• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Zach

Nah, she said I don't ever want to do anything but play games, watch wrestling, go to bars, play Magic and every other random thing she could come up with to explain why I suck.

I mean, the fact she works 12 hours a day every day was a bigger reason for that, but she doesn't seem to want to take any blame in any way. The reason she's not calling me up or meeting me (she literally abandoned the house last week while I was out with a friend after we had a fight over her last-minute refusal to go) is because it makes her feel bad to have to do it over the phone. She didn't say that directly; she just said when I get upset it makes her upset and she doesn't want that; which I translated as "it makes her feel bad to talk to me over the phone."

I mean, we don't have any kids or have any real property, although we've been together for 11 years. I don't like entertaining the possibility she found another guy, but its hard to dismiss, but not something I think would be even vaguely productive to bring up to her. Or even that I'd want to know given I feel pathetic enough as it is begging her to come home.

If you are both willing, you should probably try marriage counseling. It's possible she's just done, though, for whatever reason -- fair or not -- but if she's feeling that way and isn't willing to try counseling, then it's definitely for the best, even if it doesn't feel like it now.

It'll be rough for a bit, but you can see it through with or without her.

Kakaroach

I've been watching wrestling again since July or so, only Smackdown. I love Mauro. Reminded of JR and young Cole, the commentary I grew up with. If all of this is true, then I hope the community pays attention like they did with Demott.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If you are both willing, you should probably try marriage counseling. It's possible she's just done, though, for whatever reason -- fair or not -- but if she's feeling that way and isn't willing to try counseling, then it's definitely for the best, even if it doesn't feel like it now.

It'll be rough for a bit, but you can see it through with or without her.

She is not willing. She's just leaving. I mean, I feel like shit now, but I have SOME dignity left. It's a bit of a whirlwind of feelings, but I can only say its all my fault so many times before its obvious I'm lying.

Zach

You're gonna have to give it a little room to breathe. I'd just tell her you're willing to talk when she's ready and take it from there. Make yourself busy and prepare for the worst just in case.

You will get through it, my man. You will get through it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean, she said I was "broken," and I almost said something Hardy-esque in response, but I didn't. I mean, I may be sad and feel like shit, but I have enough self-esteem left to not agree with ridiculous shit where its all my fault. Like what am I supposed to even say to that?

Anth0ny

My wife just sent me notice she's seeking a divorce by text, and cited wrestling as one of the reasons.

I'd say fuck my life, but I don't really know if that covers it.

Man.

I got dumped via text and it's pretty much fucked me up since.

Divorce via text, though.... fuck.

Zach

Hey, I don't even know the details but can tell you it's not all your fault. It's never all one person's fault. Unless you're beating her or something, which I doubt is happening.

I can tell you one thing is for sure, though: getting hung up on whose fault it is will not improve the situation. It's either you guys are both willing to work on fixing things, or not. If she's not willing, try to come to terms with it and work together on the best exit strategy.

And I know I'm making it sound easy and it's not, but that's the long and short of it. No matter what, though, you got this.

Syder

I mean, she said I was "broken," and I almost said something Hardy-esque in response, but I didn't. I mean, I may be sad and feel like shit, but I have enough self-esteem left to not agree with ridiculous shit where its all my fault. Like what am I supposed to even say to that?
Good luck, dude, regardless of the outcome.

1. DELETE Facebook
  2. Hit the Gym
  3. Lawyer Up

1. DELETE Facebook
  2. Hit the Gym
  3. Lawyer Up
1474705692770.jpg

Mahonay

Banned
Broken Angry Grimace, we will be your Brother Neros.

Sounds super fucking shitty but best wishes dude.

I'll be pulling for you to power through and HULK UP. SINGLE-MANIA RUNNIN' WILD.

Angry Grimace

1. DELETE Facebook
  2. Hit the Gym
  3. Lawyer Up

The lawyer thing is gonna be awkward. I'm already a lawyer but she makes twice what I do. Not sure how that would even go.

gun_haver

I know nothing but it sounds like she might be having a bit of a panic about her own life/state of her life and is focusing on some superficially losery stuff about you as something to blame.

Maybe you can work it out and she'll calm down, or maybe you also do need to give yourself a kick up the ass - but then again, if you're happy with who you are, maybe that won't work either.

Best of luck whatever happens!

Top Bottom