• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

I gotta say, when the Hardyz music hit I lost my shit

LU3E5EJ.gif

My 12-year-old son absolutely marked out when their music hit. What a cool moment.

Caderfix

My 12-year-old son absolutely marked out when their music hit. What a cool moment.

That's great to know. I had no idea people younger than 17 or so would have any attachment to Jeff and Matt, specially with that specific theme. Means there's hope for solo runs.

Can somebody explain the whole Goldberg/Brock feud? I thought the whole thing was built around Bill being able to catch Brock off guard with the spear and Brock being unable to take it. Last night the exact same thing happened again but Brock could suddenly take 4 spears including one through the guardrail for reasons?

Compare it to the night before where Asuka was in a identical situation. She underestimated Ember as a wrestler but she knew Ember had a move that could take her out. Thus she gets desperate when Ember gets her in a position where she can hit her big move and cheats to prevent her from hitting it.

Brock/Berg just doesn't make any sense to me. It's no better than HHH working Seth's knee all match only for Seth to use 100% knee based offence or Bray fucking with Randy all match and having a build where Randy's drained or taken Bray's carnie powers only for the match to end with an RKO out of nowhere.

You're not the only one. I beat this like a dead horse with the same points you bring up. They tossed everything that we knew and had been built since Survivor Series out the window and changed the rules to get Brock over. They completely botched the landing on this feud.

Hello friends.

Just this weeks Smackdown and Raw to go, and I'll leave my hat, coat and gloves in the ring
until Rumble season comes around.

If I could describe last night in one word, it would be 'bloat'. Anyone else got one-word reviews of the Manes to share?

Hello friends.

Just this weeks Smackdown and Raw to go, and I'll leave my hat, coat and gloves in the ring
until Rumble season comes around.

If I could describe last night in one word, it would be 'bloat'. Anyone else got one-word reviews of the Manes to share?

Yawn

That reversal was cool but probably the only decent part of the match. I'm guessing it's pushed to the next Smackdown PPV where they can have a proper weapons match.

imBask

Banned
why would anyone watch Ambrose vs Corbin, ever

I played overwatch with that match playing in the background behind me and I still felt ripped off

Striker

He bombed as champ, and that was the time when the champ was the draw, not the brand. He wasn't getting another run as top guy after that. He would have been around as a star sure, but not top face.
Shawn Michaels' run was bad as well, especially for tickets and shows.

I guess we'll just agree the Kliq sucked.

Speaking of submissions, they really just need to ban the sharpshooter and all its variants. I'm tired of watching the "victims" just lay there with a straight back and their knees being the only things bent backward (which they were built to do).

Barrage

Watching that PPV, live, I would say that was the second-best Mania of all time. There was s just so much great and memorable stuff. I absolutely loved it.

What does it say that one of my only criticisms is that they shoulda closed with Goldberg/Brock?

Edit: in the sake of full disclosure, I was high on edibles from Corbin/Ambrose on.

Caderfix

Speaking of submissions, they really just need to ban the sharpshooter and all its variants. I'm tired of watching the "victims" just lay there with a straight back and their knees being the only thing bent backward (which they were built to do).

When applied correctly, it looks like it's putting pressure on the lower back. It is a good move, it's just that most of the time it is half assed.

Sephzilla

Speaking of submissions, they really just need to ban the sharpshooter and all its variants. I'm tired of watching the "victims" just lay there with a straight back and their knees being the only things bent backward (which they were built to do).

I think it's more that the people backstage need to tell people to not use the sharpshooter unless you can apply it correctly. Cesaro doesn't do a terrible sharpshooter.

Nobody will apply it like the GOAT though

bret_hart_sharpshooter__summer.gif

jmdajr

I think we are stuck with long Wrestlemania's as long as the brand split exists.

I'm whatever about it. It's once a year.

When applied correctly, it looks like it's putting pressure on the lower back. It is a good move, it's just that most of the time it is half assed.

There was a part in the KO/Y2J match where I thought Jericho was going to apply the Lion Tamer... but then he just sat down and did the lame crab instead.

Hmmm I just can't see it. It was like, try for Abigail, nope, try for rko, nope, ring lights, bs. Whatever

BUT MIND GAMES BY WAY OF DIGITAL HD PROJECTOR AND STOCK FOOTAGE OF VARIOUS INSECTS

ReiGun

I still can't believe we live in a world where match of the night was Shane McMahon vs AJ Styles.

Shane McMahon in Two Thousand and fucking Seventeen.

Top Bottom