• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

I really wanted that Progress show lol... but the extra few hours of sleep were nice...

I wish ROH wasn't 40+$ CAD otherwise I'd really work to fit it in but that's a lot of money for a show that's going to overlap with two other shows I've spent money to have access to

That's way too much money compared to month long services that include events for $10-$20. I wouldn't do it.

ElRenoRaven

I really wanted that Progress show lol... but the extra few hours of sleep were nice...

I wish ROH wasn't 40+$ CAD otherwise I'd really work to fit it in but that's a lot of money for a show that's going to overlap with two other shows I've spent money to have access to

Yea 30 bucks in this day and age of 10 & 15 buck ippvs & VODs is insane. More so when you also include FloSlam which has several events a month.

Yea 30 bucks in this day and age of 10 & 15 buck ippvs & VODs is insane. More so when you also include FloSlam which has several events a month.

And WWE network and NJPW World... all are infinitely more affordable.... ROH has their own subscription but they wait like a year to add shows to it (subscription only offers PPVS up to March 2016)

I get that they can't afford to only charge 9.99$ a month for their live shows but damn asking 15 to upwards of 50 per show (they ran two shows back to back on PPV and asked 15 UD a pop) depending on the show is just way too much...

I was willing to do it here because it's WrestleMania weekend but not if I'm gonna have to delay two shows I get on my subscriptions.

ElRenoRaven

And WWE network and NJPW World... all are infinitely more affordable.... ROH has their own subscription but they wait like a year to add shows to it (subscription only offers PPVS up to March 2016)

I get that they can't afford to only charge 9.99$ a month for their live shows but damn asking 15 to upwards of 50 per show (they ran two shows back to back on PPV and asked 15 UD a pop) depending on the show is just way too much...

I was willing to do it here because it's WrestleMania weekend but not if I'm gonna have to delay two shows I get on my subscriptions.

Yup. Didn't even mention those 2 but yea you have to include WWE and NJPW too. That's why ROH needs to work a deal. If they were to join FloSlam for example it would be a huge boost. That won't happen though. Boy would it be glorious though. I can dream. lol

Yup. Didn't even mention those 2 but yea you have to include WWE and NJPW too. That's why ROH needs to work a deal. If they were to join FloSlam for example it would be a huge boost. That won't happen though. Boy would it be glorious though. I can dream. lol

It was in discussion at one point.

Imagine if they worked out a deal with WWE Network or something, I'd pay more to also get ROH live and that back catalogue

There is so much wrestling in the age of the Streaming Internet.

Meanwhile PWG just sells DVDs lol...

I'm glad wwe, wcw, and ecw saved their tapes. Too bad it can't be remastered into 1080p I'm assuming.

Imagine if they worked out a deal with WWE Network or something, I'd pay more to also get ROH live and that back catalogue

They could have an roh addon for $5 bucks. Would be sweet.

ElRenoRaven

Yup. It's insanity I tell you.

With my mum down for the weekend, I've utterly failed with graps so far this weekend, I only caught the back half of that PROGRESS show, and even then I missed the end of the main event.

Looks like I'll be catching up through the week :'( At least I don't have 7 hours of Mania to find time for.

C8R1VhdXgAMCTR1.jpg:small
C8R1VhHXYAArJA9.jpg:small
C8R1VhkXgAI2wVD.jpg:small
https://twitter.com/ThisIs_Progress/status/847937880538439680

This feels weird

With my mum down for the weekend, I've utterly failed with graps so far this weekend, I only caught the back half of that PROGRESS show, and even then I missed the end of the main event.

Looks like I'll be catching up through the week :'( At least I don't have 7 hours of Mania to find time for.

I'm so sad I missed the Progress show.

Argh I am so torn on the ROH show.... I really want to watch it and John and Wai are gonna do a podcast on it... and I realized I can start the event watch till NXT/WWN and then resume it after...

It's not break my bank level or anything (though it is more than I'd normally spend on a single wrestling show) that said if I get the Ringside thing I believe I get 25% off, meaning essentially for the price of the PPV I'd get a month free of ROH back catalog...

Thoughts guys?

Should I do it?

Should I go really nuts and watch 3 shows at the same time even? I can easily run ROH on my TV for it's entirety, run WWN on my lap top screen for the first hour until ROH ends and do what I was always going to do and run TakeOver on my phone... I can easily rewatch TakeOver and it's the event I care the least about I just want to be active in the live WhtsNXT podcast the LAW is doing after lol (otherwise I'd just delay watching the event entirely.)

blah literally why can't ROH not be an hour earlier...

Twitter dot com is telling me that the Ricochet vs Ospreay 10 man at Wrestlecon was suitably nuts
I'm so sad I missed the Progress show.

Argh I am so torn on the ROH show.... I really want to watch it and John and Wai are gonna do a podcast on it... and I realized I can start the event watch till NXT/WWN and then resume it after...

It's not break my bank level or anything (though it is more than I'd normally spend on a single wrestling show) that said if I get the Ringside thing I believe I get 25% off, meaning essentially for the price of the PPV I'd get a month free of ROH back catalog...

Thoughts guys?

Should I do it?

Should I go really nuts and watch 3 shows at the same time even? I can easily run ROH on my TV for it's entirety, run WWN on my lap top screen for the first hour until ROH ends and do what I was always going to do and run TakeOver on my phone... I can easily rewatch TakeOver and it's the event I care the least about I just want to be active in the live WhtsNXT podcast the LAW is doing after lol (otherwise I'd just delay watching the event entirely.)

blah literally why can't ROH not be an hour earlier...

Honestly, and I say this as someone who's paying for PROGRESS, SHIMMER, and Flo this weekend, just find it somewhere and watch it afterwards/tomorrow.

Twitter dot com is telling me that the Ricochet vs Ospreay 10 man at Wrestlecon was suitably nuts

Honestly, and I say this as someone who's paying for PROGRESS, SHIMMER, and Flo this weekend, just find it somewhere and watch it afterwards/tomorrow.

Yah....

I really wanted that fucking Progress Show... I was ready to buy everything and then that completely changed my mindset lol....

Like i was going to get Progress, Shimmer, ROH in addition to the FloSlam stuff but then Progress got fucked up (though I wish I had gotten in because all the matches I wanted to see were on after the stream went up apparently) and now I don;t want to get Shimmer lol and I'm clearly way less into getting the ROH show, even though I still really kinda want to get it lol. Fuck

Yah....

I really wanted that fucking Progress Show... I was ready to buy everything and then that completely changed my mindset lol....

Like i was going to get Progress, Shimmer, ROH in addition to the FloSlam stuff but then Progress got fucked up (though I wish I had gotten in because all the matches I wanted to see were on after the stream went up apparently) and now I don;t want to get Shimmer lol and I'm clearly way less into getting the ROH show, even though I still really kinda want to get it lol. Fuck

Ahh, shit happens. SHIMMER I imagine will have much lower demand, and ROH's stuff has always been solid from what I hear.

Ahh, shit happens. SHIMMER I imagine will have much lower demand, and ROH's stuff has always been solid from what I hear.

Oh not worried about the stream (well except Shimmer a bit lol) I just meant I came down from my fuck it whatever, fuck the cost mindset. Like I'm weird like that, I am a very all or nothing person sometimes, so when it was buy it all I didn't really think about the cost but now that I can't buy it all I am indecisive.

I see this year's wrestling game is free to play on Xbox this weekend. Does it not have a hook like previous years? Austin/wrestlemania through the years/attitude era/etc

Yeah might have to take a hard pass at ROH it comes to 41.99 CAD that's just way too much.. That's basically old WrestleMania PPV pricing, I could talk myself into it if it wasn't overlapping with other shows but I have other options that aren't 40+$

Catching a little of EVOLVE 80. Dying that Riddle finally got some new gear, then changed his Twitter handle like a week later

Sorry to hear about your grandma :(

The kid that shook his head no at being a wrestler like his dad lol

Kid would've coped tons of shit for Biscuits n Gravy Festus being his Dad, plus the whole US -> Japan -> US travel would've been tough on the family at times.

Also wrestling is carny as fuck and money ain't great for the most part lol.

Beefy

Still weird some dude on Gaf in the Mania thread was saying that JBL bullying Mauro was a work... Then said JBL tying people to chairs naked was just part of banter...

Zach

Yeah!

Grandmother finally passed away. She no-sold it til the very end. Thanks for the laughs these past few days, jabronies.
Hope you're doing alright.

jimmy-del-rey-superkick-o.gif

He has such a punchable face.
Jimmy Graffiti!

Anyway, between parties last night I caught the Rock 'n' Rolls' induction speech. The lady and I were rolling. Those carny mother f'ers. What a fever dream. We agreed that they pulled it off in the end with their awkward moment of true love and friendship, though. :')

Wrestlecon live was lit as hell last night, I love the shit out of flippy shenanigans so team ricochet vs team osprey was everything I ever wanted including an impromptu dance battle plus experiencing a classic sandman ecw entrance was amazing as he walked through the crowd with a cigarette and beer and poured it into people's mouths a few feet away from me. Today on the card for me is shimmer, visiting the wwe superstore and nxt.

Jamie OD

I think the exhaustion my friends in Orlando are suffering from today have been transferred over the Atlantic to me. Only watched Spring Break and the two Evolve shows yesterday yet I felt drained getting out of bed this morning. Only interested in seeing the Supershow tonight but I may stick the Kaiju Big Battel replay on when it shows up on FloSlam.

Heroman

Banned

That would kill ROH.

Luschient

Does Scott Hall just have a mountain of toothpicks on standby for whenever he goes out in public?

Loving that Razor jacket

Zach

Beth Phoenix's speech was beautiful.

Did I miss where she thanked Stephanie McMahon for her alleged integral role in elevating women in wrestling, though? 🤔🤔🤔

Top Bottom