• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

rrc1594

Cena's still there and Orton does not actually work a full-time schedule (which is why I expect him to drop the title relatively soon)

Although given the current roster, it's bascially SmarkDown Live. The entire roster of that division is "dudes who smarks love."

If we're lucky randy can drop the title and to part time.

Umm Cena?

Not taking Cena or Orton more like Goldberg or anyone Vince needs cause he doesn't trust his talent around WM season.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
She's pretty damn over with the crowd. She got a lot of cheers last night when she came out.

She just needs to turn Ric Flair face, and not "model to all young girls" face (like she was when she was first called up).

It's the same way I don't think they can really go back to squeaky clean respectful AJ Styles even if turning face is inevitable.

Not taking Cena or Orton more like Goldberg or anyone Vince needs cause he doesn't trust his talent around WM season.

Any kind of "guest" star is going to be on Raw simply because it's the higher rated show. SDL being less about flash is just a sensible decision because it doesn't have to be.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If Vince gave a shit what people thought WM34 would be headlined by a white-hot crowd for AJ Styles/Nakamura. I think its far more likely that Vince blows his fucking load on that match well before WM34.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Umm Cena?

Didn't you see him and Nikki show up on RAW on Monday?

Come on man, pay attention.

If Vince gave a shit what people thought WM34 would be headlined by a white-hot crowd for AJ Styles/Nakamura. I think its far more likely that Vince blows his fucking load on that match well before WM34.

Wrestlemania is the casual show full of spectacle for people who don't watch a lot of wrestling. AJ vs. Nak is not a WM main event, AJ vs. Nak is a Summerslam main event. Summerslam is the PPV for the smarks.

Kaladin

It would be AJ / Nakamura III, the first two at Summerslam and a PPV between then and Mania

Her mic and character work is fine, but I think she also has a very easy character to play. Bayley (babyface Sasha too, for that matter) has a really hard character to play, and she doesn't always succeed at it because its very hard to be a white-meat babyface.

I consider Becky to be better than Bliss on the mic and character work for that reason - she's playing a squeaky clean babyface that has to cut through a lot of corny writing.

I mean to each their own...

Why didn't you just open with this instead of the ridiculous thirsty comment.

Though I do find it funny that even in complimenting Bliss you downplay what she's doing.

Maybe Becky is born to play the white-bread baby face, maybe she's like Sting (god knows she;s been turned on enough already :p) and couldn't play a heel if she tried, her NXT heel run wasn't noteable by any means... so maybe it wouldn't be easy for her to do what Bliss does...

I could argue that the mean girl heel is just as tired a character as the white-bread baby face and thus Bliss doing well with it is impressive too...

Anyway let's just end this before we go around in circles

Kakaroach

People dump on SD's women roster pre-shake-up but they did a lot with a little. Becky's initial run as champ was a lot of in and Alexa's first month was pretty good too. Then Naomi got super over before the month of crap before mania. And La Luchadora kept us interested for a couple of weeks.

I'm not saying it was spectacular, but it was good despite the fact they didn't have as much talent as Raw.

They won't turn Charlotte. They need a top heel on Smackdown because Natalya or Carmella or Tamina sure as fuck can't fill those shoes. Not to mention that other then Miz, Charlotte is the only heel who gets genuine heat as opposed to the super cheers most heels nowadays get.

People dump on SD's women roster pre-shake-up but they did a lot with a little. Becky's initial run as champ was a lot of in and Alexa's first month was pretty good too. Then Naomi got super over before the month of crap before mania. And La Luchadora kept us interested for a couple of weeks.

I'm not saying it was spectacular, but it was good despite the fact they didn't have as much talent as Raw.

Yeah everyone thought poor Becky she's fucked after the draft but honestly the Smackdown Women basically up until the main lead up where they just went fuck it free for all was consistently more entertaining than Raw's despite the vastly superior matches on Raw.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

I don't see a lot of negativity aimed at the SD women. In fact the general perception is that it was stronger then RAW if only because they were actually giving the whole roster things to do whereas RAW was just the Charlotte/Sasha show for so damn long.

rrc1594

If they do Corbin/Orton next I think that's a big mistake. Orton needs to drop that title and Corbin isn't ready to be champ. Corbin can't afford to lose, you can't keep talking hot shit and takeing Ls

So is Becky vs Bayley the only Four Horsewomen feud that's never happened at all?

I'd like to see it. Their brief moments during the SS match last year was awesome.

I said it before and I'll say it again. Sasha vs Becky was better than Sasha vs Bayley. Best WWE match of 2015. That match made Becky.
That was a great match. The end of it with the crowd singing Becky's theme before it even started playing was perfect.

rrc1594

Cena was going into a title match had no issue with that. They been booking Corbin fine, should have won at WM but now seeing the big picture I see why they didn't.

Edit-Wasn't that match before the RR?

Circling back to this again, but how is it that WWE does such a shit job of showing the scale of events now? I'm watching Mania 8 and the scale they're able to show and convey is so great.

I'm guessing it's 100% production value since everything is so over the top now. For example, having a huge entrance ramp allows for theatrical entrances but making the stars walk down a long aisle does wonders for spectacle IMO.

It's interesting that except maybe PWinsider no one else of the big names is talking about Balor's concussion.

excelsiorlef is low-key the best poster on WrassleGAF.

Hey cheers buddy.

Here have a Too Sweet
f9da4fc5b30a76257844c4cd630ba80cdfa5be07_hq.gif

imBask

Banned
It's interesting that except maybe PWinsider no one else of the big names is talking about Balor's concussion.

Balor is a big name for them so it wouldn't be surprising if they just swept it under the rug

you only get to be injured with a concussion if they don't believe in you

Nekofrog

Banned
You know, nobody should have to defend themselves against "thirsting" for someone when all they've ever done is be a fan of someone who happens to be attractive while also being entertaining and exhibiting clear signs of character growth and improvement. The fact that that the blind accusation of "only liking her because you wanna fuck her" is even an idea that is allowed to be brought up when there has been literally no talk of anything of the sort is suspect and a disgusting reflection of the accuser

Tldr Alexa Bliss is awesome let us enjoy her as fans of her work you disgusting freaks

Caderfix

jesus i laughed so hard my fake man titties slapped each other.

What

You know, nobody should have to defend themselves against "thirsting" for someone when all they've ever done is be a fan of someone who happens to be attractive while also being entertaining and exhibiting clear signs of character growth and improvement. The fact that that the blind accusation of "only liking her because you wanna fuck her" is even an idea that is allowed to be brought up when there has been literally no talk of anything of the sort is suspect and a disgusting reflection of the accuser

Tldr Alexa Bliss is awesome let us enjoy her as fans of her work you disgusting freaks

Nekofrog gets it. I wish he was not a part timer.

Have a triple Too Sweet

Top Bottom