• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Ithil

I would agree if we haven't seen it before.

Yep. Like when Roman could barely lift Sheamus.
grQlEt9.gif

oPdWZ8.gif

Yes I'm aware the positioning is easier for Cena but come on now.

Caderfix

I would agree if we haven't seen it before.

Blaming him for those TERRIBLE lifting powerbombs while the announcers yelled "LOOK AT THE POWER OF REIGNS!" is 100% understandable, but blaming Reigns for what happened during that sport last night is not. Just look at the GIF, You can say he fucked up by not being able to improvise after it failed, but people are acting as if he "simply" dropped Taker, with total disregard with Taker's bad timing which, honestly, is to blame.

jmdajr

Meltz made a comment about Shane at ppv and judging his comparison, like some of us have been saying, because he's Vince's son he could do things others couldn't do. That's just sadly how it is. Yeah they had a great match but don't think everybody at the ppv could go at their full potential like Shane could. Styles is one part of the equation but some guys just don't get a chance to go all out like that.

Worked out great for Brock at Wrestlemania 19!

Luschient

I really can not remember the last time I marked out as hard as I did when the Hardy's came out and then won the tag belts.

Same here, said "fuck yea" out loud and then the rest of the match was in "please let the Hardys win this" mode.

That was worth any other garbage I sat through last night.

Mahonay

Banned
Blaming him for those TERRIBLE lifting powerbombs while the announcers yelled "LOOK AT THE POWER OF REIGNS!" is 100% understandable, but blaming Reigns for what happened during that sport last night is not. Just look at the GIF, You can say he fucked up by not being able to improvise after it failed, but people are acting as if he "simply" dropped Taker, with total disregard with Taker's bad timing which, honestly, is to blame.
Fault goes on both guys.

As the "top guy" you're supposed to have the ability to call audibles in these situations and make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Yes Taker obviously didn't swing around fully and then just couldn't even attempt a second try, but if Roman is really your number one guy leading your company you should know how the fuck to handle these situations when shit goes wrong.

If this was Cena vs Taker this year I GUARANTEE it would have been a better match.

jmdajr

Fault goes on both guys.

As the "top guy" you're supposed to have the ability to call audibles in these situations and make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Yes Taker obviously didn't swing around fully and then just couldn't even attempt a second try, but if Roman is really your number one guy leading your company you should know how the fuck to handle these situations when shit goes wrong.

If this was Cena vs Taker this year I GUARANTEE it would have been a better match.

Cena could have literally carried him.

I listened to that HHH podcast with his trainer and he says he doesn't do anything in the ring that he sucks at.
Just focus on what you are good at and let other people do what they are good at. Makes sense.

Anyhow, wonder if Reigns is still thinking about that botch.

Sephzilla

Taker honestly did everything he could on his end to get that Tombstone reversal set up. That botch was on Reigns, and Reigns made it look even worse by attempting it again and botching it again instead of improvising and doing something else.

Hasney

Taker honestly did everything he could on his end to get that Tombstone reversal set up. That botch was on Reigns, and Reigns made it look even worse by attempting it again and botching it again instead of improvising and doing something else.

I did like the panic mode Superman Punch though. "SHIT IT'S NOT WORKING. UHHH THIS WORKS".

Mahonay

Banned
Can we talk about how great Charlotte, I wish she didn't keep dropping the title and her title reigns meant something.
She should have gone in as champ and retained last night.

The erratic booking for those women is really ruining their potential. It's annoying as hell.

Ithil

He did improvise, he stopped after two attempts, made Undertaker stand up and did another super manpunch to knock Undertaker back down. If there's a better improvisation to a failed tombstone reversal I'd like to see it.

Mahonay

Banned
Fuck knows. But him going on about Maryse being in her underwear and Miz being a bad dude and turning her down or some shit. Then going on about women in the kitchen..
I'm glad I couldn't really hear the commentary between the TV not being that loud and talking to my friend.

Things I learned this weekend.

Tye Dillinger continues to be the most mismanaged person on the roster.

Bobby Roode, is a top 10 wrestler in the world.He is a god damn psychology wizard, one of the best on the business.

Ill miss Goldberg, it was nice to have him finish the way it should have over a decade ago.

Orton is exactly who I thought he was, one of the most over rated personalities, and wrestlers of this generation.

How many matches has Brey won?

Stephanie is GOAT, in every way. Jesus.

Roman will never be over, unless they do something different. Its not rocket science WWE. the most stubborn bastards ever.

Muted the crowd ruins the match, so stupid.

Ithil

I did like the panic mode Superman Punch though. "SHIT IT'S NOT WORKING. UHHH THIS WORKS".

I now wonder if he's at home in the kitchen and is struggling to get a jar lid off, that he just immediately does a super manpunch on the wall and breaks his hand.

Caderfix

Fault goes on both guys.

I'm talking about the failed attempt at the tombstone reversal. The improvisation stuff is on him, I even said that too.

Sephzilla

He did improvise, he stopped after two attempts, made Undertaker stand up and did another super manpunch to knock Undertaker back down. If there's a better improvisation to a failed tombstone reversal I'd like to see it.

I just mean he shouldn't have attempted the failed tombstone a second time. That made it look worse.

Can we talk about how great Charlotte, I wish she didn't keep dropping the title and her title reigns meant something.

I mentioned this in the Mania OT, Charlotte's progression has been legitimately amazing. When her and the four horsewomen were in NXT I think it would be easy to say that Charlotte was the worst of the three. But man, she's rocketed past them all since going to the main roster.

Mahonay

Banned
Chokeslam. Even if it's a shitty chokeslam. Better than the panic Super Man punch.

Also Roman should have laid their for a little looking shocked after they fell over on the second attempt. He did nothing to make it not look like a horrible botch for their planned match. Roman is fucking terrible at psychology

Tom Nook

Fault goes on both guys.

Yes, they could've done Taker vs Cena last night. I believe they could've done it last year (32) but Cena was hurt at the time.

Shoot: Bayley is the weakest of the 4 horsewomen.
She's easily the worst on the mic. Even in NXT it was her big issue and she can't even shoot talk right given her Raw Talk performance.

I'm not sure where to rank them. Charlotte probably tops it currently for me. She's a fantastic all around package.

Charlotte is also by far the biggest success of the PC and will probably always be their big success.

I mentioned this in the Mania OT, Charlotte's progression has been legitimately amazing. When her and the four horsewomen were in NXT I think it would be easy to say that Charlotte was the worst of the three. But man, she's rocketed past them all since going to the main roster.
Charlotte is only in her position because of her father

And because of her in ring ability

And her mic skills

And the way she carries herself

Wait

Uh....green!

Gurrry

Still the worst part of Mania for me was King.

You mean King and JBL.

Putting them both together so they can try and ram their shitty dad jokes in commentary is like listening to nails on a chalkboard.

I really wish JBL would go away. King is already relegated to pre-show. He just needs to stay there.

Top Bottom