• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

rrc1594

Can see Charlotte sulking she shouldn't be there on SD and getting beaten/screwed over regularly. Kinda AJ-ish.

I'm sure AJ is happy to be on SD, he knows it's his show and has people he can do great things with. I doubt Charlotte cares she is going to queen there

Caderfix

During the reveal, I was actually hoping Shane would say "Asuka". Charlotte is awesome, don't get me wrong, but I want Asuka to go to SD.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Oh please, I love Alexa and her facial expressions as much as the next mark but Becky has a strange way of getting herself organically over with the crowd. She somehow got over in that Charlotte feud before the split to the point where she was inserted into the Mania match, and going back even further, he got herself over as a fiery technical babyface in her Takeover match against Sasha, which is insanely underrated.
I said it before and I'll say it again. Sasha vs Becky was better than Sasha vs Bayley. Best WWE match of 2015. That match made Becky.

Yup, a different version of when Sasha and Tamina were together

Like at least with Alexa talking Jax segments might be at least more entertaining.

Short term fix but it'll do... and though I said the reverse earlier Jax turning on Bliss and thus turning face might do Jax good sometime down the road because she seems far to nice in real life to be playing a baddie when she's not a good enough actor.

That's what I expect, but, honestly, I think Becky and Asuka would be a better match up.

Good lord I can see Becky doing on of her fired up rambling promos and Asuka just doing her You Talk too much thing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Can we stop reducing Bliss to she's hot so that's why people like her, it's fucking gross.
That wasn't the issue. The point is that people don't actually like her as much as people claim; it's not a defensible position to say Alexa Bliss gets the best reaction of all the women on the roster because it simply isn't true.

The fact that WrassleGAFfers mark out over Alexa Bliss (for whatever reason) doesn't translate to her being more popular than Sasha Banks, Charlotte, Becky Lynch or Bayley.

Rimfya

Banned
I'm sure AJ is happy to be on SD, he knows it's his show and has people he can do great things with. I doubt Charlotte cares she is going to queen there
Nah I mean how AJ has been acting constantly screwed over. I could see them doing similar like she thinks she's a big shot but no one on SD cares.

That wasn't the issue. The point is that people don't actually like her as much as people claim; it's not a defensible position to say Alexa Bliss gets the best reaction of all the women on the roster because it simply isn't true.

The fact that WrassleGAFfers mark out over Alexa Bliss (for whatever reason) doesn't translate to her being more popular than Sasha Banks, Charlotte, Becky Lynch or Bayley.

I don't think anyone has said that... I'm arguably the biggest Bliss fan here and I haven't even said that...

What's been said is she gets good reactions... to which you replied yeah cause WrestleGaf is thirsty (and don't try an tell me you didn't mean thirsty as in folks want to fuck her)... so whatever dude.

I mean the reality is she's gotten good press, has gotten a lot of recognition for her mic and character work outside of GAF, and it's not because everyone want to have sex with her so...

You chose those words and what they imply (and it's not the first time someone has made that implication) and they were gross...

Like Kevin Owens is arguably at most say 5th in reactions on the men's side, now that Nak is around and Balor is back, behind at least: Nak, Balor, Jericho, AJ (and possibly even Rollins and Ambrose too) but it'd be idiotic to say Owens doesn't get good reactions and isn't popular.

Kakaroach

I think Alexa is ok. Not super over and not that much fun to watch in the ring. But she did really well on SD despite the fact that I had no idea who she was when I started watching.

That look Sasha Banks give when it looks like she's about to turn heel turns me on. Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest.

Just an example on Sasha's look. I can only imagine.
giphy.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't think anyone has said that... I'm arguably the biggest Bliss fan here and I haven't even said that...

What's been said is she gets good reactions... to which you replied yeah cause WrestleGaf is thirsty (and don't try an tell me you didn't mean thirsty as in folks want to fuck her)... so whatever dude.

I mean the reality is she's gotten good press, has gotten a lot of recognition for her mic and character work outside of GAF, and it's not because everyone want to have sex with her so...

You chose those words an what they imply (and it's not the first time someone has made that implication) and they were gross...

Like Kevin Owens is arguably at most say 5th in reactions on the men's side, now that Nak is around and Balor is back, behind at least: Nak, Balor, Jericho, AJ (and possibly even Rollins and Ambrose too) but it'd be idiotic to say Owens doesn't get good reactions and isn't popular.
Someone said she's the most popular female wrestler on the roster after the Four Horsewomen. But that isn't true either. Naomi, Mickie and Nikki Bella have all been consistently getting equal or greater reactions from crowds. It's not, in fact, a false statement to say that there are people on GAF who have expressed that they like Bliss because she's attractive. That's just human nature. The point is that people are confusing an overly positive reception of the character to the fandom at large. And as for the "implications" you just threw in there, I'm sorry but that's in your head. Nobody has ever expressed the opinion that Bliss isn't good for anything other than being hot. The proposition that certain members of the forum have ulterior motives for saying that specific wrestler is better than she actually is isn't an inherently offensive position; it has nothing to do with Bliss herself.

Angry Grimace

Are they going to have a random Women's title at the new tournament that never gets defended on TV like the UK title?

Didn't realise how tall Naks was until he made Ziggler look like a short arse. Must be all the posing he does.

Yeah, he's a legit 6'1". I'm guessing that has something to do with the amount of money they threw at him despite questionable English skills and having done very little promo work.

SDL is basically the Triple H's "guys" brand now. Except there aren't any heels on the brand. It's a bunch of faces that pretend to be heels and the crowd ignores their alignment.

And as for the "implications" you just threw in there, I'm sorry but that's in your head. Nobody has ever expressed the opinion that Bliss isn't good for anything other than being hot. The proposition that certain members of the forum have ulterior motives for saying that specific wrestler is better than she actually is isn't an inherently offensive position; it has nothing to do with Bliss herself.

I mean you sure as hell didn't make much other comments on the topic other than some jab about people being thirsty for her. You dragged that shit in to this.

And sure it has nothing to do with Bliss herself per say but it has everything to do with how people talk about celebrity women and their talents.

Largely what's been talked about with Bliss is her mic and character work, two things that have been largely recognized outside of GAF as well, it's not overrating her to say she's damn good at those things.

And no way has Mickie James gotten better reactions than Bliss...

The argument put forward based on nothing has been that Bliss wasn't popular period... I disagree, I think her reactions are solid, I think the company clearly believes in her enough to put her on ESPN, I think the wrestling press has clearly shown an appreciation for her and it isn't because she's hot, it's the bloody WWE they're all levels of hot.

Angry Grimace

I mean you sure as hell didn't make much other comments on the topic other than some jab about people being thirsty for her.

And sure it has nothing to do with Bliss herself per say but it has everything to do with how people talk about celebrity women and their talents.

Largely what's been talked about with Bliss is her mic and character work, two things that have been largely recognized outside of GAF as well, it's not overrating her to say she's damn good at those things.

Her mic and character work is fine, but I think she also has a very easy character to play. Bayley (babyface Sasha too, for that matter) has a really hard character to play, and she doesn't always succeed at it because its very hard to be a white-meat babyface in 2017. I consider Becky to be better than Bliss on the mic and at character work for that reason - she's playing a squeaky clean babyface that has to cut through a lot of corny writing.

Angry Grimace

Also no part-timers on SD, yeah Raw can get fucked
Cena's still there and Orton does not actually work a full-time schedule (which is why I expect him to drop the title relatively soon)

Although given the current roster, it's bascially SmarkDown Live. The entire roster of that division is "dudes who smarks love."

Top Bottom