• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

aRgutKR.gif
haha did this boy jinder get ahold of some 1994 AJPW tapes or something?

wrassleGAFcourt needs to deliberate on whether Blue needs to be taken away to the funny farm.

Am I sensing a Wrasslegaf Civil War? (this would be a great idea for the next event name, Sephzilla)

Apparently Seth debuted a new finisher in the dark main event. It's a Rainmaker, but instead of a lariat he hits a jumping knee.

Basically Omega's move.

Yes, Otunga is moving to Raw.

Otunga's got a great voice, for telling people what to do backstage.

Anth0ny

the problem with otunga and bryon switching

is they play the same fucking nerd on commentary

literally no difference between the two

Byron, JBL and Otunga are all awful. JBL to be fair was decent in his first spell as commentator. But now he just shouts over everyone, which probably is Vinces fault. Not really a fan of Tom Phillips also. Just sounds very bland. Big blow losing Mauro.

I thought it was a shame they finally turned King heel again and then boot him off commentary a few months later. He was decent alongside Mauro.

Caderfix

Firing Shibata Jr. is not what I'd call a smart business move

I know a lot of people love him and his style, so I'll be booed out of the building, but fuck Shibata too. Trying to kill him self while having no regards for his coworkers is not something I support. Everytime someone posts gifs of Shibata being super stiff to show how great he is, all I think of is "they should get rid of him".

ReiGun

the problem with otunga and bryon switching

is they play the same fucking nerd on commentary

literally no difference between the two

Nah. Byron is at least aware he's a dork and plays up his nerdy tendencies. Otunga tries too hard to sound cool and mostly just comes across as bored.

They're both terrible, but different kinds of terrible.

Beefy

Byron, JBL and Otunga are all awful. JBL to be fair was decent in his first spell as commentator. But now he just shouts over everyone, which probably is Vinces fault. Not really a fan of Tom Phillips also. Just sounds very bland. Big blow losing Mauro.

I thought it was a shame they finally turned King heel again and then boot him off commentary a few months later. He was decent alongside Mauro.

Did you hear King at Mania? The sexist shit he was spewing was nasty.

Tagyhag

Let's be honest, Byron is much better than Otunga.

That said, Corey shitting on him was hilarious. JBL is just going to actually bully him until he remembers that Byron used to be a wrestler too.

Nah. Byron is at least aware he's a dork and plays up his nerdy tendencies. Otunga tries too hard to sound cool and mostly just comes across as bored.

They're both terrible, but different kinds of terrible.
The truth is really that Otunga is a natural heel. He's playing the wrong role. If anything he should be a manager, not a commentator.

Imagine having Otunga as your manager, you would fall asleep in his promos.
I'm telling you, he could let loose. Of course he wouldn't be food as Clarence because that guy was just oozing gold over the microphone but this day in age he could get his point across.

jurgen

Waiting for Nigel to get called up to the main roster so we can hear Regal-logic of move explanations again.

Catching up on NJPW from last night.

Holy shit at this Okada/Shibata match. Okada is having one of the best years I've ever seen a wrestler have.

Did you hear King at Mania? The sexist shit he was spewing was nasty.

That's been the King all his career. Why are you surprised?

He was saying much worse stuff at his peak alongside JR. But that doesn't take away he's the third best heel commentator in history.

Beefy

That's been the King all his career. Why are you surprised?

He was saying much worse stuff at his peak alongside JR. But that doesn't take away he's the third best heel commentator in history.

Wasn't surprised just no need for shit like that in 2017. He is a dinosaur who needs to move on.

Top Bottom