• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

I thought for a minute that they might go with the story of Roman being unable to put Taker down. They had signs of it after Taker kicks out from the spear and Roman just spent a good thirty seconds looking utterly flabbergasted.

imBask

Banned
I hope Smackdown tomorrow give up on Ziggler. He's shit, he's been shit forever, he's a lame-ass motherfucker making shitty fourth-wall jokes that probably voted for Trump who thinks he's a great heel because he talks slow during promos or thinks he's a great face because he screams his head off during promos and gets red in the face. Miz made him relevant again for a hot second before everyone remembered Ziggler sucked and he should have retired and lost at No Mercy.

are you ok?

was Ziggler even at WM?

Bronx-Man

Banned
XrRxESL.gif

Creating a mythology

Ithil

Charlotte had the best entrance overall. I like that they didn't skimp on the pyro, though, lots of people got big firework displays and not just the main eventers.

Charlotte had the best entrance overall. I like that they didn't skimp on the pyro, though, lots of people got big firework displays and not just the main eventers.
The angle of her raising her arms while the pyro goes off behind her was really good. She looked legit.

On what planet was that match anywhere close to as good as HHH Rollins?
I kinda disliked HHH vs Rollins. Match was boring until the last five minutes. Shane vs AJ was great.

Joe vs Seth feud is next?

Triple H gonna disappear for six months then come back shouting about how he MADE FINN BALOR. YOU WOULDN'T BE THE DEMON KING IF IT WASN'T FOR THE ORIGINAL KING OF KINGS!

Mahonay

Banned
He slapped a minority about again though, this time a Chinese one.
Dolph should really just start coming out wearing Make America Great Against shirts and complete the circle.

Honestly I don't really want to ever see Dolph on TV again. Fuck he's gotten so awful.

Bronx-Man

Banned
HHH vs Rollins fucking sucked, don't try to defend that garbage.

I bet you marks thought HHH vs Undertaker at WM27 was a good match too.

Joe vs Seth feud is next?

Triple H gonna disappear for six months then come back shouting about how he MADE FINN BALOR. YOU WOULDN'T BE THE DEMON KING IF IT WASN'T FOR THE ORIGINAL KING OF KINGS!

Noooooooooooooo

Also Roman trying to channel hbk at mania 24 was hilarious. Are you an ass kicker or the big baby

Kusagari

It's sad that even if they let Matt keep the Broken gimmick that Queen Reby, King Maxel, Senor Benjamin and Vanguard One are likely not tagging along.

Caderfix

Let's be fair, Taker went up before Reigns had a solid stand to pick him up. You can argue that some of WWE's super humans like Brock, Cesaro, Braun and Cena would've been able to pick him up regardless, but you can't seriously blame someone for not being able to lift a nearly 300lb man without having actual help and without being positioned correctly.

Mahonay

Banned

I guess for some people watching long rest spots after almost every god damn move = great work rate that's super entertaining.

Props to Seth for at least doing the match while being super god damn sick and not fully healed from injury. It was obvious they saved his energy for the last part of the match, which was the smart thing to do given the situation. I did enjoy the finish which is important.

Sephzilla

Let's be fair, Taker went up before Reigns had a solid stand to pick him up. You can argue that some of WWE's super humans like Brock, Cesaro, Braun and Cena would've been able to pick him up regardless, but you can't seriously blame someone for not being able to lift a nearly 300lb man without having actual help and without being positioned correctly.

I think people would be giving Roman a little bit more slack if he hadn't in the past already shown an inability to lift up people. Roman's got a little bit of that Ryback fake strength in him

shanafan

It's sad that even if they let Matt keep the Broken gimmick that Queen Reby, King Maxel, Senor Benjamin and Vanguard One are likely not tagging along.

Does Impact Wrestling really own the personality? Can't Vince just write them a check and own the rights?

I understand not thinking HHH/Rollins was great or anything, but terrible? What?

It was a standard "no holds barred" Mania match, had it's moments. At least it felt more personal than Jericho/Owens

I think some of the chair bits dragged a little but it doesn't help that they're allowed to do fuck all nowadays

Beefy

Dolph should really just start coming out wearing Make America Great Against shirts and complete the circle.

Honestly I don't really want to ever see Dolph on TV again. Fuck he's gotten so awful.

Dolph is just a white version of Crews, both are soulless.

Roman is strong. I blame the 52 year old man.

Joke post?

Trips is done as a main eventer, least he may have surgery now and fuck off for a while?

I guess for some people watching long rest spots after almost every god damn move = great work rate that's super entertaining.

There's nothing wrong with the occasional long rest spot

There's everything wrong with that after every move

You....wouldn't....like......that......in.....conver......sations.....,...why.....would.....you.....in......7.......hour.....pro....gram.......ming....

Triple H won't go away. The guy has been beaten by a younger guy like three times now (Bryan, Roman, Seth) but he probably thinks beating Sting at WM31 gives him enough legitimacy to stick around to fight Finn. Then he'll probably Nakamura because Nakamura was a nobody until da Game took him under his wing and made him a star!

But then he'll turn on KO because KO was nothing before Triple H handed him the belt.

By the time he's feuded with KO, we'll have Kenny Omega in the WWE and Triple H will snarl about how he's the superior Terminator entrance user!

Beefy

I would agree if we haven't seen it before.

I think people would be giving Roman a little bit more slack if he hadn't in the past already shown an inability to lift up people. Roman's got a little bit of that Ryback fake strength in him

Yep. Like when Roman could barely lift Sheamus.

gun_haver

Well, there's a huge amount of negativity everywhere I look about this, but I guess that's just to be expected.

I thought Undertaker's last match being pretty messy with him staggering around like that made it sadder, so at least it carried some emotion through that.

It at least felt like a proper WM, unlike last year which was really just boring and horrible. There weren't any real standout matches but there were a lot of highs and lows, I wasn't bored that often, but then I got up and left it on a few times during the Cena/Miz and HHH/Rollins matches. With those matches, I like everyone involved, but I kind of know how they wrestle and didn't really feel glued to the screen to watch it.

Randy/Bray was the only thing that disappointed me really - it was going along okay, nice magic tricks, but then it ended in what felt like phase 1 of 3, with a simple RKO. Surely they could have had snakes appear on the ring as Randy did his rko taunt. It would've at least finished the match off in a way that suited the feud. I actually thought they were going to do something with this match, and I guess they kind of did, but it just trailed off.

It's weird - WWE seemingly never goes all out. They plan and build and 'save things' for big shows and then the big shows come and they don't really go all out there, either. I suppose this is the great trick of it all, and the reason why viewers act like they are held hostage by WWE. They never give you the show you wanted, but they'll give you glimpses of it to make you think 'man when they get this right...' and keep watching forever, waiting for that catharsis, which will never come.

cordy

Banned
Meltz made a comment about Shane at ppv and judging his comparison, like some of us have been saying, because he's Vince's son he could do things others couldn't do. That's just sadly how it is. Yeah they had a great match but don't think everybody at the ppv could go at their full potential like Shane could. Styles is one part of the equation but some guys just don't get a chance to go all out like that.

Top Bottom