• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There's a 100% chance Punk returns. It's just a matter of when.

I think he's gonna try and win a fight before he does it though.

Skatterd

1-10 on your current WrestleMania excitement level?

I'm up to about a 3.

Backstage%2BTalk.gif

da4ff1c1be86ea2d89b7a98351a59bafdbc9d7c8_hq.gif

giphy-1.gif

From what I've gathered it's always been HHH and Punk where the tension is and not with Vince and Punk.

It's why I think Punk probably won't be showing up anytime soon. HHH since he left has taken a larger stance on creative control in the company. Not to mention he and Stephanie will eventually be running things.

Beefy

She tries to me this spooky character, then busts out model poses and smiles.
She has no idea what she is trying to do or wants to do.
Supposedly the gimmick is supposed to be because she is a big RPG and fantasy fan but again it seems she is not decided.

Yeah, it was the first time I saw her. Her gimmick looks good, she needs to shut up and stop with the weird posing. She isn't good on the mic at all.

This new era of WrassleGAF isn't very fun and playful.

Didn't know you were joking man.

I'm up to about a 3.

Ithil

She tries to me this spooky character, then busts out model poses and smiles.
She has no idea what she is trying to do or wants to do.
Supposedly the gimmick is supposed to be because she is a big RPG and fantasy fan but again it seems she is not decided.

Tommy End has clearly committed to his spooky gimmick (I'm not certain much of it is a gimmick, mind), that's where she and management faltered. It's like they got the look and theme song and all that then just gave up on completing the gimmick.

I know, it's hard to believe but it's true. Dan usually doesn't say bullshit. But even for him, his hair grew like a motherfucker within a year. There may not be any extensions now but last year he was using them.

I do too.
Who is this Dan you speak of. Does his uncle work at Nintendo?

Even if it's a bad show it will be fun because Mania is always fun

Like I had a good time last year despite after every match going "wait, so is this just all bad outcomes tonight?"

The fans can be stupid but like hearing them shit on the product on such a colossal scale is worth tuning in for if it goes south

Idk there's gonna be food and drinks

Beefy

Even if it's a bad show it will be fun because Mania is always fun

Like I had a good time last year despite after every match going "wait, so is this just all bad outcomes tonight?"

The fans can be stupid but like hearing them shit on the product on such a colossal scale is worth tuning in for if it goes south

Idk there's gonna be food and drinks

As I said the other day, only Mania shit I want to avoid is "Mr Worldwide".

I can't wait for the Hardys to show up exactly how they left WWE and just do a nostalgia act run while incorporating nothing of their current gimmick.

I'm up to about a 3.

8. Really it's like a 6, but that Roman vs Taker match is going to be magical. I just love the nonsense surrounding Mania, the entrances, the video packages. As far as in-ring stuff goes, I'm not expecting much to be honest.

Also the return of that racist fuck Hulk Hogan and him yukking it up with the New Day is going to be something.

ElRenoRaven

Bah I think everyone is wrong. Taker and Reigns will be off the chart in the ring. I think it's going to be a 7 star match. Yes Meltzer will give it 7 stars. Then when Roman wins the cheers will be deafening. You will be able to hear the cheering in California. That is how loud it will be.

Now that said the ACW was alright. Typical ACW. If you caught it live it was a decent watch. I wouldn't go out of my way to catch the replay though.

GunBR

I just hope that they don't mute the crowd and let we see and hear the reaction when Taker loses to Roman and then raise his hand

The WWN one, sounds like there was a lot of scrambling. Both are on my to watch list regardless.

The Progress vs. Evolve matches were good except for Havoc vs. Page. Zacky 3 Belts vs. Haskins was a treat.

Also, Pitbull's music is shit, but he seems like a cool dude who's loving life like he's Michelle McCool, so I can't hate on him.

Top Bottom