• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I said that specifically for the wade barret gifs marks!

that moment when wrestlegaf fails you at memes... feels bad man :(

Also LOL at Fale v Okada

klonere

Banned
Imagine if there is a fire.

From the little I have seen of him, he looks like shit, is this true?

He works fine in very short bursts and Okada has this really weird chemistry with him.

But yeah, he's not the most exciting member of the roster that's for sure.

Cagey

Banned
This brand shakeup sounds dumb. Stacking the biggest talents on Raw isn't going to do the show any good.

A roster with Seth, Roman, AJ, Finn...just why.

And running with Orton as top face when he should be top heel. Dude is a bore.

Also, the entire heel roster seems underwhelming compared to all those faces
Orton shouldn't be top anything. Bray and him had near top billing for months and both showed they're thoroughly uninspiring talents.

One could argue Bray pulled Orton down based on respective track records -- every Bray feud has sucked and all of the big Bray matches have been boring as shit, whereas Orton has done Some Things in his career -- but Orton hasn't been entertaining in years. Literal years.

Hex

Banned
Looking forward to catching the NJPW show when I get home tonight from work.
Avoided most of the spoilers but not that big a deal.
Man, poor Kushida. Alex Shelley getting back with Sabin was the worst thing that could have happened to him.
He has great wins and great talent, he just seems to be drifting out there though.

Tagyhag

Orton shouldn't be top anything. Bray and him had near top billing for months and both showed they're thoroughly uninspiring talents.

One could argue Bray pulled Orton down based on respective track records -- every Bray feud has sucked and all of the big Bray matches have been boring as shit, whereas Orton has done Some Things in his career -- but Orton hasn't been entertaining in years. Literal years.

Nah Bray can work with the right person. He did fine in the EC match.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
yall are all too eager to jump on my boy jinder mahal for things he may or may not be taking

but act completely ignorant of a jacked 57 year old wrestling journalist

Beefy

Bray is only boring because he always loses.

yall are all too eager to jump on my boy jinder mahal for things he may or may not be taking

but act completely ignorant of a jacked 57 year old wrestling journalist

Pretty obvious Dave likes roids.

Cagey

Banned
I'm pretty much the opposite of Mr. Workrate. Bray as a wrassler is still boring to me.

If he won at WM against Cena Taker or Orton, the matches were still bad. He's a common thread there.

Heroman

Banned
Shibata vs Okada
9SmEiqm.jpg

Wagram

I don't see Sasha headed to Smackdown regardless of the rumors from Meltz. They've been teasing that story with Bayley for months now and it's clear they had big plans for it. Charlotte is most likely headed to Smackdown. They want her on top and over there she can reign while not impeding on their plans for the Bayley and Sasha feud. They know there is a fatigue between Bayley and Sasha v. Charlotte so it'll be perfect to mix in new blood.

Beefy

I'm pretty much the opposite of Mr. Workrate. Bray as a wrassler is still boring to me.

If he won at WM against Cena Taker or Orton, the matches were still bad. He's a common thread there.

I like Bray, but the feuds he is gets into bore me. Not because Bray is a boring character but because he is always setup to fail. Look at his story with Orton. The story was good until they did the whole Orton steals the crufix and stabs the remains with it crap.

What if Sasha and Bayley go to Smackdown, Naomi is dropped into the pit of raw for a trial by fire.

Champs aren't moving.

You're both wrong, Dave's powered by Raw. He works out while watching it, and now that it's three thousand hours of nothing each week he's got arms the size of a tree

I need to start watching Raw when I gym then. Then I can put the bulk on that Dave has.

Makes sense. Tease a Sasha heel turn on Bayley and have no payoff from it.

Sounds like the WWE in 2017.
They want to ruin that storyline. Whatever finish we're getting with Dean and Corbin. KO Jericho. Etc. I don't care for Charlotte but send her to sd and leave sasha to be her real character. I don't care about a shield reunion or have them all on the same show, leave Dean on SD. And definitely stop trying to stack Raw, it's not going to make it any better.

Hex

Banned

Nah, with Bray you have pretty much seen how far he can go and what he can do.
He should have been built differently from the beginning and then there could be potential.
That whole horse shit they pulled at Mania and Smackdown after just buried him in my eyes, it was too full on carny.
Bring in Bo as a comic relief Wyatt, and let them do their thing with Bray now and then getting belts due to the family.
Bring back factions.
Club, New Day, Wyatts, Shield..I am sure they can come up with more.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
okada has no personality in ring. he dresses flashy out to the ring and at conventions but as soon as he goes overly long match mode it becomes obvious how boring and technically safe he is to watch i nring. like if you only saw okada through matches and not promo videos or photoshoots, i bet youd have no idea what his gimmick is

also prety sure they're dating at this point
tumblr_oo0bznQxig1rlaj4no2_1280.jpg

In my fever induced inability to sleep the other night I was rewatching WM30, Bray vs Cena was a lot more fun than I remembered, a reminder that Bray could still be.... something.

As an aside, the original Andre Battle Royale actually had a number of solid participants, it wasn't nearly as jobberiffic as it is now.

Beefy

Nah, with Bray you have pretty much seen how far he can go and what he can do.
He should have been built differently from the beginning and then there could be potential.
That whole horse shit they pulled at Mania and Smackdown after just buried him in my eyes, it was too full on carny.
Bring in Bo as a comic relief Wyatt, and let them do their thing with Bray now and then getting belts due to the family.
Bring back factions.
Club, New Day, Wyatts, Shield..I am sure they can come up with more.

I don't just mean matches, I mean story lines as well. He can never get over any one, every one ends up slapping him down. The Orton storyline was just fucking stupid, whatever Bray did Orton had a answer.

I don't just mean matches, I mean story lines as well. He can never get over any one, every one ends up slapping him down. The Orton storyline was just fucking stupid, whatever Bray did Orton had a answer.

There was that time where Bray stole the Undertaker's powers, and Taker just no sold that shit, it was equally hilarious and terrible.

Bray should just change his gimmick to be a magician, it'd be a lot more believable.

I remember thinking after the whole Ashes of Abigail (boy that sounds like some Dark Souls DLC) bit that the angle was gonna be that Orton had unintentionally awakened an even more powerful supernatural nonsense Wyatt.
But nope, he had his Orton brand crucifix at the ready next week like it's the Castlevania series vampire killer.

Barrage

Okada is having the hottest first three months of a year I can remember in forever (and I say this thinking that both Okada-Omega and Okada-Suzuki are overrated).

Tagyhag

I remember thinking after the whole Ashes of Abigail (boy that sounds like some Dark Souls DLC) bit that the angle was gonna be that Orton had unintentionally awakened an even more powerful supernatural nonsense Wyatt.
But nope, he had his Orton brand crucifix at the ready next week like it's the Castlevania series vampire killer.

I bet that Chamber of Horrors match is just going to be a steel cage with Halloween decorations around it.

Beefy

Yep that killed the feud for me.

I bet that Chamber of Horrors match is just going to be a steel cage with Halloween decorations around it.

I think it will be a even shitter Broken Hardyz house match.

Menome

An entire rickety wooden house is going to be placed on top of the ring and all the action will take place through CCTV feeds from each room.

klonere

Banned
Bray feels like he's had one person and one person only handling his whole run because all his feuds are exactly the fucking same and really bad.

The Orton one had potential and they clearly put some work into it but my god fuck up the landing hard.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bray feels like he's had one person and one person only handling his whole run because all his feuds are exactly the fucking same and really bad.

The Orton one had potential and they clearly put some work into it but my god fuck up the landing hard.

It's not over yet!

(The mania match needed more insanity)

Do you think Bray regrets/hates his gimmick. It's pretty awful and is just an entrance at this point

Nah, it's still got more going for it at a base level than most of the roster and arguably the reason he's still relevant after losing every feud.
Plus before he was some tubby dude called Husky Harris so yeah.

For a long time, Vince thought Bray was a strong enough character, that he could lose without damaging the character. I wonder if he still thinks that.

Top Bottom