo where he was about to go in on WWE's Be A Star PR gimmick before his mic got cut, assuming he actually had something past that which I'm sure he did.

I've been at work all day, can someone update me in this latest JBL news?
Justin Roberts came out and said a bunch of bullshit JBL did to him being an asshole bully

JBL goes on twitter and says HA HA MAGGLE I AINT A BULLY AND EVERYONE HATES THAT GUY HA HA

Meltzer says he has 15 other people with similar claims as Justin Roberts and it's way worse than he thought

Syder

Fuck the orange man
I think WWE would sooner ask him than Hogan would beg to come back. $31 million burning a hole in his back pocket. Why would Hogan want the aggro of coming back when he can just retire from the public eye forever?

I hope Seth Rollins denies more photo requests from you!
That's a throwback low blow.
KjavHap.gif

All this stuff about JBL seems weird to me because JBL has always been known as the top backstage hazer. The Blue Meanie incident was pretty well known I thought?

Kaladin

I think WWE would sooner ask him than Hogan would beg to come back. $31 million burning a hole in his back pocket. Why would Hogan want the aggro of coming back when he can just retire from the public eye forever?

Pretty much exactly. Hell, at one point I remember Hogan saying he only went back to wrestling for WCW for the money because Linda wanted some house or something. Hogan was always in it for the money, and Gawker is his new cash cow.

Hex

Banned
He was involved in one of the best feud in WWE history.

I agree, and some great matches. His Neville and KO stuff in NXT was great and his match with Nak.
But he needs a good program and a good partner in that program to shine with.

(Unlike myself who is alright with the burden of carrying potato sacks to 5 stars)

Kaladin

All this stuff about JBL seems weird to me because JBL has always been known as the top backstage hazer. The Blue Meanie incident was pretty well known I thought?

I think it's the extent of the bullying here. Mauro isn't a wrestler who can defend himself and has personal issues which were affected by his bullying. We also got to see some of it on air, more up close and personal than even the Blue Meanie incident.

Aiii

So not worth it

Because Hogan is addicted to getting attention.

Syder

*clap clap clap clap clap* FUCK YOU, BRADSHAW!

Top Bottom