• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

After watching NXT for the first time in ages. WWE badly needs to call up the older guys on it, then restock it with slightly younger dudes. Get rid of the shit on the main roster and get the NXT writers on both shows, just don't bring the shit cameraman or Nigel.

Afternoon Wrasslegaf

I'm just watching it now, only on the first match but

a) I wish they would just let Chris Hero be Chris Hero and
b) Sanity is like something out of WCW just before it shut down. Really tacky and fake.
c) Enzo doing a KFC ad? Just bring back 'not' Ric Flair.

Afternoon Beefy, it's lovely weather in the south west, how's your end holding up?

Beefy

I'm just watching it now, only on the first match but

a) I wish they would just let Chris Hero be Chris Hero and
b) Sanity is like something out of WCW just before it shut down. Really tacky and fake.
c) Enzo doing a KFC ad? Just bring back 'not' Ric Flair.

Afternoon Beefy, it's lovely weather in the south west, how's your end holding up?

Sunny as hell and warm for once, i'll live with that.

Sunny as hell and warm for once, i'll live with that.

Guilt is kicking in because while the sun is shining i'm sat inside watching Takeover, and it's boring me so far.

Edit - who thought Nigel McGuinness would be a good idea for NXT? He's so boring.

Aleister Black is meh. Winning with a lame looking spin kick? Get that shit outta here.

Watched the main event from NXT. Pretty good. Lot of rest holds in the middle of the match. I had the result spoiled by a promoted tweet from WWE this morning, so I knew the result and it made it less tense.

As a casual watcher (NXT + Major PPVs), I like Nakamura for his ability to sell, draw you in, and put over other guys... But, call me crazy, I don't love strong style emphasis on all kicks and strikes. It also hurt him in this match because Roode worked on his knee for 10 solid minutes... Figure four, knee to the post, repeated twists of the knee, knee into the turnbuckle, etc., but the Nakamura had to go on offense, he couldn't sell the knee because that's nearly all of his offense. The announcers had to make up for it explaining that he wasn't limping because of adrenaline.

I'm sure he has a larger moveset, just wish he'd use it more in his major matches.

Anybody in Orlando go to the Beyond Wrestling #CAFFEINE show last night? Beyond is up from my neck of the woods and they do really good independent shows. The venues are tiny, standing room, and it makes for a really intimate good event usually.

Caderfix

I've been watching 1996 WCW, I'm 6 episodes and 1 ppv in, and I got to say, Regal's work so far as a comedy guy has been preaty great. This only solidifies how underrated he is.

31GhostsIV is on a tear!

Just trying to get myself in the wrasslin' zone brother Zach, Mania weekend only happens once a year after all!

tumblr_m4x3skL3e81ro8ysbo1_400.gif

Edit - the best bit of Takeover so far is the Revival's taste in ring wear.

Beefy

Guilt is kicking in because while the sun is shining i'm sat inside watching Takeover, and it's boring me so far.

Edit - who thought Nigel McGuinness would be a good idea for NXT? He's so boring.

Aleister Black is meh. Winning with a lame looking spin kick? Get that shit outta here.

Nigel is fucking shit and Black needs a shorter entrance and better finisher. Apart from that Black is great.

Who's ready for 7hrs + of Mania?

Nigel is fucking shit and Black needs a shorter entrance and better finisher. Apart from that Black is great.

Who's ready for 7hrs + of Mania?

Not me. I need to get out of my debbie downer wrasslin' mood because if I'm not enjoying this I dread to think how Mania will be for me.

Gotta get my money's worth out of my free sub though...

Edit - this tag match is actually pretty good. Love the Revival/DIY team up.

Menome

Has anyone else noticed that you can fit the lyrics from The Fresh Prince of Bel Air into the verses for Greenlight?

The supercollider is a dumb finisher, and the name is way too good for it.

"Oh no! their opponents touched bums before getting powerbombed! Devastating!"

That was my first AOP experience, they're like the APA but without the funny skits involving card games and office doors. DIY and especially Revival are both great though.

Cocky Asuka is great. Does Ember Moon always speaks in moon puns or is it just a phase? I hope her in ring talents eclipse her mic work. Lols.

Beefy

The supercollider is a dumb finisher, and the name is way too good for it.

"Oh no! their opponents touched bums before getting powerbombed! Devastating!"

That was my first AOP experience, they're like the APA but without the funny skits involving card games and office doors. DIY and especially Revival are both great though.

I thought AoP were great as well, but in a different way then Revival and DIY. All 3 are far better then all the main roster teams.

New women's belt! Looks good. I guess the other one had someone's DNA all over it...

Nigel's voice is annoying me. It belongs on commentary for a tennis match.

klonere

Banned
Black's spin kick is fucking outrageous if you see it up close. How he hasn't legit knocked someone out with it is a testament to his skill.

It looks REAL

I think Bobby Rooooooooo is really bland in the ring. Everything else about him is great.

Tell me if i'm wrong GAF.

Black's spin kick is fucking outrageous if you see it up close. How he hasn't legit knocked someone out with it is a testament to his skill.

It looks REAL

I'd suggest we settle this in a GWF ring but President Zach Tunney and Seph McMahon won't let me sign up.

Edit - Who is 'nakameera' McGuinness? You twat.

Zach

I've been watching 1996 WCW, I'm 6 episodes and 1 ppv in, and I got to say, Regal's work so far as a comedy guy has been preaty great. This only solidifies how underrated he is.
He's in my Top Ten for sure. Amazing wrassler. Amazing entertainer. Love him.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
nothing sounds less interesting than bobby roode v s drew galloway

not even shane wrestling or alexa being champion

He's solid! But is far better out the ring.

Kalisto is ok, so yeah 205. Cara is shit, guy needs to have a gimmick change.

Oh, solid definitely. Not calling him shit, I like him. His in-ring is solid but dull.

He's yet another one who should be on the main roster though.

Zach

I think Bobby Rooooooooo is really bland in the ring. Everything else about him is great.

Tell me if i'm wrong GAF.

I'd suggest we settle this in a GWF ring but President Zach Tunney and Seph McMahon won't let me sign up.

Edit - Who is 'nakameera' McGuinness? You twat.
I find most everything about Roode to be bland.

Sephzilla, sign this man to the most lucrative contract we have!

I find most everything about Roode to be bland.

Sephzilla, sign this man to the most lucrative contract we have!

At the next GWF event I expect a vignette with Bobby Heenan talking about the upcoming unveiling of a mystery new athlete known only as 'Ghostcissus"

Top Bottom