• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Zach

So finally caught up with Raw and Smackdown yesterday.......... What NXT matches do I have to watch with Nakamura and what other matches do I have to YT of him? That entrance was so fucking epic, I had goosebumps and I've never seen this guy wrestle...... I knew he was hyped, but shit dude says nothing is already the most charismatic wrestler they got. I know he had an epic with AJ I'll look for that.

Sami Zayn vs Nakamura at NXT Takeover last year. Probably still the best match he's had with WWE.
^

Some say that match was so good because I was in the arena that fateful night.

Clegg

So just that 1 match with Zayn in NXT nothing else?
His matches against Bobby Roode were extremely good as well.

If you're looking at his New Japan work then watch has matches against Kota Ibushi and AJ Styles at Wrestle Kingdom 9 & 10.

Quick pin/Small cradle is a move a champion doesn't do for victory unless it's your actual finish.

When Kobashi defeated Stan Hansen, the most protected legendary god still alive in AJPW at the time it was at the hands of an inside package. It's move that an underdog uses, not the main threat. Right?

But if you're telling the story of a champion holding on by the skin of his teeth, he is the underdog.

Again. I'm just being picky because I can. It was still a 4.5-4.75 * match.

Started watching Scrubs, good shit

gif-moment-scrubs-sex-391134.gif

RBH

Started watching Scrubs, good shit
Scrubs is a great show not only because it's consistently funny, but the show is also quite realistic in regards to the medical stuff and themes that they portray on the show in terms of how prevalent that stuff actually is in the hospital.

The_Shepherd

Neo Member
I've been watching some more LU. Since Aztec Warfare just about everything has gone up in quality. Almost every match has been enjoyable to watch and the back stage segments have continued to be great. I've really only ever watched WWE so the wresting and the presentation here have been really refreshing.

Right now where I'm at:
Konnan threw in the towel in Puma's match against Cage and King Cuerno and Johnny Mundo had their first match. Both of the matches were great though the finishes were disappointing. The fight between Johhny and Cuerno after the match was actually pretty good too! I see on the thumbnail that the next episode has Mil Muertes against Fenix. I'm curious when that story line goes I hope Mil Muertes finally just goes berserk and destroys someone. In the back stage segments he comes across as someone who could easily injury or kill you and even enjoy it but I haven't really gotten that from his in-ring work. I'd like to see him become essentially what Pentagon is now.

deli2000

wXw announced he's leaving them to start a career overseas. Last person to do that just debuted at Takeover.

Why does WWE want all these people anyway? Dieter is great but NXT has a ton of indie talent already, it seems like a wasted signing. Damn shame, I was really starting to enjoy RIngKampf's run in Progress.

deli2000

Umm NXT is desperate for talent right now.

They've just signed Galloway. They're probably going to end signing Cole and O'Reily, they've got Roode, Ohno, Strong, Itami, Black, Almas, all of Sanity, all the UK talent they've been showcasing, and a shit ton of women signings as well. And that's just the indie talent, not even factoring home grown folks like No Way Jose.

NXT only has one hour of time a week and one big event every two months or so, yet instead of focusing on good writing they overstuff themselves with wrestlers with no real reason than to harm the indie scene from what I can see.

They've just signed Galloway. They're probably going to end signing Cole and O'Reily, they've got Roode, Ohno, Strong, Itami, Black, Almas, all of Sanity, all the UK talent they've been showcasing, and a shit ton of women signings as well. And that's just the indie talent, not even factoring home grown folks like No Way Jose.

NXT only has one hour of time a week and one big event every two weeks or so, yet instead of focusing on good writing they overstuff themselves with wrestlers with no real reason than to harm the indie scene from what I can see.

Almas is likely moving up soon. They lost Nak, Revival, Dillinger.

There's definitely room.

Yup. I think they did a good job covering it.

But man, if you aren't into their style of comedy, oh boy, can it be uncomfortable.

I thought they did well too. And agreed yeah, definitely not for the faint of heart.

What's it about? His career or the situation?

Touches on his career, the murder/suicide and some of the conspiracies surrounding it. LPOTL have a "you are going to hell for laughing at us" type thing going on so keep that in mind.

I thought they did well too. And agreed yeah, definitely not for the faint of heart.

Touches on his career, the murder/suicide and some of the conspiracies surrounding it. LPOTL have a "you are going to hell for laughing at us" type thing going on so keep that in mind.
Hmm, I may have to give it a spin.

The idea of
Chris Benoit's bones pinning Goldberg for the title and then facing Owen Hart's bones
really shouldn't have made me laugh.

How is this compared to The Lapsed Fan episode covering Over the Edge 99?

How is this compared to The Lapsed Fan episode covering Over the Edge 99?

I would say not as in depth due to length/subject, since TLF is 6 hours and covers the whole ppv while TLPOTL is an hour and a half and only really covers the stuff relevant to his career and the incident, plus there haven't been books written or a deep paper trail to cover like with Owen. Plus one of the hosts has absolutely no knowledge of wrestling.

Still, it's as in depth as it needs to be, and even covers some factoids I didn't know. It's also much more irreverent than TLF so yeah.

Top Bottom