• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Mahonay

Banned
We got WWE marks, we got Dubya Cee Dubya marks, we got New Japan marks

where my ECW marks at?
tumblr_njljz5UnTc1u1urgoo1_400.gif

I did place bWo as my second all-time favorite stable. I have a giant soft spot for ECW.

Striker

When you think about how over Too Cool were back in the day, it's hilarious that they've had no staying power in people's memories.

Looking forward to Enzo Amore turning up in 15 years and cutting the same promo to no reaction.
If they all came out together and did the dance again, it would definitely get a pop.

Zach

How are you liking that era so far? That's when a LOT of people stopped watching, myself included.

I finished the Rumble this morning. It's whatever.

I started up the next PPV and was able to fast-forward 15 minutes before the first match started, so that was nice. >_>

RBH

g2MvpBn.gif

Christy Hemme plead her case to the TNA fans and VKM that she wanted to wrestle and wanted equality in TNA. VKM basically laughed her off, told her she belonged in the kitchen... and to make things even worse, the majority of fans AGREED!

Amazing to think this was still the stance on women in wrestling. There's been a lot of progress in a decade with mainstream women's wrestling and this really highlights how far we've come in less than a decade.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The early PG era is incredibly rough.

Chris Benoit has soured the product. All of the Attitude era stars besides HHH are long gone. The wrestling isn't good 90% of the time. No one is over.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Except for Cena, the fans are cheering for Triple H more than anyone else. Sad times.

There's an infamous match within a year or so of where you are (I have no clue if its earlier or later) where the crowd starts cheering the crap out of HHH over Cena.

korly

Fave Five WCW:

Raven

Outsiders (only together, never apart)

"Loose Cannon" Brian Pillman

"Stunning" Steve Austin

Dean Malenko

Caderfix

That's terrible. To think that was closer to the rule than the exception, and not only in pro wrestling, just a few years ago is very sad. Things are much better now, but we still have a long way to go, as we still have feuds because "women just hate each other" and not so long ago they were pushing the Eva Marie character.

Anyways, I'm happy to see that, mostly, the division has great talent and support from the crowds now.

Nobody likes Super Cena.

The Strokes of pro wrestling.

Zach

There's an infamous match within a year or so of where you are (I have no clue if its earlier or later) where the crowd starts cheering the crap out of HHH over Cena.

Oh, I think that's happened already. During one of the crowd's fits of anti-Cena sentiment. It's a weird time in wrestling. That we're still in, I guess.

What a half-assed attempt at a shoot by Caderfix.

And I agree with Owens, fuck the dude. I can't see why someone would say he got good if he did the same thing he always does but with the us title.

Zach

Were you worked by Shane being the new owner?

Not at all. I was 17 and thought it was dumb. And I always thought Shane was pretty lame anyway. I just remember thinking the WWF parts felt... inconsequential? I dunno if that's the word I'm looking for. It just felt like they weren't capitalizing on it very well or making it seem like a big deal, which seemed foolish.

Caderfix

What a half-assed attempt at a shoot by Caderfix.

And I agree with Owens, fuck the dude. I can't see why someone would say he got good if he did the same thing he always does but with the us title.

He puts people over clean and, even though he still wins a lot, it doesn't look effortless anymore. Also, the moves of doom are not as effective as they used to be.

Cena could be booked better, but that goes for everyone i the company. The character AND performer improved a lot.

Not at all. I was 17 and thought it was dumb. And I always thought Shane was pretty lame anyway. I just remember thinking the WWF parts felt... inconsequential? I dunno if that's the word I'm looking for. It just felt like they weren't capitalizing on it very well or making it seem like a big deal, which seemed foolish.

Zach, edit my post, I look dumb!

Anyways, I was a kid when it happened ant thanks to WCW/NwO revenge and the fact that Hulk Hogan was there, I always thought WCW was a part of WWE, so the whole thing was shocking to me.

Small4Life where it matters, though. Poor guy. :(

Filth.

Hey Cader, Cena sucks, deal with it you mark.

I agree he got more willing to putting some people over, but HE STILL GETS THE LAST LAUGH. Fuck that.

Top Bottom