• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

MC Safety

El Vagabondo is destined for greatness.

He's already got a hit in the making in "Shut Your Mouth, I'm El Vagabondo." And the man can wrestle.

tumblr_nqza7l6jl81uvokdeo1_400.gif

Why is this a thing?

TJ Perkins must be stopped.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Given that Drew McIntyre has came back to the WWE, I'm curious to know how other ex-WWE wrestlers are doing on the indie scene. I haven't followed the careers of Matt Sydal, Justin Gabriel, Brodus Clay, Alex Riley (seems to be doing nothing?), and a few others, but wondering if they have proved themselves on the indie scene.

I haven't followed Ryback outside of him talking mad shit against the WWE almost every other day, but it seems like he isn't trying to make a career building up his "indie" name like Cody Rhodes is attempting.

I hope Swagger is able to rebuild his career on the indie scene.

Syder

I haven't followed Ryback outside of him talking mad shit against the WWE almost every other day, but it seems like he isn't trying to make a career building up his "indie" name like Cody Rhodes is attempting.
As far as I know, all Ryback does is shill his supplements and has no interest in wrestling again.

Find someone to convert, my girlfriend didn't know shit about wrestling 2 years ago before we started dating. The basis of our relationship pretty much was playing apples to apples and she picked up a hulk Hogan card and asked who the hell that was? Fast forward to current time and she's as big a mark as I am.
Cute. I'm just glad my girlfriend is happy to sit through hours of wrestling without complaining.

Find someone to convert, my girlfriend didn't know shit about wrestling 2 years ago before we started dating. The basis of our relationship pretty much was playing apples to apples and she picked up a hulk Hogan card and asked who the hell that was? Fast forward to current time and she's as big a mark as I am.
Aw that's a cute picture

Hex

Banned
Too boring for me

Ah you just were not there.
Bloody cage matches but set up with stories that made sense.
Seeing your favorite guy from one fed show up in another leading to dream match situations. Audiences who were out for blood, totally buying into it.
Kayfabe 4 life. Scaffold matches, real rivalries that lasted years.

Given that Drew McIntyre has came back to the WWE, I'm curious to know how other ex-WWE wrestlers are doing on the indie scene. I haven't followed the careers of Matt Sydal, Justin Gabriel, Brodus Clay, Alex Riley (seems to be doing nothing?), and a few others, but wondering if they have proved themselves on the indie scene.

Sydal was doing really well with NJPW but fucked it up getting caught with weed. Will still get plenty of indie dates, dude is fantastic in the ring.

Kurita

My desire of Taker going away was stronger than my indifference towards Reigns so I'm not mad at The Big Dog #AaahYESSIR

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
New Generation is amazing if you just take the best aspects of it and watch it retrospectively. You've got Razor, Diesel, Shawn, Kid, Owen, Bret, etc and you're booking to their strengths. IT's why I also love early 90s WCW because you have a smaller selection of guys but you build everything around them and have an actual focus. The big deals feel big and they don't feel like hte ONLY big deals. There was times Razor was the IC champion and he was the most over face on the roster. Some towns, Razor was more over than Bret.

unfortunately when you're filling a 2 hour show, you have to put in a bunch of literal whos in squash matches to pad the stuff you want to see

Anth0ny

I think wwe was fun to watch one way or another until mania 20. From then on it was the absolute shits. More shit than good, or rather, it wasn't worth watching all of the shit for the good stuff.

Zach

I agree with Dato -- or maybe not, I don't remember exactly what he was saying, but I was thinking -- that wrassle is good-est when there are like ten dudes to care about and a bunch of nobodies playing support. I want laser-focus instead of scattershot. Or maybe I'm just tired and don't know what I'm saying.

Syder

WWE missed an opportunity to have Taker pass the tombstone onto Braun because if there's anyone on the roster that should have that move now, it's him. With Taker gone and Kane probably not far behind, is the move just going to cease to exist? Strowman has improved a lot but his moveset mostly sucks; the running powerslam and reverse chokeslam just aren't good.

Top Bottom