• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

JBL is a psychopath

Alright then," Bradshaw said. "I'm going to give you boys a little assignment. I want you to buy two six-packs of beer. On the drive home, I want you to drink them and throw the bottles at road signs."

"Okay," I said, even though I was pretty sure we weren't going to do it. The next day we were in Charlotte. Bradshaw pulled me aside and said, "Hizardy, your mission was fairly simple. Were you successful?"

"What's that?"

"Did you get the beers and throw them at road signs?"

"No, man, we didn't. We don't drink."

All we had to do was lie.

We should have lied. It would have been a lot easier. Bradshaw was pissed off in the worst way. For the next few weeks, we'd say hello to him and he'd just say "Go to hell."

We'd go to shake his hand and he would look at us, not extending his hand. "Go to hell." .....

Our match was next,so we went to the ring and wrestled, and when we came back, our bags had disappeared. Our clothes, our money, our credit cards, everything. The room was completely empty. Then Bradshaw came walking in and said, "What's wrong, guys?"

And page 91-

"Hizardys, I got a little something for you to do. "You guys know the Monkey Boy, right?" .....

Bradshaw came over to us and gave me a box of toothpicks. "Let's just suppose you happened to take some of those toothpicks out of the box and let's just suppose maybe you went over to the Monkey Boy's rental car," he said. "Then let's suppose you happened to take those toothpicks and stuck them in the keyholes and they just happened to break off. He would probably have a pretty hard time getting in to his car, don't you think?"

Recall

The NJPW jr heavy multi team tag matches filled with the ROH/Indy guys are the fucking worst.

It's just the most pointless shit possible with no direction, heat or structure. It's flips and stuff for the sake of it. The tags mean nothing and it's just a giant cluster fuck. Who actually enjoys this?

Why can't it just be a regular normal tag match, why the 4 way, 6 way etc bullshit? It's such a waste.

Heroman

Banned
The NJPW jr heavy multi team tag matches filled with the ROH/Indy guys are the fucking worst.

It's just the most pointless shit possible with no direction, heat or structure. It's flips and stuff for the sake of it. The tags mean nothing and it's just a giant cluster fuck. Who actually enjoys this?

Why can't it just be a regular normal tag match, why the 4 way, 6 way etc bullshit? It's such a waste.
Cause they're awesome

Gonna guess Ranallo will be officially released next week but will have signed some non disparage agreement against the company in exchange for getting paid for the rest of his contract up front and being free to go anywhere he wants right away.

At this stage I think WWE will do its best to bury the story and stopping Ranallo from going on a TV show and talking about it the second his contract is up is probably top of the lost.

klonere

Banned

Man those are some of my favorite matches to watch. Dragon Gate 6 mans or 10 mans are incredible, although they'll generally have some form of story built in but more so from character work rather than working a limb or whatever.

The NJPW multimans can often be great, sometimes just a pointless slog if it's a super random Road To show. The CHAOS/LIJ series from last year was consistent fun on each show. The match type is a proven draw as well, Kenny and The Bucks have sold out every show they are appearing on with them in 6 man flippy do fests.

Heroman

Banned
Oh no

They forgot to tell shibata that wrestling is fucking fake

HE THINKS IT'S A SHOOT
PettyPortlyGoshawk-size_restricted.gif

Recall

Man those are some of my favorite matches to watch. Dragon Gate 6 mans or 10 mans are incredible, although they'll generally have some form of story built in but more so from character work rather than working a limb or whatever.

The NJPW multimans can often be great, sometimes just a pointless slog if it's a super random Road To show. The CHAOS/LIJ series from last year was consistent fun on each show. The match type is a proven draw as well, Kenny and The Bucks have sold out every show they are appearing on with them in 6 man flippy do fests.

Dragon Gate follow the Michinoku Pro formula of actually building near falls, these I'm watching here are just a chance to dive to the outside and do super kicks. Sure every so often it can be fun but they are usually completely forgettable.

Heroman

Banned
The story of SG main event is that rain maker isn't working like use to, over course of a year it has gotten weaker and weaker causing okada to use more and this was the breaking point. What subtle and tremendous storytelling

Hex

Banned

They are spot fests for the crowd, they are there so people can see their favorites with some big storyline (although many are in storyline).
It also gives guys more downtime.

Hex

Banned
God I love Goto.
Him working a program with Suzuki will be amazing.
The way Sabre sells his finisher makes it look like the most brutal thing in the world.

Edit: HOLY SHIT A Ricochet v Takahashi program tease?? (And yeah whoever said that Kushida got wrecked was not kidding)

Zach

Gonna guess Ranallo will be officially released next week but will have signed some non disparage agreement against the company in exchange for getting paid for the rest of his contract up front and being free to go anywhere he wants right away.

At this stage I think WWE will do its best to bury the story and stopping Ranallo from going on a TV show and talking about it the second his contract is up is probably top of the lost.

Hopefully Mauro doesn't allow this to happen. The best thing he can do as a mental health advocate is be open and honest about what happened, even if he has to wait until his contract is up to do it. I'm not sure what he can and can't do right now, legally, but I hope he does what's best for the decent people left in the company. Speak out so that it stops.

That's a lot to put on a guy, I know, but hopefully others would follow suit if he had it in him to go public.

I remember thinking after the whole Ashes of Abigail (boy that sounds like some Dark Souls DLC) bit that the angle was gonna be that Orton had unintentionally awakened an even more powerful supernatural nonsense Wyatt.
But nope, he had his Orton brand crucifix at the ready next week like it's the Castlevania series vampire killer.

Wasn't even Orton brand, it was the same one Bray used the week before when he and his 1000 sheep attacked Orton. Meaning Wyatt literally just left the crucifix with him. Also that segment had zero impact on the Mania match lol

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
also shibata's never going to win the title i dont know if you guys have accepted that or not by this point but its pretty obvious theyre never going to give it to him

theyd give it to cody before him

somedevil

Was this posted about Shibata after the match:

Weekly Pro on Shibata: "While crashing down on his knees many times on the way, he left [the arena] dizzy on his own.

Shibata collapsed backstage and couldn't move, so an emergency transportation was done."

Hopefully he was just dehydrated but his style is really screw him up when he is older.

DMczaf

Bless Meltzer for having the balls to report on these issues the way he has been.

The toxic culture at WWE has to change.

I felt bad for him when he was talking about how he held his tongue for so long. You can tell it ate him up inside knowing how it effected Mauro.

somedevil

Cornette making excuses for JBL:

https://youtu.be/m3TT2WeiaNE

Not surprising

Its the old guard hanging on something that is extremely outdated and should not happen anymore. From Sean ross Sapp on the situation:

Also, the atmosphere that you hear about JBL ruling hasn't been the case for a long time. A little bit, sure, but not to the old degree

That being said, it still exists, and always will. But it's not one of those "CAN'T ELIMINATE IT SO BETTER NOT EVEN TRY" things

And for you "suck it up" folks I'd love to see you sign up for ass soapings, literal shit sandwiches, broken toothpicks in your locks

Top Bottom