• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Kind of worried about face Charlotte. She went from being a , what, 5 time champion with a PPV streak to be reduced to a losing streak and jobbing to Nia. Having her play nice on top of it all would just be a bad move imo.
She'll be fine on Smackdown. I'd bet good money she takes the belt from Naomi by either Backlash or the PPV after that. Then they can go right into a Becky vs Charlotte feud for Summerslam which should be very good.

That would be dumb.

Nia would be a much better fit as a face, and Alexa as a face seems awful.

So what you explained is exactly what will happen.

Have you seen Alexa's out of character stuff... she comes off as as incredibly likeable. Like Superior Bayley likeable. So I think one day she could be a great babyface...

I'm not saying pull the trigger on it because she's an amazing heel but I don't think holding her NXT debut character against her is fair either.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Fair enough. Still, Corbin is one guy out of how many that were on Smackdown's roster. Apollo didn't move anywhere. Kallisto and Swagger didn't either; the former two ended up on Raw, and the latter ended up out of a job. And remember it was Dean Ambrose, former WWE champion and certified main eventer, who took the title off Miz and kept it. Why? Because Smackdown hadn't built any midcard faces who could take the title off Miz at that point.

Of the current group, Tye probably has the best chance of moving higher in the card once he's run through the gauntlet, as it were. That's still 1 out of 7. Not everyone is going to move up the card. Not everyone should. That's fine; lots of guys have made perfectly good careers for themselves working the midcard. I'm just saying as a viewer, I'd like it if they had more going on storywise than just "I'm here to make a statement!" or some other empty platitude. Give them the midcard belt back and let the main eventers fight for the main event title. Or make a new one. Whichever.

And sure, I'm willing to give it time. My comments were on the state of the title scene as it currently stands, and currently, I don't like the midcarders on Smackdown being completely shut out of any title scene. Hopefully it'll sort itself out following Payback, but considering the guy in my avatar is either going to be challenging former Universial Champion Kevin Owens or Chris fucking Jericho for the US title, it might take a little while.

Not everyone can be in the main event and be chasing titles, mid-card or not. There has to be losers in feuds, even though some losers can lose with grace such as Mick Foley is almost all of his feuds. Smackdown has two titles singles mens' titles, so if the mid-card guys aren't able to gain the attention to fight for those titles, then it's truly on them. Kalisto and Swagger losing paved way for Corbin climbing up the card/ranks.

Ambrose may be "main event", but he fluctuates. Owens was "main event", but his time at the "top" is on cool for now while he holds the US title.

I can't wait to see Charlotte and Sami on Talking Smack. They were both on Raw Talk but that was when Booker was on it and Booker was more concerned with talking about himself really then trying to get those two or the others over.

Mahonay

Banned
I can't wait to see Charlotte and Sami on Talking Smack. They were both on Raw Talk but that was when Booker was on it and Booker was more concerned with talking about himself really then trying to get those two or the others over.
Booker also doesn't seem to be fully aware of where he is half of the time.

Here is a shoot, Green wreslters shouldn't be on the main roster Wrestling.

At face value this seems simplistic enough but it's not so black and white. The premise behind giving people a push, premature or not, is to put them on the spot to see if they can deliver when the moment calls for it. You don't deliver by working with people less talented than or experienced than you are. It takes a lot of in-ring experience and repetition to work out the kinks.

Obviously this may come at the cost and at the risk of hurting others.

This is exactly what we are seeing unfold with Nia right now. She has a great backstage presence and is being given a chance to shine but her mistakes are front and center for the world to see and for her peers to feel. It sucks but there is no way around it.

My big fear for Bliss on Raw is the only wins she will be getting is over Dana and Mickie and no one else since Bayley, Nia and Sasha are super protected and exist in a bubble where they can only lose to each other and Alexa hasn't had a clean win in forever.

Not everyone can be in the main event and be chasing titles, mid-card or not. There has to be losers in feuds, even though some losers can lose with grace such as Mick Foley is almost all of his feuds. Smackdown has two titles singles mens' titles, so if the mid-card guys aren't able to gain the attention to fight for those titles, then it's truly on them. Kalisto and Swagger losing paved way for Corbin climbing up the card/ranks.

Ambrose may be "main event", but he fluctuates. Owens was "main event", but his time at the "top" is on cool for now while he holds the US title.

He's arguably more on top with the US belt on SD after one night then he was with the Universal title on Raw... if they continue the way this Smackdown was laid out.

Mahonay

Banned
Here is a shoot Joe is fucked on Raw. Seth ain't no big enough face to put him over, and we ain't getting Joe V.s Brock,
Yeah :( I really wish Joe could be on Smackdown but obviously that would leave RAW with not enough big heels.

Kevin Owens does leave a pretty big opening on RAW, maybe at best Joe gets slotted into that position?

Booker has some crazy "I like turtles" moments every now and then, followed by him almost telling a performer that he/she sucks. It's weird watching him.
While I admit him calling out Bayley on a shit promo was funny, it really didn't help her at all. Bryan or Renee would have handled it much better, and said some questions and other things to help her out.

Yeah not really , No she didn't.

Dude she got a pop to the point of having to actively tell the crowd she didn't need their support and she handled it like a pro.

And her character work absolutely does. For as green as she is in the ring no one but Charlotte even comes near her on the mic in the Women's division.

Raw64life

My big fear for Bliss on Raw is the only wins she will be getting is over Dana and Mickie and no one else since Bayley, Nia and Sasha are super protected and exist in a bubble where they can only lose to each other and Alexa hasn't had a clean win in forever.

She should continue to not get clean wins as long as she continue to suck at wrestling.

Yeah not really , No she didn't.

Glad I'm not the only one.

Alexa is rapidly approaching AJ Lee levels of overrated on here.

rrc1594

Yeah :( I really wish Joe could be on Smackdown but obviously that would leave RAW with not enough big heels.

Kevin Owens does leave a pretty big opening on RAW, maybe at best Joe gets slotted into that position?

I hope so it looks they are squashing the HHH crew angle. He is sitting in no man's land right now. Seth/Joe ain't going to do shit for him TBH

Heroman

Banned
Dude she got a pop to the point of having to actively tell the crowd she didn't need their support and she handled it like a pro.

And her character work absolutely does. For as green as she is in the ring no one but Charlotte even comes near her on the mic in the Women's division.
She got a pop because of that bayley and Sasha promo was failing , put any one it would have gotten the same pop.

Truth is Bliss gets pretty damn good reactions for someone who isn't setting the world on fire once the bell rings... so she's doing something right... wonder what it could be.

I prefer Becky and Charlotte, but she's easily number 3.

Caderfix

She got a pop because of that bayley and Sasha promo was failing , put any one it would have gotten the same pop.

Hell no. After the 4 horsewomen, Alexa gets the biggest reactions in the woman's division, hell, even when compared to the horsewomen she still gets more cheers every now and then. I know you don't like her, but A LOT of people do, myself included. She is great.

jmdajr

The good thing.

You still get to see Alexa Bliss.

Heroman

Banned
Hell no. After the 4 horsewomen, Alexa gets the biggest reactions in the woman's division, hell, even when compared to the horsewomen she still gets more cheers every now and then. I know you don't like her, but A LOT of people do, myself included. She is great.
She is a distant 6 or 7 place in terms of popularity in the whole women division. She not that popular.

Truthfully Mickie James is the odd one on Raw... Her return has been less than stellar despite a great match with Asuka in NXT... She's still pretty good in ring but man her character is basically vanilla, and now I don't even know if she's a heel or a face.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
She is a distant 6 or 7 place in terms of popularity in the whole women division. She not that popular.
People are confusing thirsty-ness expressed on GAF with actual popularity.

Kaladin

Truthfully Mickie James is the odd one on Raw... Her return has been less than stellar despite a great match with Asuka in NXT... She's still pretty good in ring but man her character is basically vanilla, and now I don't even know if she's a heel or a face.

The old divas just don't hold up to the new women. It's even true for the women who came just before the newer class like the Bellas or Naomi. They're just not in the same league.

Mahonay

Banned
She is a great worker but yeah, her character has no direction whatsoever. At least on RAW that could be reset maybe?

I think Naomi's injury kinda fucked her over. She was doing pretty good with Becky since their EC match was quite good, but Naomi's injury meant instead of the feud stretching a bit more that they just had another match a week or two later and it quietly died down and the whole 'six women clusterfuck' build up began.

Edit: They should probably just turn her back to the crazy character.

Mahonay

Banned
The old divas just don't hold up to the new women. It's even true for the women who came just before the newer class like the Bellas or Naomi. They're just not in the same league.
I don't know, Micky is definitely significantly better than a Naomi or Bella.

Top Bottom