• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

I would say not as in depth due to length/subject, since TLF is 6 hours and covers the whole ppv while TLPOTL is an hour and a half and only really covers the stuff relevant to his career and the incident, plus there haven't been books written or a deep paper trail to cover like with Owen. Plus one of the hosts has absolutely no knowledge of wrestling.

Still, it's as in depth as it needs to be, and even covers some factoids I didn't know. It's also much more irreverent than TLF so yeah.

Well shit, this sold me.

Zach

Oh my god this Benoit podcast is hilarious

CAspqq1.gif

Hopefully, I don't want to see AJ getting slapped by Roman.
I like the other idea that was leaked earlier this week.

Club to sd. Not like Finn is ever going heel so send them over to sd. Could you imagine a feud of the club v the Wyatts? They're going to kill house show business too. Also your only heel would be The Miz because I can't believe Bray as a heel(surprise surprise).

Beefy

I like the other idea that was leaked earlier this week.

Club to sd. Not like Finn is ever going heel so send them over to sd. Could you imagine a feud of the club v the Wyatts? They're going to kill house show business too. Also your only heel would be The Miz because I can't believe Bray as a heel(surprise surprise).

Yeah I want that to happen.

Tagyhag

Yeah I want that to happen.

-It would help AJ keep his top player status and continue to feed him good writing and give him an extra stable to work with
-SD Tag Team division would get a badly needed new team
-Anderson and Gallows wouldn't be forgotten since the Hardys took their entire spotlight at RAW

So in short, it makes too much sense for it to happen.

Beefy

-It would help AJ keep his top player status and continue to feed him good writing and give him an extra stable to work with
-Anderson and Gallows wouldn't be forgotten since the Hardys took their entire spotlight at RAW

Or it will happen on Raw and they will be fed to Roman.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Wait holy shit

Owen died because Vince didn't want to pay a union worker to set up the harness & zipline and just hired some random fuck to do it.

WHAT THE FUCK

The podcast, but they haven't said where it's from

That's from Martha Hart's book. THAT whole situation is some insanity too.

They thought they were hiring the main guy who did Sting's harness stunts, when in reality he was like the fourth guy in line when it came to that.

Recall

I guess only British Monsoon knows but which of the New Japan Cup tournaments were considered excellent must see tournaments?

DMczaf

Everyone needs to listen to today's Observer radio

Dave's rant on JBL and bullying is heartfelt and full of real ass shooting

Don't fuck with Big Dave

I guess only British Monsoon knows but which of the New Japan Cup tournaments were considered excellent must see tournaments?

I dunno if any of the tournaments are really considered must see in their entirety - there's usually one or two great matches that stand the test of time from each year's cup. 2015 was a pretty good year, with Ibushi/Goto, Ibushi/Naito, Goto/Shibata. Also, the 2010 tournament had a fantastic Tanahashi vs Naito match.

Don't fuck with Big Dave

Damn, I need to get on and subscribe already. I saw his tweet earlier where he said over the next two weeks you'll see who the real wrestling reporters are. Good on him for his coverage of all of this.

tumblr_inline_mhcwnstm8w1qz4rgp.gif

Recall

I dunno if any of the tournaments are really considered must see in their entirety - there's usually one or two great matches that stand the test of time from each year's cup. 2015 was a pretty good year, with Ibushi/Goto, Ibushi/Naito, Goto/Shibata. Also, the 2010 tournament had a fantastic Tanahashi vs Naito match.

Thanks for the info.

I got gifted a 2013 New Japan Cup Blu Ray and looking at the brackets it doesn't look too hot, but I expect at least one or two great matches.

The last ones I remember seeing had Giant Bernard v Tanahashi as it's final match and the other I think had Makabe win but can't remember the year.

Don't fuck with Big Dave

Yeah, it was great:

"Another thing about John, John's a very gutless person, just so you know"
"talk big and then block everyone on twitter who stands up to them"
"I don't give a fuck about people coming after me on Twitter and everything, you wanna come after me? You're gonna look really stupid in most cases in the end, and several people found that out today and yesterday"
"I'm not here to pick fights with anybody, but I'm not going to back down from anybody"
"With Coachman obviously you got your choice between doing the right thing and kissing up to your friends...I don't expect anything different from him"

He was also contemptuous about how ESPN cover wwf.

DMczaf

Damn, I need to get on and subscribe already. I saw his tweet earlier where he said over the next two weeks you'll see who the real wrestling reporters are. Good on him for his coverage of all of this.

It's heartfelt because he feels guilty about not reporting it sooner, and relates it to being in school and seeing bullies and fights happen and not doing anything about it.

Real Ass Shooter Big Dave Meltzer

Zach

Yeah, it was great:

"Another thing about John, John's a very gutless person, just so you know"
"talk big and then block everyone on twitter who stands up to them"
"I don't give a fuck about people coming after me on Twitter and everything, you wanna come after me? You're gonna look really stupid in most cases in the end, and several people found that out today and yesterday"
"I'm not here to pick fights with anybody, but I'm not going to back down from anybody"
"With Coachman obviously you got your choice between doing the right thing and kissing up to your friends...I don't expect anything different from him"

He was also contemptuous about how ESPN cover wwf.

It's heartfelt because he feels guilty about not reporting it sooner, and relates it to being in school and seeing bullies and fights happen and not doing anything about it.

Real Ass Shooter Big Dave Meltzer

Well, I guess I like this dude. Again, the wrassle community seems lucky to have the guy.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Don't fuck with Big Dave

A real man would solve his problems in the middle of the squared circle during a fake ass fight.

This brand shakeup sounds dumb. Stacking the biggest talents on Raw isn't going to do the show any good.

A roster with Seth, Roman, AJ, Finn...just why.

And running with Orton as top face when he should be top heel. Dude is a bore.

Also, the entire heel roster seems underwhelming compared to all those faces

Top Bottom