• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Nekofrog

Banned
How isn't he already a heel to you? Do you realize you described a heel who has gotten under your skin in your first paragraph? Why would they turn him heel in order for you to like him? Does that make sense to you?

Why are you pretending like there's no difference between a perceived heel by fans vs an absolute all in and tone deaf baby face push

Why am I even replying to this ahhhhh

Why are you pretending like there's no difference between a perceived heel by fans vs an absolute all in and tone deaf baby face push

My argument is you guys have been worked since at least Royal Rumble where Roman came out at #30.

It's really, really weird to me how so many of you think these Roman boos and "you deserve it" after getting beaten up aren't the fully desired reaction.

Heroman

Banned
Soon

a0jk57r2mx7y.gif

Sephzilla

don't bother

he's completely oblivious to the fact that WWE goes out of their way to alter crowd reactions after the fact for replays and youtube.

Heroman

Banned
My argument is you guys have been worked since at least Royal Rumble where Roman came out at #30.

It's really, really weird to me how so many of you think these Roman boos and "you deserve it" after getting beaten up aren't the fully desired reaction.
It work so well that Roman is probably the least drawing the guy in history of WWE.

Caderfix

We all know your argument, friend Liu. You've made sure of that during this past month or so, and I have a feeling you'll only stop if Roman gets future endeavored like Eva did haha

Kaladin

That's kind of crappy for a finisher, but finisher's these days have be A) something that can come out of nowhere and B) something that can be done on anyone, big or small, so it sort of fits the criteria.

I want to see it in use, the set-up looks kinda eh, but a quick knee to the face can be brutal if they let him hit it from anywhere.

OH NO...HE'S GONNA....HE'S GONNA DO IT....HE'S GONNA DAB!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_eg04Zz3CERw/Sh7rDnVFQII/AAAAAAAABfM/4q-HkiS4GfY/s400/vlcsnap-11341872.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
I would love to see Vince's reaction to first seeing the dab.
[quote="Cagey, post: 233754188"]Move looks so bad who the fuck signed off on that.

A less impactful looking version of the not impactful looking Codebreaker.[/QUOTE]
Seth will still find a way to injure someone.
[quote="Nekofrog, post: 233754419"]
Why am I even replying to this ahhhhh[/QUOTE]
Excellent question

It work so well that Roman is probably the least drawing the guy in history of WWE.
He sells the most merch on the show.

If people are failing at drawing, it's everyone else who can't catch up to this guy that apparently we're supposed to believe is hated by everyone but is dominating in the main metric of popularity.

We all know your argument, friend Liu. You've made sure of that during this past month or so, and I have a feeling you'll only stop if Roman gets future endeavored like Eva did haha
It'll stop when you guys realize you're all talking about him every single week and loving to see him get beat up because that's the point.

This guy retired the Undertaker and is bragging about it, and you guys think he's meant to be a pure babyface. I feel like I'm talking to a bunch of out of touch Cornettes, seriously.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...man-reigns-selling-more-merchandise-than-any/

It was noted in the latest edition of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter that with John Cena now being a part-time wrestler, Reigns has been the top merchandise seller of all the full time talent and "there's nobody ready to take his place." Cena will be taking time off after WrestleMania for outside projects, and he has four movies that he are nearing release or will start production (The Wall, Daddy's Home 2, Ferdinand and The Pact).
Or is this a semantic battle? He's the top full-time guy. What's your source?

Heroman

Banned
He sells the most merch on the show.

If people are failing at drawing, it's everyone else who can't catch up to this guy that apparently we're supposed to believe is hated by everyone but is dominating in the main metric of popularity.
Cena vastly outsell him
And Merch sells are the main metic popularity since when?

cordy

Banned

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...man-reigns-selling-more-merchandise-than-any/

Or is this a semantic battle? He's the top full-time guy. What's your source?

That's what Meltz said.

But he also said something else recently that behind Cena, their biggest draws are "probably either Reigns, Orton or Styles" so take it as you will. I mean Cena blows EVERYBODY AWAY in merch sales but it's not all about merch sales. It's about the overall package.

Sephzilla

My only 2 cents. The idea that vince mcmahon is trying some 4th dimensional chess with Roman Reigns being a heel is hilarious when you factor in everything about how they portray Roman Reigns in every facet of WWE material. It becomes further hilarious when you factor in Vince's history of stubborn insistence on doing what they want versus what his customers want. It's so blatantly obvious that Roman is meant to be the face of these storylines despite what fans actually want that LKBAP is being deliberately obtuse for the sake of trolling posters and derailing threads - which is why the Raw ratings thread got closed and why he got put on my ignore list. Don't engage him

cordy

Banned
My only 2 cents. The idea that vince mcmahon is trying some 4th dimensional chess with Roman Reigns being a heel is hilarious when you factor in everything about how they portray Roman Reigns in every facet of WWE material. It becomes further hilarious when you factor in Vince's history of stubborn insistence on doing what they want versus what his customers want. It's so blatantly obvious that Roman is meant to be the face of these storylines despite what fans actually want that LKBAP is being deliberately obtuse for the sake of trolling posters and derailing threads - which is why the Raw ratings thread got closed and why he got put on my ignore list. Don't engage him
-

Yes! Show those damn internet fans who really knows about wrasslin!
It's not about that, as anyone can tell you who has read me use the words mean-spirited, cynical, and sarcastic to describe this sort of IWC negativity that pervades wrestling.

I just want you guys to have fun instead of complaining non-stop. Roman had the best segment last night that everyone's talking about because he's a great heel AND face. No matter what, we all felt something about it. It's a New Era.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
But even Jericho wasn't able to handle Sin Cara. Sin Cara is the king of the locker room.

Story I read was that Sin Cara cheap-shotted him and then everyone tried to break it up as soon as they started to tangle. During the scuffle, Jericho bit his finger hahaha

He came out at #30 in the Rumble after 2 years of disappointing us in the event. This was intentional. He's meant to get deeply under your skin specifically, while totally appealing to others who don't complain this much about mark shit.

There's no 4D chess. It's just very simple: "casuals like faces and hardcores like heels" is way dated. What's Asuka? What's Braun? What was Jericho for the last year?

It werid how Merch sells become the most important thing when talking about Roman drawing.
I'm happy to see numbers from any of you that can pinpoint any statistic on him rather than just as a guess at what you think is Raw's problem (it's not the guy that's on for less than 20 minutes of a 3 hour show every week).

ShadyK54

tumblr_inline_ojyf74mZKb1qlez23_500.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

The idea that Reigns is a "secret heel" is obviously just the party line. It's stupid. If you push an unpopular person as the face of the company no shit they will get a big reaction.

It's like saying Eva Marie was secretly super over because the fans vocally hated her.

Tagyhag

I wonder if Mauro is just never going to announce again, but they won't release him for a while because they know the timing right now would be BAD.

Caderfix

I wonder if Mauro is just never going to announce again, but they won't release him for a while because they know the timing right now would be BAD.

He'll probably stay until the end of his contract then go for something better. Mauro is a smart fella with smart friends.

Not saying it's necessarily wrong, but I find it borderline unbelievable that Roman Reigns is outselling The New Day in merchandise. They're essentially a merchandise machine, for goodness sake!
I'm just talking active.

However, Meng did work a NJPW show recently didn't he?
He worked the WK10 pre-show.

He's still got it!

Let's christen Seff's new move the Shook One

Because he stabs your brain with your nose bone.
I was going to complain about you once again talking about NYC rap, but NYC rap is the Seth Rollins of music.

I don't know exactly what I was going for there.

The idea that Reigns is a "secret heel" is obviously just the party line. It's stupid. If you push an unpopular person as the face of the company no shit they will get a big reaction.

It's like saying Eva Marie was secretly super over because the fans vocally hated her.
There's no secret heel psychology. He's just what the fans say he is.

You hate him? Great! You're into wrestling and Roman. You love him? Great! You're into wrestling and Roman.

Seriously, what's Asuka? Was Jericho actually a heel all year or the biggest babyface on Raw in his own way? You guys are thinking in seriously dated ways. Wrestling is already deep into becoming more like sports fandom where everyone just picks their favorite guys for whatever reasons, roots for them, and boos their opponents.

Top Bottom