• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Brock has a lot of shitty matches under his belt on account of his "I don't care" attitude. He is notorious for being difficult to work with. Both Roman and Ambrose have stories about how Brock was someone who did not want to map out a plan or story. His "aura", as it were, is fed by whoever is in the ring with him and can help carry him to a good match.

It's nice when two people can step into the ring and give a shit about what is about to transpire. The Goldberg program worked because the two are friends irl.

The brand loses nothing if Brock decides to leave one day. His sole purpose is to be a foil to the rest of the characters as they explore what it takes to best him but, in and of himself, he is garbage.

Brock is the type who calls it in the ring, while roman said he wouldn't listen to him plan the match he busted himself open hardway to make roman look good in the match. brock won't do stupid things like the new generation he learnt his lesson listening to other people which nearly had his neck broken.

See hardcore fans complain he keeps doing the "suplex city" stuff why should he do something else its easy for him to do and gets a huge reaction from the crowd in his matches so why should he do 10 different moves in the match. no reason to fix whats not broken. The whole point of fake wrestling is being able to entertain the crowd with the least toll on their body.

jmdajr

Alberto El Patron, formerly known as Alberto Del Rio, voiced support for Layfield as a friend, yet admitted that he could not speak to the current controversy with Ranallo.

”I know I had a lot of beef with some of the people in that company, and I can say that I hate some of the people in that place, but JBL was not one of them," said El Patron. ”He was always fantastic to me and he always treated my family with respect, so I have nothing but respect for JBL. But with all honesty, and I swear on my kids' life, I don't watch the product at all, I don't follow, so I don't know what the situation is with JBL."

translation

JBL knows not to fuck with me.

Tagyhag

I don't even know why people think Shibata's injuries are a work.

Like, have you watched his matches before? Do you honestly believe the guy's head is 100% OK?

See hardcore fans complain he keeps doing the "suplex city" stuff why should he do something else its easy for him to do and gets a huge reaction from the crowd in his matches so why should he do 10 different moves in the match. no reason to fix whats not broken. The whole point of fake wrestling is being able to entertain the crowd with the least toll on their body.
Yep, the best "do the most with the least," because wrestling is a work.

Stuff like stiff headbutts or strikes make no sense to me. Glad that early ROH era Kobashi chop and scary suplex stuff fell out of fashion.

For the new page

C9Jl5qxXcAA_0Ri.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
translation

JBL knows not to fuck with me.

I mean, yeah, JBL isn't going to go after the guys who are more likely to stand up for themselves in the wake of Steve Blackman knocking his soul out of his body.

somedevil

We have a star on our hands.....and he doesn't even have any merch

Watching the video the cheers get louder every time he comes back.

Raw Viewership for 4/10:

8pm: 3.432
9pm: 3.600
10pm: 3.256

Avg: 3.429

Seems the shake up keep viewers but it had the usual 3rd hour drop.

jmdajr

Jericho went after Dadberg and Bork.

Jericho has balls. No one is bullying him.

edit: I remember a story from one of his books. A member of band he was playing with somehow ended up hitting a girl from the audience. The band member didn't care. He told the dude backstage he better go out there and apologize, or he was going to beat the fuck out of him.

The guy apologized.

Gibbs

Watching the video the cheers get louder every time he comes back.

Who ever would destroy Roman would get that loud ovation. It's stupid how WWE states "it listens to the fans" but they continue to have Super Reigns go over everyone and get pushed down our throats on a weekly basis.

I don't get why they just don't turn him heel already, or ship him to Smackdown since I don't watch it. We get it, you want him to be the new John Cena, but the thing is, Cena was liked at first, Roman was boo'ed from the beginning.

Jericho has balls. No one is bullying him.

The balls of Jericho maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Other than Sin Cara, who are the shooters in the locker room?

Chris Jericho beat Goldberg in a backstage fight and tried to challenge Brock Lesnar over the Orton SummerSlam finish. Dude is a tough SOB.

Majukun

Who ever would destroy Roman would get that loud ovation. It's stupid how WWE states "it listens to the fans" but they continue to have Super Reigns go over everyone and get pushed down our throats on a weekly basis.

I don't get why they just don't turn him heel already, or ship him to Smackdown since I don't watch it. We get it, you want him to be the new John Cena, but the thing is, Cena was liked at first, Roman was boo'ed from the beginning.

The balls of Jericho maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.
because as a heel he would not move as much merchandise with its main user base.
basically the same reason why cena never turned heel.

Fox318

Y2J fucking stood up for the locker room when he thought Brock shot his way to a win.

Shame nobody will go up against Vince and stand up to him when he orders somebody to take shoot elbows from a fighter.

For example, I'm sure that Jason Jordan and Chad Gable could shoot for a double on somebody in the back but they're not throwing down. It has to be someone unassuming, like Tozawa.

Gibbs

because as a heel he would not move as much merchandise with its main user base.
basically the same reason why cena never turned heel.

Oh I understand that aspect completely, I've heard it being discussed many of days. Could it be argued that Stone Cold was red hot going into Wrestlemania 17 and turning heel against The Rock in the main event? I imagine he was a top selling merchandise performer at that time period.

Give me 3 hours of Reigns getting destroyed and I'd tune into Raw weekly.

jmdajr

Y2J fucking stood up for the locker room when he thought Brock shot his way to a win.

Shame nobody will go up against Vince and stand up to him when he orders somebody to take shoot elbows from a fighter.

Didn't Kofi challenge Vinnie Mac on a rib dare?

Anyhow, only person I know who has decked Vince is Bret.

Gibbs

too bad braun will be fed to roman and brock

Oh he'll be fed to Roman in three weeks at the Raw ppv.

What should happen is Strowman continue to be dominant and defeat Lesner at Summer Slam so the title of the universe can actually be defended and on TV.

Hoping Reigns gets moved to Smackdown. Ideally he'd disappear to nXt.

Roman only has one win over Braun, right? And it was after Braun decided his "nearly 7ft" 6'8"" ass decided to jump off the top rope. Braun has wrecked Roman and left him for dead every other time.

Top Bottom