• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Kornflayx

Beth Phoenix's speech was beautiful.

Did I miss where she thanked Stephanie McMahon for her alleged integral role in elevating women in wrestling, though? 🤔🤔🤔

Doesn't need to be mentioned. It should be obvious to everyone how pivotal Steph was

Shocked Goldberg isn't on the list and also that Ambrose is that high.
Dean sells merch pretty well. I'm sure if they pushed his stuff as much as they do someone else's, he could be number 2. I wonder if the new day members are in the top 15 considering the merch they pushed last year?

Dean sells merch pretty well. I'm sure if they pushed his stuff as much as they do someone else's, he could be number 2. I wonder if the new day members are in the top 15 considering the merch they pushed last year?
Dean is also a workhorse, didn't he do like 300+ matches and travel like 190000 miles last year?

Foggy

Beth Phoenix's speech was beautiful.

Did I miss where she thanked Stephanie McMahon for her alleged integral role in elevating women in wrestling, though? 🤔🤔🤔

Do we thank the sun for rising in the morning?

Zach

Stop being facetious, nerds.

Trying to decide if I should watch the APA to see if Justin Bradshaw calls Mauro a "pussy" or something... nah, I'll just fast-forward to Teddy.

One thing that's kind of cool is how almost everyone had a mention of Jr in their acceptance speeches last night. What a rolling stone.

Also King mentioned a week or two ago that he'd be announcing a match too. What if.... Jr & King are back at it one more time?

Tall4Life

C8Si80YXcAA2ov6.jpg:large

mrboo001

Banned
There's a really cool interview with the New Day that GQ did. One of the questions is something that has been mentioned a lot is if the New Day should have a match instead of being hosts:

We’re a week away exactly from WrestleMania, which you three are hosting this year. Are you excited for that, or would you rather have a match?
Big E: No.
Xavier: No.
Kofi: Not even close.
This is pretty rarified space, to be the hosts.
Kofi: Think about the people who have hosted. The Rock, Hogan, and us.
Big E: A lot of people are like, “Aren’t you guys disappointed you’re not competing?” But how many people are actually going to have matches? What, 40, maybe? There’s a lot of people in matches.
It’s a huge card.
Big E: So many matches. And there are a few people who are in positions to have these big matches with big moments that are given a lot of time and storytelling. But we were in a position where two months ago we realized that if anything, we’re going to be shotgunned into a story, it’s going to be kind of rushed, it’s not going to be that important, and we’ll probably get 10 minutes. Even last year, that was supposed to be our year, and we were in a match that wasn’t given a lot of time. We had a great entrance and the finish was cool, but…
Xavier: That’s the thing people remember: the entrance and the legends. I feel like if you ask most people, they don’t remember who we even wrestled. So if we had a match at this WrestleMania, very few people would be like, “The New Day and Team X match was pretty cool.” But if it’s like, 10 years from now, people will be like, “Oh, remember when New Day hosted 'Mania?”
Kofi: From our perspective, first of all, we’re going to be all over the show. So that’s way more time than we would have in just a match. But then also, it’s a very unique opportunity for Vince to trust us with.

http://www.gq.com/story/wwe-the-new-day-interview

There's a really cool interview with the New Day that GQ did. One of the questions is something that has been mentioned a lot is if the New Day should have a match instead of being hosts:

http://www.gq.com/story/wwe-the-new-day-interview
Great perspective. When you think about it, they have the best spots on the card and will get the most time too. I this is revolutionary coming from a black men's perspective. 33 years ago, who'd even imagine that 3 successful black males would be hosting as big a show as this coming off of a great year and a half, and setting a record that may never get broken again? I could see them turning heelish again and getting the titles back later this year just so they can finish getting thecombined days record and also sporting those cool new day straps. They need to give them a singles title, they could make the us title interesting, that's if they plan on keeping them tied to Raw.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It was in discussion at one point.

Imagine if they worked out a deal with WWE Network or something, I'd pay more to also get ROH live and that back catalogue

There is so much wrestling in the age of the Streaming Internet.

Meanwhile PWG just sells DVDs lol...
Meltzer says it wasn't pursued because they were in negotiations with WWE for their tape library.

I thought maybe D'Lo had one last run left but my man has put on a lot of weight since I last saw him. I guess fatherhood and not working much does that to you. Hopefully it doesn't get too bad like it was before. Considering he weighed about 400lbs at one point

You know, considering how brutal the other I Quit matches I've seen were, it's a bit odd for this one at WM11 between Bob Backlund and Bret Hart to almost be comedic because of Roddy Piper.

Grandmother finally passed away. She no-sold it til the very end. Thanks for the laughs these past few days, jabronies.

My condolences. Hopefully, the Mania weekend can allow you take your mind off things if and when you need to.

21 years ago Bradshaw made his debut on Raw. You know what happened? Mankind attacked Taker(this was Foley's debut as well, Raw after Mania) to set up a feud that would carry on for 2 years.

Teddy was giving us a history lesson

Top Bottom