• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nothing more satisfying than a Malenko "fuck your flippy bullshit" power bombs

tumblr_ola3qvSrOt1s05wxzo1_400.gif

I'm sorry but every Okada match has the identical finish.

Great match.

But every match is identical at this point

Also Shibata not putting Okada in the PK position towards the end made no sense.

Another #LolOkadaWins classic

Jamie OD

Shibata working on the arm until it made Okada's Rainmaker powerless is such a good example of how to sell a body part being hurt.

Jashobeam

Fale Okada fued? No one asked for this

Shibata had to go through NJC tourney to get a shot at Okada and all Fale has to do is jump him after a match and now hes #1 contender? Wtf is this shit

So yeah every Okada match these days is Okada gets his ass handed to him for 60 to 80%... hits a weak Rainmaker or two holds the wrist and hits the full one and has the energy (that he didn't 30 seconds earlier) to immediately make a cover with full pep in his step.

His matches are amazing but they never build to anything finish wise. Literally always the sane finish. This was identical to Okada vs Suzuki

Pikma

Banned
So yeah every Okada match these days is Okada gets his ass handed to him for 60 to 80%... hits a weak Rainmaker or two holds the wrist and hits the full one and has the energy (that he didn't 30 seconds earlier) to immediately make a cover with full pep in his step.

His matches are amazing but they never build to anything finish wise. Literally always the sane finish. This was identical to Okada vs Suzuki
"fighting spirit"

Shibata had to go through NJC tourney to get a shot at Okada and all Fale has to do is jump him after a match and now hes #1 contender? Wtf is this shit

No, that actually makes sense because Okada doesn't want to fight Shibata as he sees him as a turncoat, so Shibata's only way to get a title shot is via a tournament.

Got no problem with Fale challenging randomly - either you have challengers like him to fill the gaps, or the title doesn't go defended for months.

His matches are amazing but they never build to anything finish wise. Literally always the same finish. This was identical to Okada vs Suzuki

Because that's the story right now - Okada's finally claimed his place as the Ace of the company and has become very difficult to beat in the process, but there are cracks showing in his facade. Used to be his title matches would go 20-25 minutes, now his opponents are forcing him into much longer, more drawn-out affairs. He used to end his matches emphatically, tombstone, pose, rainmaker. Now he desperately strings together moves, fearful to let go of his opponent's wrist lest they make a comeback he doesn't have the strength left to fight. He's the picture of a champion on borrowed time, and the excitement's in seeing who'll be the one to dethrone him.

Foffy

Banned
Got no problem with Fale challenging randomly - either you have challengers like him to fill the gaps, or the title doesn't go defended for months.

Because that's the story right now - Okada's finally claimed his place as the Ace of the company and has become very difficult to beat in the process, but there are cracks showing in his facade. Used to be his title matches would go 20-25 minutes, now his opponents are forcing him into much longer, more drawn-out affairs. He used to end his matches emphatically, tombstone, pose, rainmaker. Now he desperately strings together moves, fearful to let go of his opponent's wrist lest they make a comeback he doesn't have the strength left to fight. He's the picture of a champion on borrowed time, and the excitement's in seeing who'll be the one to dethrone him.

So when does Kenny break him down?

tumblr_njsdd3NgXm1qzx229o3_500.gif

This lack of being able to do shit in the evening (like make lockpicks) in Persona 5, then getting railroaded into dungeons filled with locked chests is starting to shit me.

Slizz

So finally caught up with Raw and Smackdown yesterday.......... What NXT matches do I have to watch with Nakamura and what other matches do I have to YT of him? That entrance was so fucking epic, I had goosebumps and I've never seen this guy wrestle...... I knew he was hyped, but shit dude says nothing is already the most charismatic wrestler they got. I know he had an epic with AJ I'll look for that.

Menome

So finally caught up with Raw and Smackdown yesterday.......... What NXT matches do I have to watch with Nakamura and what other matches do I have to YT of him? That entrance was so fucking epic, I had goosebumps and I've never seen this guy wrestle...... I knew he was hyped, but shit dude says nothing is already the most charismatic wrestler they got. I know he had an epic with AJ I'll look for that.

Sami Zayn vs Nakamura at NXT Takeover last year. Probably still the best match he's had with WWE.

Fair. I get the story. It's a great story but I'd like to see some variance in the finish still. Maybe a quick pin reversal or something, a Bret/Diesel finish. Right now it's literally identical but you're right it is part of the story.

I love these matches though. It's why I can be so nit picky.

klonere

Banned
Fair. I get the story. It's a great story but I'd like to see some variance in the finish still. Maybe a quick pin reversal or something, a Bret/Diesel finish. Right now it's literally identical but you're right it is part of the story.

I'm sure it will, like Monsoon pointed out, there is no more tombstone > pose > rainmaker. It's whenever he can pull it out he does. What the next evolution of that will be, we'll see.

That was the match where it felt like Okada was closest to losing. Especially when Shibata just STAYED STANDING when he took the Rainmaker. So now there are three very believable, legit contenders to Okada. Naito, Shibata and Omega. It's only a matter of them getting their rematch and then, we'll see.

Recall

I love these matches though. It's why I can be so nit picky.

Quick pin/Small cradle is a move a champion doesn't do for victory unless it's your actual finish.

When Kobashi defeated Stan Hansen, the most protected legendary god still alive in AJPW at the time it was at the hands of an inside package. It's move that an underdog uses, not the main threat. Right?

Top Bottom