• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Someone correct me if I'm wrong on........any of this, really

So, they used Taker's streak to ultimately get Reigns over, fucked it up the first time a year later (Reigns/Brock), waited 2 years, used Taker's retirement to get Reigns over, fucked that up immediately with a match seemingly everyone's acknowledged as poor, and now will fuck up using the streak again by having the right finish to Reigns/Brock 3 years later (which will undoubtedly be booed to oblivion because nobody's running in at the last minute this time)

It really is amazing that they think it will work this time. Like having a terrible match with Taker was the missing puzzle piece.

Ithil

They probably do many more runs with Diesel hadn't he left.

He bombed as champ, and that was the time when the champ was the draw, not the brand. He wasn't getting another run as top guy after that. He would have been around as a star sure, but not top face.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I watched wrestlemania for 7 hours then headed straight for work for 6am. I have been awake for a very long time. I'm still struggling to make sense of the 7 hours I sat through. Mixed emotions. Disappointing matches almost across the board. HHH Rollins owned though, and the Hardys return had me marking the fuck out. Ending had me cursing then crying.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on........any of this, really

So, they used Taker's streak to ultimately get Reigns over, fucked it up the first time a year later (Reigns/Brock), waited 2 years, used Taker's retirement to get Reigns over, fucked that up immediately with a match seemingly everyone's acknowledged as poor, and now will fuck up using the streak again by having the right finish to Reigns/Brock 3 years later (which will undoubtedly be booed to oblivion because nobody's running in at the last minute this time)

Don't forget that JR came back to put over Reigns.

Can somebody explain the whole Goldberg/Brock feud? I thought the whole thing was built around Bill being able to catch Brock off guard with the spear and Brock being unable to take it. Last night the exact same thing happened again but Brock could suddenly take 4 spears including one through the guardrail for reasons?

Compare it to the night before where Asuka was in a identical situation. She underestimated Ember as a wrestler but she knew Ember had a move that could take her out. Thus she gets desperate when Ember gets her in a position where she can hit her big move and cheats to prevent her from hitting it.

Brock/Berg just doesn't make any sense to me. It's no better than HHH working Seth's knee all match only for Seth to use 100% knee based offence or Bray fucking with Randy all match and having a build where Randy's drained or taken Bray's carnie powers only for the match to end with an RKO out of nowhere.

TNA not getting any better
Karen Jarrett was a guest at Ringside with JR and was asked her thoughts on the women's revolution in wrestling. She stumbled around for a minute or so, then proclaimed she may not be the best person to ask about this topic because in her opinion women shouldn't be in equal standing as men in the wrestling business. She also added that women have no place on the sidelines as sports commentators either.

Scottify

Overall I enjoyed WrestleMania. I thought there were some really great matches, but man, it was just way too long! I get it's their premier event and all, 5 hours is a lot to sit around for.

Can somebody explain the whole Goldberg/Brock feud? I thought the whole thing was built around Bill being able to catch Brock off guard with the spear and Brock being unable to take it. Last night the exact same thing happened again but Brock could suddenly take 4 spears including one through the guardrail for reasons?

Compare it to the night before where Asuka was in a identical situation. She underestimated Ember as a wrestler but she knew Ember had a move that could take her out. Thus she gets desperate when Ember gets her in a position where she can hit her big move and cheats to prevent her from hitting it.

Brock/Berg just doesn't make any sense to me. It's no better than HHH working Seth's knee all match only for Seth to use 100% knee based offence or Bray fucking with Randy all match and having a build where Randy's drained or taken Bray's carnie powers only for the match to end with an RKO out of nowhere.
Yeah that shit annoyed me so much. Most of the attacks Seth did were using his knee, and then he'd sell the knee for about thirty seconds before he next went to use his leg to hurt Triple H again.

Also where the fuck was Joe during this match?

Tall4Life

That's why I get upset at the Nash comparisons.

Not just because I love Reigns, and fuck Kevin Nash, and all. But they gave up on Diesel. They did. This ain't Nash

This is Luger. I loved Luger too, but come on. 2 companies spent a total of 4 or 5 years trying to make Luger happen

WWF did give up on Luger kind of quickly though, with WMX he was never the same

Bray vs Orton was unfortunately what I expected it to be. What a lackluster match with an even more lackluster ending.

Bray looked like a fucking chump.

klonere

Banned
WWF did give up on Luger kind of quickly though, with WMX he was never the same

It's because there was a noticeable impact on business with Luger on top and somewhat viable competition at the time.

Neither of these are true right now with Roman's push.

Ithil

Bray vs Orton was unfortunately what I expected it to be. What a lackluster match with an even more lackluster ending.

I really like Bray, it hurts to see what a loser they've made him into. From WM 30 onward he's done nothing but lose. Even his occasional wins are just to set up a loss.

hhh4uqyr7.gif

Glorious.

Dude has stated several times that the only time he has to train is around midnight. I don't think he's on roids, but that he's actually one of the most committed guys to maintain his badass figure.

He's on something. That level of size and how lean he is gives it away. Regardless, you have to work extremely hard to maintain that look. Definitely impressive.

When this is the culmination of their """"rehabbing"""" him, I think the possibility of him ever being a star is basically done. 4 years in a row now of everyone in the family losing on the biggest stage, 3 of it being himself. The New Streak

In hindsight maybe the pre show wouldn't have been so bad for the women. A five minute match where the stipulation just got quietly dropped from a six pack challenge to just a six woman match.

Caderfix

Now go back to building Strowman and make him destroy Brock clean. Then we'll have a new Big Dog and a better Lesnar
and feed them both to DA DEMON KING for merch numbers

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Glad Roman won. Always good to see the part-timers lose, and let the regular workers get the deserved push.

Yeah, the only thing that could have made that match worse would have been Taker winning. I fear that match was more damaging to Reigns than they figured though. That is 2 really shitty Wrestlemania main events in a row he has been involved in. Neither one really entirely his fault, but that doesn't always matter.

imBask

Banned
man if they're actually calling up
Revival
, it's going to be the biggest mess since they called up the Ascension

i like to imagine triple h is trying to create another group for him to be in so he can be inducted into the hall of fame a record four time. once as himself, once for evolution, once for dx and once for the adventures of triple h, joe and ko

I agree with the lapsed fan. Submissions should finish matches. Also matches would be better if they were shorter embrace MMA instead of this entertainment cluster fuck

Caderfix

I remember liking WCW more than I liked WWF when I was a kid until I was no longer able to watch it due to availability, around 99 or so. I didn't expect it to hold up, but after watching stuff from 96, I think I might like it even better now than I did back then.

Top Bottom