• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
AJ stays on SD with Nak?

With our luck they never do that feud for whatever random reason.

Anth0ny

AJ stays on SD with Nak?

With our luck they never do that feud for whatever random reason.

Friend, with our luck, they do it so many times it becomes KO vs Zayn.

A great match that we actively don't want to see anymore because they beat it the fuck to death.

Are there any good wrestling news podcasts that aren't LAW? I've been looking to drop it for a while but after Agnew dropped that "new snowflake world" line during the discussion about JBL I really can't be bothered listening to anything with him.

Anth0ny

c9gokeywaae16gjobuck.jpg

this will get some use

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so

Roman v Braun
Hardyz v Cesaro/Shaemus
Seth v Joe
Bayley v not Sasha

seem like a lock for payback. I dont see how any of the "shake up" guys fit into it (granted theres still 2 weeks). Miz v Sami? Ambrose v KO title v title?

Raw was a gigantic mess. The "Superstar Shakeup" needs a lot of work if they decide to go this route again. A little background behind these moves would work wonders.

Unfortunately, Miz is fucked being on Raw

The Braun beatdown of Reigns was legit one of my favorite segments of Raw ever. The crowd chanting "You deserve it" while Braun is destroying Reigns is all the more proof that Reigns has surpassed X-Pac heat with a sizabe portion of the audience.

Jinder should be on the verge of being fired at this point. Can't take tonight's incident as an accident after Balor already got all marked-up from a fucking house show. Jinder brings nothing, and his presence is a joke to the Wellness Policy.

Nia Jax continues to have no business being on the main roster. Putting her in a singles match with Charlotte exposed the shit out of her even more

#FuckJBL

so

Roman v Braun
Hardyz v Cesaro/Shaemus
Seth v Joe
Bayley v not Sasha

seem like a lock for payback. I dont see how any of the "shake up" guys fit into it (granted theres still 2 weeks). Miz v Sami? Ambrose v KO title v title?

Wyatt vs Orton is on Payback too... for some reason

And they've announced Owens vs Jericho II at Payback two straight weeks so that's also likely happening

Rhaknar

Wyatt vs Orton is on Payback too... for some reason

And they've announced Owens vs Jericho II at Payback two straight weeks so that's also likely happening

wait Orton what?

also what happened with Jinder?

ReiGun

Are there any good wrestling news podcasts that aren't LAW? I've been looking to drop it for a while but after Agnew dropped that "new snowflake world" line during the discussion about JBL I really can't be bothered listening to anything with him.

I really like Going in Raw. The hosts can be a little immature at times, but for the most part, it's a good listen.

Miz went to Raw? After his great work getting the mainstream media feud with Total Cena over? Whoa didn't expect that.

His reward for getting that feud over will be jobbing to Seth/Dean/Roman/Balor and having go nowhere feuds with the likes of Apollo Crews and Curtis Axel.

Quiet on the set. :'(

Rhaknar

Wyatt challenged Orton last week on SD to that House of Horrors match for the WWE title and then in his I'm on Raw now appearance said that match said it'll be a Payback

I just read the taunted Balor too so that should eb the feud naturally no? the fuck re they doing? Bray v Balor would at least be fresh, if not another job for Bray of course lol.

damn, is Balor legit out there? He sure looks like it.

I just read the taunted Balor too so that should eb the feud naturally no? the fuck re they doing? Bray v Balor would at least be fresh, if not another job for Bray of course lol.

damn, is Balor legit out there? He sure looks like it.

I mean the plan is probably one of two things.

Wyatt wins the WWE title back and feuds with Balor over it...

Wyatt loses to Orton wrapping up that story and feuds with Balor.

I don't care at all for Balor/Wyatt because it'll just be Wyatt losing and losing. They finally built this guy strong and in 2 months he's a fucking loser again. Shame

https://www.njpw1972.com/tornament/4191?showCards=1

Card for DONTAKU 2017

We're getting Omega vs Ishii II

Main Event is of course Fale vs Okada

And good news Yoshitatsu is back!!!

Also a giant Suzuki-gun vs Chaos Tag match... sadly no ZSJ or Davey Boy Smith Jr in it.

Surprising that they're still holding off on Natio vs Robinson for the IWGP Intercontinental title. Probably that'll be at Dominion or if Juice is winning maybe at one of the G1 California Specials.

kirblar

Raw was a gigantic mess. The "Superstar Shakeup" needs a lot of work if they decide to go this route again. A little background behind these moves would work wonders.

Unfortunately, Miz is fucked being on Raw

The Braun beatdown of Reigns was legit one of my favorite segments of Raw ever. The crowd chanting "You deserve it" while Braun is destroying Reigns is all the more proof that Reigns has surpassed X-Pac heat with a sizabe portion of the audience.

Jinder should be on the verge of being fired at this point. Can't take tonight's incident as an accident after Balor already got all marked-up from a fucking house show. Jinder brings nothing, and his presence is a joke to the Wellness Policy.

Nia Jax continues to have no business being on the main roster. Putting her in a singles match with Charlotte exposed the shit out of her even more

#FuckJBL
Nia clearly is carrying too much weight relative to how much muscle she has. Its not about her appearance, its about how she moves, and she always looks like shes in slow motion. I hope this is a wakeup call to everyone there that shes not ready and could use some time off camera to rework things.

Wyatt/Orton is to make sure a title match os on the PPV w Brock being a part timer.

Forkball

So this whole superstar shake up is essentially a draft, yes? I can't see them having an actual draft later on considering how many people moved. And we're not even done.

And Strowman is the face of faces.

Pikma

Banned
https://www.njpw1972.com/tornament/4191?showCards=1

Card for DONTAKU 2017

We're getting Omega vs Ishii II

Main Event is of course Fale vs Okada

And good news Yoshitatsu is back!!!

Also a giant Suzuki-gun vs Chaos Tag match... sadly no ZSJ or Davey Boy Smith Jr in it.

Surprising that they're still holding off on Natio vs Robinson for the IWGP Intercontinental title. Probably that'll be at Dominion or if Juice is winning maybe at one of the G1 California Specials.
Kenny Omega in a singles match? 😮😮😮😮😮😮😮

Oh I lied we're getting Naito vs Robinson for the title in the main event on April 29th's WRESTLING TOYO PROVINCE 2017 and holy shit what a card in terms of headliners

On top of Naito vs Juice, we also get EVIL vs Tanahashi II and Ricochet vs Takahashi for the IWGP Jr title.

So two great shows basically a week apart.

https://www.njpw1972.com/tornament/4173?showCards=1

And if you're a Young Lions fan like I am the show built around highlighting these guys a bit is this week

Lion's Gate Project 4

https://www.njpw1972.com/tornament/4145?showCards=1

Majukun

Is Jinder knocking people out left and right? Seems like this was an isolated incident.

The Nia Jax match was far worse. She didn't protect Charlotte at all, twice.

IMHO one is one too many,especially from a fraking forearm, not some elaborated move.

fire him might be too much,but a reprimand (and maybe a little punishment if he wasn't already a jobber who is losing to basically anyone) is due i think

That headbutt spot from Shibata put him in the hospital

Katsuyori Shibata was taken to hospital due to poor health following his main event match on April 9th at Ryogoku Sumo Hall. He was conscious and able to communicate while being admitted to hospital.

After a medical examination, he was diagnosed with subdural hematoma and surgery was conducted as part of his treatment. He is now recovering following a successful operation.

Updates will be posted as his condition progresses.

God bless that dude but that's way too much for a spot that if removed wouldn't have made the match worse

https://www.njpw1972.com/6670

And he's been removed from upcoming cards so who knows how long he'll be out. Stupid.

Pikma

Banned
FYI Meltzer said Shibata's injury could end up being just an angle

BUT considering we have at least one picture of him laying on the floor backstage, I'm pretty sure it is not.

FYI Meltzer said Shibata's injury could end up being just an angle

BUT considering we have at least one picture of him laying on the floor backstage, I'm pretty sure it is not.

A bloody well doubt it's an angle. I mean Shibata legit cracked his own head open.

What angle comes from Shibata injures himself?

Btw isn't Shibata one of the guys people want Bryan to fight when his WWE contract expires?

Pikma

Banned
Also, the weirdest part about that elbow is that these two have been facing each other at house shows for a month now, so how the fuck does that even happen

Pikma

Banned
A bloody well doubt it's an angle. I mean Shibata legit cracked his own head open.

What angle comes from Shibata injures himself?

Btw isn't Shibata one of the guys people want Bryan to fight when his WWE contract expires?

If Bryan doesn't want to acknowledge the fact his career is done by now a singles match with Shibata would seal the deal, no doubt in my mind.

Top Bottom