• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Mahonay

Banned
It's crazy i see lots of people on INternet thiking it's not 600% sure Owens wins the match at payback.

There are so much reasons.. I mean Jericho is leaving lol.
But especially, you don't debut Owens like that, being the focus of your show, if he's not staying...

He's on SD for good.
Anyone with a brain would come to the conclusion that yeah, Owens is 1000 percent retaining at Payback.

It's crazy i see lots of people on INternet thiking it's not 600% sure Owens wins the match at payback.

There are so much reasons.. I mean Jericho is leaving lol.
But especially, you don't debut Owens like that, being the focus of your show, if he's not staying...

He's on SD for good.

Only thing that could seem him go back is if they need to call an audible due to Balor being out for a lengthy time and need an over body to replace him, but even then I'd think they'd grab AJ first

Kaladin

Smackdown actually seems to have the better, tighter roster. KO, AJ, Zayn, Corbin, Nakamura....all would make for a good top of the card main event picture.

Is it just me, or does Orton seem to not fit in with the rest of these guys?

Raw64life

I want them to basically retcon Rusev and Lana back to their original forms where Rusev was the monster and Lana was the real villain controlling the monster

You mean before
8ioMpseLlvQC4.gif

He's on the same brand, so I'm sure he'd sign off on it so he can bury him again when the time is right.

Mahonay

Banned
Yep

There is legit potential for The Superior Smackdown Six when all things are considered

AJ
Owens
Zayn
Nakamura
Rusev
Corbin

Is pretty damn close if not slightly better in totality than the OG SD 6.

That said if Balor is out for long term I wouldn't be surprised if AJ or Owens goes /returns to Raw.
Definitely replace Corbin with Luke in that list.

Corbin still has so much more improving to do. Luke is fucking stellar.

Sephzilla

The shield was a tremendous run, yet here we are celebrating a shield-less show, funny how that works.

I think they were better as a faction because they complimented each other well and hid each others weaknesses. Since breaking up all of their flaws have become more apparent and they collectively suffocate the main event scene now

Definitely replace Corbin with Luke in that list.

Corbin still has so much more improving to do. Luke is fucking stellar.

Smackdown 7 then :p

True I did say potential so you're right the real Superior SD 6 would have Luke in there over Corbin... That said I think they'll book all six of those guys way higher than Harper.

I think they were better as a faction because they complimented each other well and hid each others weaknesses. Since breaking up all of their flaws have become more apparent and they collectively suffocate the main event scene now

I also think how they broke up hurt them all a lot.

Mahonay

Banned
Does Finn have an actual concussion?
Yes. No report yet on if he'll be out for an extended period of time or just a couple weeks.

With Jinder being moved to Smackdown immediately after it's hard not to think Jinder roughed him up on purpose, on his own or instructed by Vince or someone. If not, that motherfucker is just dangerous as fuck and should be benched instead of getting an immediate match with Mojo.

Roman was the perfect hot tag, Dean covered for Roman and Seth's lack of mic skills, Seth had the in ring skills to cover for the other two and their lack of fancier moves. They balanced each other nicely enough.

jmdajr

Yes. No report yet on if he'll be out for an extended period of time or just a couple weeks.

With Jinder being moved to Smackdown immediately after it's hard not to think Jinder roughed him up on purpose, on his own or instructed by Vince or someone. If not, that motherfucker is just dangerous as fuck and should be benched instead of getting an immediate match with Mojo.

This is fucking stupid though. Makes no sense.

Like I know they do stupid shit, but this would be beyond that.

Collectively they hid each other's weaknesses.

I remember thinking the future shield triple threat in the main event scene was gonna be hot fire, instead it unceremoniously dumped itself on a random PPV last spring/summer at a point where the only one that felt actually over was Ambrose.
Well it was a decent enough match but man, what could have been.

Occam's razor would say it was just a fuck up...

But sure it was a hired hit...

Come on...

Vince wouldn't give Finn the Summerslam push if he was someone who wanted to take him out so badly he would have fucking Jinder Mahal of all people intentionally stiff him.

Not to mention Jinder stiffed the fuck out of Vince's number 1 boy Roman during their match a while ago.

I sincerely can't trust WWE with this stuff anymore with all of the old stories I've been reading up on now. They come off as goons. I wouldn't speculate otherwise.

VInce probably ordered Rollins to take out Sting too so he could cripple WCW once and for all in the ring...

Hell Vince probably also ordered Rollins to take out Balor at Summerslam and only put the title on Balor/ and then Owens to hide the evidence...

Come on man... you're basing this on absolutely nothing.

kiguel182

Owens is too good to do an "evil foreigner" gimmick. In fact, that whole segment and seeing people boo Canada and chant "USA" was just terrible. Terrible stuff.

I'm happy with the dudes that came to Smackdown but I hope they are better utilized. At least "neurotic" Zayn is probably over.

Rusev now deserves a chance of being a monster. Hopefully Smackdown takes advantage of him.

A lot of good can come out of this, let's see how they do. I think the tag team division is still DOA and the women's division can go either way but Tamina being there is well, not the best.

Let's wait and see I guess.

Mahonay

Banned
Vince wouldn't give Finn the Summerslam push if he was someone who wanted to take him out so badly he would have fucking Jinder Mahal of all people intentionally stiff him.
My scenario is more along the lines of "this kid seems he might be a bit of a soft pretty boy, go out there and let's see what he's really got."

Not "go out there and concuss him".

GunBR

Smackdown actually seems to have the better, tighter roster. KO, AJ, Zayn, Corbin, Nakamura....all would make for a good top of the card main event picture.

Is it just me, or does Orton seem to not fit in with the rest of these guys?
I have the same opinion. Orton really looks like a Raw guy, and they could even use him better there IMO
But WWE will never let anyone besides the old guys + the SHIELD trio be the top name in their house shows, and with Cena as a part timer and Dean on Raw they need Orton to fill that place

I just really don't wanna see him in the main event picture again after he drop the title to Nak or Owens or AJ

Mahonay

Banned
VInce probably ordered Rollins to take out Sting too so he could cripple WCW once and for all in the ring...

Come on man... you're basing this on absolutely nothing.
So guys going out there and purposely stiffing the fuck out of particular talent just never happened before then? If you say so.

Kaladin

Owens is too good to do an "evil foreigner" gimmick. In fact, that whole segment and seeing people boo Canada and chant "USA" was just terrible. Terrible stuff.

I'm happy with the dudes that came to Smackdown but I hope they are better utilized. At least "neurotic" Zayn is probably over.

Rusev now deserves a chance of being a monster. Hopefully Smackdown takes advantage of him.

A lot of good can come out of this, let's see how they do. I think the tag team division is still DOA and the women's division can go either way but Tamina being there is well, not the best.

Let's wait and see I guess.

Owens will do it justice though, and it's not terrible for coming off a hot angle with a championship run. Usually they're given a "we've got nothing for you" upper mid card jobber run.

My scenario is more along the lines of "this kid seems he might be a bit of a soft pretty boy, go out there and let's see what he's really got."

Not "go out there and concuss him".
I would maybe buy this but Jinder also delivered a stiff hit to Roman of all people which I doubt wasn't on Vince's orders. Just seems like the guy has a big chip on his shoulder.

kiguel182

Owens will do it justice though, and it's not terrible for coming off a hot angle with a championship run. Usually they're given a "we've got nothing for you" upper mid card jobber run.

You can't do justice to a gimmick that relies on xenophobia and dumb nationalism. Doesn't work for me at all.

You can't do justice to a gimmick that relies on xenophobia and dumb nationalism. Doesn't work for me at all.

Meh evil Canadian is funny because it's not based on anything but trolling the audience...

It's not playing on any meaningful or hurtful stereotypes.

Especially if they do what they did with Bret and make the dude the biggest babyface in Canada.

97 Hart Foundation Bret Hart is the greatest incarnation of Bret Hart

Kaladin

So I'm considering getting the DDP Yoga set, not just because I'm a fan, but it seems like a good low impact workout for beginners. Anyone have it or have tried it?

kiguel182

Meh evil Canadian is funny because it's not based on anything but trolling the audience...

It's not playing on any meaningful or hurtful stereotypes.

Especially if they do what they did with Bret and make the dude the biggest babyface in Canada.

97 Hart Foundation Bret Hart is the greatest incarnation of Bret Hart

It is pro wrestling.

That was basically the Attitude Era Hart Foundation

I know it was done before. I don't like it. People chanting USA or getting behind someone because they are American when this is a global product made by americans doesn't work for me.

EDIT: Nationalism is only okay during the World Cup.

Mahonay

Banned
Goldberg concussed Bret Hart by being stiff and inept.

Maybe Jinder is no different?
Jinder fucking Mahal is not important enough to be left in the ring to hurt other workers. I don't understand why he isn't being punished, especially since people said he was also rough with Roman.

Top Bottom