• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Strax

He certainly doesn't look like a wrestler but he looks like an horrible adult workplace bully, which is exactly why he's going for.

I disagree, he looks somebody who would be bullied.

And yet he's awesome.

He's a great worker and a great talker, which is more important.

I really hope this roster for Smackdown pays off like it has the potential to.

He's fantastic but this look hampers him imo

Tagyhag

A evil Canadian doesn't work , cause Canada has been better than the USA for years.

I think actually that works even better because deep down those people know Canada has been better.

It plays to the insecurities of Americans. I know it would never happen but I'd love for KO to start making people question their loyalty. Like, go to a black person and ask them "You love this country but does it love you back?"

Rimfya

Banned
SD is certainly in a weird position with belts, as RAW actually.

Just look at that show we just had. If we have Corbin/Orton for the big belt and Owens / AJ for the US belt. it'll basically feel like the us belt is the biggest belt.

I mean first appearance on SD and Owens opens the show, and the main event is AJ Styles, Corbin and Zayn fighting to know who will feud with him. Basically the whole show was focused on Owens, plus the serious look and all that.

In term of charisma Orton is basically invisible in comparison. What do you want to do with that..

It's gonna be weird. Corbin/Orton jusy feels mid card compared to Owens/AJ. I mean both have giant charisma and it's not like they were world champ for 6 month just before... This would have been basically the SD champ vs RAW champ 2 months ago.. It's WM main event level.

Seems to me like someone higher up mandated Orton having the belt but the writers know who they actually want to build the show around.

They could be fighting for a piece of tin foil but I'd rather watch KO/AJ/Zayn/Nak that Orton and his prestigious WWE Championship

Mahonay

Banned
Seems to me like someone higher up mandated Orton having the belt but the writers know who they actually want to build the show around.

They could be fighting for a piece of tin foil but I'd rather watch KO/AJ/Zayn/Nak that Orton and his prestigious WWE Championship
Exactly.

Damn that actually sounds likely.

Orton is weird because when he pops up at first the crowd goes crazy, but during his matches and promos everyone is dead. And then they pop for the RKO.

Mahonay

Banned
Damn that actually sounds likely.

Orton is weird because when he pops up at first the crowd goes crazy, but during his matches and promos everyone is dead. And then they pop for the RKO.
He has star presence and the RKO is over.

Shit on the mic, and predictable in the ring.

orioto

Good Art™

Well yeah at that point i always guessed guys like Orton or Cena have title run cause it's somewhere in their contract.. Same when Batista won the RR, or obviously Lesnar and Goldberg.

jmdajr

So Fast and Furious 8 cost 250 million to make. WTF.

Anyhow, I'll be seeing it to kill more brains cells. Whatever is left.

kiguel182

Orton doesn't feel like the champion. This feud with Wyatt started interesting and then shat the bed. Now he looks like an afterthought.

Orton coasts on his looks and athletic ability. The guy can't make a match interesting or cut a promo.

He does cool shit in the ring but his pace is a snoozer.

Smackdown is better without Alexi, she is not good.

Best or second best (depending on how much you value Charlotte on the stick) talker in the women's division of either brand and maybe top 10 talkers in the company right now period...

I get it she's no workrate machine but there are other valuable assets.

Heroman

Banned
Best or second best (depending on how much you value Charlotte on the stick) talker in the women's division of either brand and maybe top 10 talkers in the company right now period...

I get it she's no workrate machine but there are other valuable assets.
You can talk all day but if I don't want to see you wreslte it doesn't matter.

For now. Nia will turn on her at some point. Rest in pieces Alexa.

Alexa will one day be, based on her out of character interviews a fantastic babyface... I can see Alexa finally defeating the giant Nia being a pretty decent story a literal David vs Goliath... The match will probably suck but if I watched Alexa for her wrestling I'd have stopped watching Alexa ages ago.

You can talk all day but if I don't want to see you wreslte it doesn't matter.

I mean that's not true but whatever, you do you.

Bliss is decently over despite her in ring greeness (and she's getting better)

Mahonay

Banned
Alexa will one day be, based on her out of character interviews a fantastic babyface... I can see Alexa finally defeating the giant Nia being a pretty decent story a literal David vs Goliath... The match will probably suck but if I watched Alexa for her wrestling I'd have stopped watching Alexa ages ago.
That would be dumb.

Nia would be a much better fit as a face, and Alexa as a face seems awful.

So what you explained is exactly what will happen.

It wasn't even a risky spot, it was straight up an elbow to the back of the head.

Yeah I saw it.

Thing about these head injuries is that if he gets tested and they determine this his brain is at risk, he could be gone for months.

Man, this sucks and has bummed me out. I'm not a fan of the character but Finn seems like a genuinely great person and this is not what you want for anyone in the back.

Mahonay

Banned
Kind of worried about face Charlotte. She went from being a , what, 5 time champion with a PPV streak to be reduced to a losing streak and jobbing to Nia. Having her play nice on top of it all would just be a bad move imo.
She needs to be an anti-hero face if they're going to go that way. Only way it'll work.

Top Bottom