• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

cordy

Banned
Yeah, he's so broken down at this point I don't think anyone could have carried him to a good match, but AJ could have at least made it passable. Cena wouldn't have blown those strength spots either, so he would have made it better. Shame he went out like that.
Styles and Cena are the only 2 I would have allowed to beat Taker due to what it was. Just man that's one match I'm probably never rewatching.

Hasney

It will be a fun game to see how much Broken stuff they slip into their Hardy Boyz shtick for the time being until the legal situation is sorted. They aren't exactly being subtle so far.

Matt and Reby own the trademark on Broken Matt Hardy. I think Anthem would just do it to be petty and not get anywhere.

ReiGun

It will be a fun game to see how much Broken stuff they slip into their Hardy Boyz shtick for the time being until the legal situation is sorted. They aren't exactly being subtle so far.

I feel like Anthem is just doing this in the hopes WWE will pay them for the gimmick.

Whether or not that will work remains to be seen. I'm sure WWE legal has it pretty much sorted out at this point.

If nothing else, last night showed Matt isn't about to stop. He was in pretty much full broken character.

Caderfix

That's insane. You would think Cena and Taker would have been big ppv $$$ a few years back, maybe even last night.

Along with Sting, Cena is the most obvious Taker mania opponent of all time. I'm still baffled that they wasted Sting with HHH and Cena with a mix tag, while Taker was wasted with Shane and Roman.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_ont7fpw6VU1ro0deeo2_1280.png

Sephzilla

Along with Sting, Cena is the most obvious Taker mania opponent of all time. I'm still baffled that they wasted Sting on HHH and Cena with a mix tag, while Taker was wasted with Shane and Roman.

Yup. They had Sting and Taker on the same Mania card and didn't book the dream match. And didn't book Super Cena vs Undefeated Undertaker either (or just Cena/Taker in general). Taker was pretty much wasted potential after Brock at WM30.

#RelationshipGoals #MizWasRight

So, what grade would you guys give the show overall?

I'm-a go with a generous C-.

The first half of the show (up until the ladder match) was a solid B. Miz/Cena onwards was a C-

Barrage

Roman might have the infamous honor of having two of the worst WrestleMania main events ever. And back to back years, none the less. Like, seriously, how many Mania main events were worse?

Roman is beyond workrate. Roman/Taker is like Hogan/Andre- t wasn't about wrestling. It created a mythology.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
The wreddit thread about that Roman backstage mopey picture is fucking hysterical. I don't get how smarks can turn into the biggest fucking marks sometimes.

He has never had one of those has he? Apart from when he was suspended.
Several weeks leading into last Mania after his vicious beatdown by Triple H

Conveniently missing cities such as Chicago

Word was he was actually getting surgery or something? Deviated septum or something I don't remember

I kind of agree there was a good story somewhere there (the moment when Taker fails to get up was the highlight) but, creating a mythology?

Yeah, no.

I hope Smackdown tomorrow give up on Ziggler. He's shit, he's been shit forever, he's a lame-ass motherfucker making shitty fourth-wall jokes that probably voted for Trump who thinks he's a great heel because he talks slow during promos or thinks he's a great face because he screams his head off during promos and gets red in the face. Miz made him relevant again for a hot second before everyone remembered Ziggler sucked and he should have retired and lost at No Mercy.

Tom Nook

That's insane. You would think Cena and Taker would have been big ppv $$$ a few years back, maybe even last night.

Cena would've been a good final match for Undertaker.

After his loss at WM30, have Taker could've face Sting at 31, Taker vs Shane at 32 was ok (Cena was hurt at the time), then Cena last night.

Rimfya

Banned
Roman might have the infamous honor of having two of the worst WrestleMania main events ever. And back to back years, none the less. Like, seriously, how many Mania main events were worse?
Imagine knowing after Brock/Reigns that would be his best WM ME in three years.

Top Bottom