• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Ithil

I just mean he shouldn't have attempted the failed tombstone a second time. That made it look worse.

Chokeslam. Even if it's a shitty chokeslam. Better than the panic Super Man punch.

Also Roman should have laid their for a little looking shocked after they fell over on the second attempt. He did nothing to make it not look like a horrible botch for their planned match. Roman is fucking terrible at physiology.

My sarcasm is not strong enough, darn.

In all honesty he should have just grabbed a chinlock or something. I've seen AJ and Nakamura switch to a submission lightning fast as soon as a move is clearly being botched, it works as a coverup.

I hope Charlotte gets drafted to Smackdown. Her and Becky was the feud that actually made the Diva's Revolution finally feel like something. Without the shittiness of Ric Flair making out with Becky and the coat throwing and with the massive progression Charlotte's made it could be a great feud.

Mahonay

Banned
My sarcasm is not strong enough, darn.

In all honesty he should have just grabbed a chinlock or something.
I suck at reading text sarcasm sometimes.

Yeah, something to slow it down for a moment. Going into panic mode is the last thing you should be doing in the main event, even if it's going badly.

jmdajr

Charlotte is only in her position because of her father

And because of her in ring ability

And her mic skills

And the way she carries herself

Wait

Uh....green!

Charlotte looked so good last night. Hey entrance was absolutely spectacular.
FlairTears*

Beefy

I'm glad I couldn't really hear the commentary between the TV not being that loud and talking to my friend.

You were lucky. It put me off a already okish match with a annoying finish.

The worst part was when he said that no one waa chanting for miz but the guys in the front. Lol! That crowd was wild for him the whole crowd. I was even surprised myself that everyone was for him.

Yeah Miz had a huge pop. King needs to be retired.

Mahonay

Banned
Double shoot: Charlotte's the only great one, the rest range from "meh" to "pretty good."
I'd say that's fair.

Booking hasn't helped them though. Charlotte is just a god damn once in a lifetime type talent and is able to shine through things like lackluster booking.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I did like the panic mode Superman Punch though. "SHIT IT'S NOT WORKING. UHHH THIS WORKS".

lmao thats all he's got really, after the first failed attempt he could have asily did a reverse ddt or just have taker stay on the mat and lay into him

I think the most annoying part is he should of come off as a heel but he didnt and if anythin this match made him look even WEAKER and fans are gonig to boo him worse.

I'm muddled on what to think about Sasha. Ring work is great, if a bit worrying with the way she bumps. I always get this feeling she's gonna fuck her neck up and be the next Daniel Bryan in that regards.

Her mic work as a face is terrible. I wonder how it'll turn out when she's heel.

Mahonay

Banned
GOAT theme

david-flair-running.gif

TheStruggler

Roman's like Ryback in the sense that they're both muscular looking guys who are actually not as strong as you'd imagine.

Ryback could hold his own with his strength he just generally was stiff in the ring, the gorrilla press onto table I mean concrete #neverforget

Caderfix

Don't worry, tonight on Raw we'll get a CGI reedition of the tombstone reversal in which Reigns succeeds without much effort while the crowd cheers him on. That will also be added to the Mania event on the network.

TheStruggler

Miz sounds like a pretty shitty heel if he got big mad cheers at the most casual audience of the year

he has been on fire lately and facing Cena at wrestlemania. Plus him and his wife doing those skits was god tier, of course that stuff would get him over with the crowd.

Sephzilla

So, I know that we sort of gave Shane shit for being a waste of Styles and I know he was in the ring with AJ Styles and Styles is probably the best wrestler on the planet right now, but can we at least give a little credit and acknowledge that Shane isn't that bad of a wrestler? He held his own in that match

So, I know that we sort of gave Shane shit for being a waste of Styles and I know he was in the ring with AJ Styles and Styles is probably the best wrestler on the planet right now, but can we at least give a little credit and acknowledge that Shane isn't that bad of a wrestler? He held his own in that match
Dude is 47 and busted out a fucking SSP.

He gets my respect.

rrc1594

Shane is amazing I can watch him jump and miss at things all day.

Beefy

He needs to work on his cardio though man. Apart from that I agree.

Tom Nook

It was the Surprise Match of the night for me.

I was expecting KO/Jericho to be the one.

Top Bottom