• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

jmdajr

People are confusing thirsty-ness expressed on GAF with actual popularity.

Those looks don't hurt, but she is pretty good on the mic, with the attitude, facial expressions, etc.

Decent in the ring but for a heel it's enough. Hey it works for Miz.

edit: Look at Eva Marie. Perfect example that looks alone mean jack squat.

Barrage

The problem with RAW is that they have some guys whose Overness is fragile, ala Rollins and Wyatt. Those two can't feud because it will hurt whoever loses.

The Miz can lose to anyone on the roster and be just as over the next night. That's why he's an addition to any roster, and why he's Smackdown's biggest loss.

Mickie is pretty good, and I look forward to the kind of matches she could have with Bayley and Sasha.

I hope Asuka goes to Smackdown now whenever she's done at NXT (which I hope is the next NXT PPV and not Brooklyn). Asuka vs Becky or Asuka vs Charlotte would be great feuds.

Recall

Mark Henry has to have the record for longest development period before he became something really good....

15 years from debut to Hall of Pain... crazy.

That's normal now. Except the development for modern guys is called indies.

A lot of wrestlers worked the Indy scene longer than 15 years before getting the call up.

Tall4Life

That's normal now. Except the development for modern guys is called indies.

A lot of wrestlers worked the Indy scene longer than 15 years before getting the call up.

Older wrestlers wrestled on the indies for a while until going to the big leagues too. If you read the Observer Rewinds you'll see that

I think everyone has been expecting Ember to pin Asuka since she debuted, but honestly I hope Asuka just goes up and they strip her of the title. As someone else said here, then it becomes the prize for the women's tournament and you don't have to worry about managing stupid streaks at the expense of storytelling

rrc1594

Alexa carried that division on SD for months and made it watchable. She helped get Becky over and knows how to work the crowd. I'm all about work rate but let's not try downplay Alexa

Tall4Life

Alexa carried that division on SD for months and made it watchable. She helped get Becky over and knows how to work the crowd. I'm all about work rate but let's not try downplay Alexa

Oh please, I love Alexa and her facial expressions as much as the next mark but Becky has a strange way of getting herself organically over with the crowd. She somehow got over in that Charlotte feud before the split to the point where she was inserted into the Mania match, and going back even further, he got herself over as a fiery technical babyface in her Takeover match against Sasha, which is insanely underrated.

jmdajr

Yeah, they can kick you out for anything.

united-passenger-removed.png

Oh please, I love Alexa and her facial expressions as much as the next mark but Becky has a strange way of getting herself organically over with the crowd. She somehow got over in that Charlotte feud before the split to the point where she was inserted into the Mania match, and going back even further, he got herself over as a fiery technical babyface in her Takeover match against Sasha, which is insanely underrated.

I think Bliss played an amazing foil to Becky but yeah Becky does a lot for herself too and did a lot for Bliss, those two actually had pretty great chemistry and helped each other get over... Bliss absolutely was the workhorse on the promo work though imo...

I think where Bliss really helped was Naomi... yes the entrance played a huge role but Bliss pushed Naomi over the top imo.

Tall4Life

I think Bliss played an amazing foil to Becky but yeah Becky does a lot for herself too and did a lot for Bliss, those two actually had pretty great chemistry and helped each other get over... Bliss absolutely was the workhorse on the promo work though imo...

I think where Bliss really helped was Naomi... yes the entrance played a huge role but Bliss pushed Naomi over the top imo.
Promos I'd agree with, Becky had some funny moments (c u next tuesday) but that is where Alexa's strength is. And Becky's strength is still in her technical wrestling ability (that itself has been less emphasized in the past year sadly), but yeah they play to each other's strengths so well.

Promos I'd agree with, Becky had some funny moments (c u next tuesday) but that is where Alexa's strength is. And Becky's strength is still in her technical wrestling ability (that itself has been less emphasized in the past year sadly), but yeah they play to each other's strengths so well.

Yep...

Bliss covered for Becky's weakness and Becky covered hardcore for Bliss'.. It's why I think once she gets a chance those feuds with Sasha and Bayley are gonna be great.

And then one day we'll get Bliss vs Charlotte and the promos will be incredible.

Bliss is really just a damn good talker and character worker and she's only going to get better.

I mean fuck Bliss ended up ,after only debuting in what late July, getting on the honourable mentions list for the Observer's best on interviews award and that's out of all of wrestling world wide and UFC, no other woman was on the list period, and she got 4th in the Most Improved.

rrc1594

I'll say Natty is next women under 4 horse women when it comes in ring work. She needs a heel run with the title.

Edit- I'll take her over Baley TBH

Raw64life

lol. It was literally the complete opposite. Becky was already on the main roster, and plenty over for a while when Alexa got called up. Alexa is a better promo but it's not like Becky is braindead on a mic. And in the ring it was 1000% Becky carrying Alexa the whole way.

Sephzilla

Natty's mic skills are terrible though. And oddly enough, despite her in rings skills, every match she's had with Charlotte has been a massive stinker

Tall4Life

I feel like Natty SHOULD be a strong technical wrestler but that never comes out. And I just hate all of her characters. All of them. Can't stand her at this point. I used to be on the "she's mega underrated" train but I'm off it

like, she does a sharpshooter, that's cool I guess? I would take charlotte or becky over her in a heartbeat

No less silly then your idea that she is popular

I mean what's the point you hand waved away her Raw reaction as nothing, I could point to you that she was one of the only two people on SD really getting proper heel heat since the brand split but I'm sure you'd hand wave that away too...

Bliss has gotten a lot of recognition from the wrestling press as well but they probably don't count either.

I already mentioned her Wrestling Observer Awards placements but that's probably meaningless too...

WWE trusted her enough to send her to ESPN... as well... but sure saying she's popular based on all these things is just as silly as saying she isn't based on nada.

Mahonay

Banned
I feel like Natty SHOULD be a strong technical wrestler but that never comes out. And I just hate all of her characters. All of them. Can't stand her at this point. I used to be on the "she's mega underrated" train but I'm off it

like, she does a sharpshooter, that's cool I guess? I would take charlotte or becky over her in a heartbeat
Her super dumb Whitney Houston lyrics gimmick was pretty great. Made me laugh at least.

Natalya and Charlotte had a great little match at Roadblock and then never really gelled all that well after

Can't say I've been terribly impressed with Natalya since, besides occasional promo moments

Caderfix

She is a distant 6 or 7 place in terms of popularity in the whole women division. She not that popular.

6th or 7th? Distant? This has got to be related to how our ears function differently or something like that, also, a difference on the forums we visit, wrasslin sites we visit and wrasslin videos we watch.

Heroman

Banned
6th or 7th? Distant? This has got to be related to how our ears function differently or something like that, also, a difference on the forums we visit, wrasslin sites we visit and wrasslin videos we watch.
Nikki, and 4 horsewomen are way more popular than her. So she probably sixths.

Raw64life

Natalya will look like a great technical wrestler for half a match and then she botches something horribly or just straight up forgets a spot.

I'll give Charlotte credit for improving in the ring considerably after being called up. Although I still cringe whenever she grabs a microphone. She's toned it down a bit but is still prone to simply yelling out her lines as loud as she possibly can.

Caderfix

I disagree with the Nikki part, but the 4 horsewomen is true, I even said that myself but every now and then she gets pops on their level as well.

Being 5th in a division with so much heat, such as the women's division, means you're getting a good pop, man.

Mahonay

Banned
I disagree with the Nikki part, but the 4 horsewomen is true, I even said that myself but every now and then she gets pops on their level as well.

Being 5th in a division with so much heat, such as the women's division, means you're getting a good pop, man.
Nikki definitely gets bigger pops and reactions than Alexa.

I mean even if that's the case being behind only 4 of the best women the company has ever produced, and one of the longest active roster members after only 9 months on the main roster (and unlike the 4 horsewomen Bliss didn't get to do much in NXT to build that following) is still pretty damn good... Being behind those people doesn't mean she's not popular.

Riddle Me Bliss lol

Too bad the cameras didn't pick that up at Mania... I know we figured out later it was The Riddler but this would have made it obvious at the time.

I'm probably done talking about Bliss for a bit but I just had never seen the back of her entrance vest yet.

Jax hinting at that Nia/Bliss duo

https://twitter.com/NiaJaxWWE/status/851858833848901632

Team Rude lol...

Bliss and Jax also seem to be pretty good friends...

https://twitter.com/blissfulmella/status/851870077301522432

https://twitter.com/NiaJaxWWE/status/851195413654900737

Cute...

Goddamn WWE should just let these people be themselves
Well that smirk she gave Nia at the end of the segment hinted something in the works may go as far as helping each other

Top Bottom