• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

This will be the first Wrestlemania since his debut that Kane will miss and not be wrestling at.

7037-Raw-autoplay_gif-crying-gif-vince_mcmahon-wwe.gif

Hex

Banned
Only really good match was the triple threat tag. Everything else was ehhhhh at best.

Triple threat was gold, Ember vs Asuka stands tall if for nothing than good storytelling and the right finish.
Was a little let down by Nakamura v Roode, I just do not think they click well.

Triple threat was gold, Ember vs Asuka stands tall if for nothing than good storytelling and the right finish.
Which is weird since I remember really enjoying their last match.

Syder

Thought it was a good show but best show nxt has done? NAW.
I said one of their best though.

Considering how meh things were during the Balor run in NXT, I'm happy about how TakeOver's are actually good again because the weekly product is just unwatchable to me now.

Heroman

Banned
I said one of their best though.

Considering how meh things were during the Balor run in NXT, I'm happy about how TakeOver's are actually good again because the weekly product is just unwatchable to me now.
I put this one in the middle of the road and Takeover has always been good.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuck JBL. Any other company and that fucker would be long gone.

It is a shame wrestling is so niche and they can keep getting away with all of this awful shit.
If even one mainstream media outlet picked up on it JBL would get canned.

Or that it just sucked. It was boring and lame. Savage/Steamboat wasn't boring or lame.

Maybe in the past two years but that's not a super high bar.

Dude some reviewers were giving it *, and calling it an embarrassment, your comment triggered the thought but I'd have quoted you if I meant you specifically.

From the leather man :

JBL has wanted to leave in the past and they've talked him back into staying.

I don't see them firing him over harassing an announcer that Vince doesn't like to begin with.

He said that Hunter is the one who wanted Mauro

Roode/Nak was Suzuki/Okada done right... in that targeting the body part factored in and the injury factored in and the result being the non injured guy won.

Now it wasn't as good as Suzuki/Okada but to me it was actually more satisfying because it felt like everything that came before it mattered.

Heroman

Banned
Roode/Nak was Suzuki/Okada done right... in that targeting the body part factored in and the injury factored in and the result being the non injured guy won.

Now it wasn't as good as Suzuki/Okada but to me it was actually more satisfying because it felt like everything that came before it mattered.
What? The knee played a huge part in the Suzuki vs Okada match. And there been 1000 of pro wrestling matches where the injured guy win because he overcome the odds. There is no okada vs Suzuki done right cause at day it was done right.

Foggy

Catching up on impressions from last night. People REALLY liked that tag match, huh. People react in the darndest ways when tag team-specific storytelling percolates to the top. Go figure.

Tall4Life

What? The knee played a huge part in the Suzuki vs Okada match. And there been 1000 of pro wrestling matches where the injured guy win because he overcome the odds. There is no okada vs Suzuki done right cause at day it was done right.

Is that why Okada didn't sell the knee at all in the latter half of the match?

What? The knee played a huge part in the Suzuki vs Okada match. And there been 1000 of pro wrestling matches where the injured guy win because he overcome the odds

Kayfabe Okada shouldn't have been even able to walk after 35+ minutes of Suzuki working his leg let alone deadlift German Suplex Suzuki.

And it never really did, Okada constantly used that knee, without a problem throughout the match, he sold great when he was on defense but on offense that went out the window. And it factored literally zero into the end beyond Okada had to deliver more than one Rainmaker.

It was a unique match but the ending to that match should have been Okada losing based on how it was laid out.

It was a great match but that shit was overkill on that fighting spirit/overcoming the odds booking...

Well fuck me

Basically, they wanted to do Chyna, but they were afraid of the blow back given everything that happened this year with her death, etc. She was going to be the last person announced the week before WM in order to avoid this. Those plans got scrapped and Beth was chosen instead.

Also

The original plan for the Rumble was Dana interfering costing Charlotte the belt. Bayley was then to give it up on Raw saying she didn't want to win the belt like that.

They changed that in part due to the PPV streak, but as you saw over the last 2 weeks, they reworked it.

If Naomi wasn't hurt, Bayley probably would have given the belt back.

We don't want to seem like we're only inducting her because she's dead

Because after all, we're only inducting her because she's dead

So we aren't doing it this year solely for ourselves

Idiots

Yeah, I can buy that about Chyna. WWE don't want it come off like they're inducting her only because she's dead.

She's very likely gonna be in it next year.

Edit: And on the Bayley thing, huh. I wonder why Naomi's injury made them change all of that?
Because they wouldn't have believed Naomi's injury.

Heroman

Banned
Kayfabe Okada shouldn't have been even able to walk after 35+ minutes of Suzuki working his leg let alone deadlife German suplex Suzuki.

And it never really did, Okada constantly used that knee, without a problem throughout the match, he sold great when he was on defense but on offense that went out the window.

It was a great match but that shit was borderline overkill on that fighting spirit/overcoming the odds booking...
Kayfabe? Who cares about kayfabe okada did enough selling to make everyone believe he was fucked but overcame the odd ,he did his job perfectly. And does like half the stuff he usually does in that match

There has been tons of great matches especially with Suzuki where the same thing happens hel in Suzuki vs tana Suzuki leg was destroyed but sold the same way Okada did and it is considered one best matches of this decade.

Cagey

Banned
Roode v Nakamura makes me think that 75% of the reason they're so damn over with the smart mark crowd at NXT Takeover events is their respective maj theme songs.

And that says nothing about the performers and everything about the crowd: when it gets to real good wrasslin that isn't alternating no sold power moves, the crowd got bored. For shame.

But hey, they did come alive now and then for a dueling chant or a Nakamura instrumental singalong 😕😕

Kayfabe? Who cares about kayfabe okada did enough selling to make everyone believe he was fucked but overcame the odd ,he did his job perfectly. And does like half the stuff he usually does in that match

There has been tons of great matches especially with Suzuki where the same thing happens hel in Suzuki vs tana Suzuki leg was destroyed but sold the same way Okada did and it is considered one best matches of this decade.

The knee work in the end resulted in absolutely nothing... I've already said it was a great match so please don't take this as me shitting on it... but Suzuki could have just hit him with 50 000 Gotch piledrivers and the end result would have been the same... Okada hits the Rainmaker and wins... Nothing in the match really connected the knee work to the finish, it was just a means to put Okada in peril worked great but I love that the knee work from Roode really did factor into the finish...

Top Bottom