• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I like that rumor going around that Vince basically told Triple H that he doesn't know how to be a heel

How are you going to be a 'heel' and then open up NXT with your WE R NXT promo. Worst part of the Authority is how fucking inconsistent they are. That's why I liked Russo. He was always a dickhead on screen. Even when he was doing the thing that would get 'cheers' (pushing young guys) he still got heat.

Kaladin

at becky's bruise and emma's bicep tbh.

i wonder how long charlotte retains for. I really wanted becky to win (or sasha)

I predict Charlotte has the belt for a while. If they're starting a new lineage with a belt that has a new emphasis on wrestling, they want her to start off with a long run to give the belt meaning.

Kevin Owens dresses like a fucking bum. Like someone who goes in his backyard to wrestle. He'll never hold Vince's main title looking like a wannabe.

Laws00

Kevin Owens dresses like a fucking bum. Like someone who goes in his backyard to wrestle. He'll never hold Vince's main title looking like a wannabe.
speaking of, were these games any good?

1219574-backyard_wrestling_dont_try_this_at_home.jpg

Bubba T

PS2 = GOAT console. So many good games. So many games.

Baron Corbin...I don't know what to say. He's like a charisma vacuum.

UberTag

Baron Corbin...I don't know what to say. He's like a charisma vacuum.
He wrestled Nakamura tonight. Did he literally suck all of the charisma off of the King of Strong Style and inject it into hammerspace? Is such a thing even possible?

UberTag

I think it's one of those adult colouring books. The kind that has the complicated spaces and stuff good for stress relief
At least he can still dress himself (albeit terribly) and he's not wearing adult diapers. It could always be worse.
And he knows better than to attempt to cook a S'more in a microwave.

RBH

This year’s WWE Fastlane was the least purchased WWE PPV in history. While WWE is focused primarily on signing up WWE Network subscribers, they do still make the shows available via PPV. Fastlane did 18,000 PPV buys in North America and 25,000 PPV buys outside of North America for a total of 43,000 PPV buys. Last year’s WWE Fastlane did a total of 56,000 PPV buys. This year’s WWE Fastlane was headlined by Dean Ambrose vs Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar in a match to determine Triple H’s opponent for WrestleMania 32.
I'd honestly like to meet the people who are still buying WWE PPVs the old-fashioned way.

KingBroly

Banned
So at nxt live tonight they setup a womens title match between asuka and eva marie tomorrow in colombia. Eva supposedly had the belt wrapped in a shirt but me thinks otherwise lol. More when i get home

mouserat

Neo Member
what do you guys think of kayfabe storylines that mirror 'shoot' sentiments like the AJ/Reigns stuff, or Corbin talking about indie darlings?

I think on paper it's a dope way to keep casual/'IWC' fans invested in storylines in the same way and a smart evolution of the business, on the other hand I feel like WWE's three thousand writers have the combined creative nous of whoever scripts NCIS and even if they were as good as Shakespeare they still couldn't do it with Vince meddling in every storyline with the deftness and subtlety of a meth smoking rhino.

JavyOO7

I'd honestly like to meet the people who are still buying WWE PPVs the old-fashioned way.

Probably people who don't have fast enough internet.

And its bull WWE still charges $50 plus for an HD feed of the PPV. Reduce it to $10, man...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
what do you guys think of kayfabe storylines that mirror 'shoot' sentiments like the AJ/Reigns stuff, or Corbin talking about indie darlings?

I think on paper it's a dope way to keep casual/'IWC' fans invested in storylines in the same way and a smart evolution of the business, on the other hand I feel like WWE's three thousand writers have the combined creative nous of whoever scripts NCIS and even if they were as good as Shakespeare they still couldn't do it with Vince meddling in every storyline with the deftness and subtlety of a meth smoking rhino.

I think Russo did it 15 years ago and got a bunch of shit for it.

Imagine a day in the future when WWE isn't centered around the McMahon family or being combative with the fans.

No end in sight

Top Bottom