• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

JavyOO7

I wanna say that in 97 that Nitro had the better matches. I say this because of the luchadors. Mind you I hardly watched WWF after late '95.

I could be wrong though! I gotta make the time to watch all that I missed eventually...

Damn. Blue's going to overtake me soon if I'm not careful. He's speeding through 1998.
I just finished SNH 17 1 99

I wanna say that in 97 that Nitro had the better matches. I say this because of the luchadors. Mind you I hardly watched WWF after late '95.

I could be wrong though! I gotta make the time to watch all that I missed eventually...
The Luchadors were the only thing to capture my attention lol. All the other wrestling, I felt was boring. But this is what I remember from a 4 year old perspective.

Time for some smacklettdown

They're cheering the hell out that arena for Roman.

WCW had so much merchandise, it's ridiculous. A lot of it ended up in big lots.

Why is this bitch Byron on SD?

UberTag

It has potential to lead to them being totally fucked if they're responsible for royalties on Network content to anyone contracted to them.
Any chance this opens the floodgates for someone else to file claim if Dupree fucked himself by signing that 2011 contract? I mean, not everyone signed such a thing, right?

Kaladin

Any chance this opens the floodgates for someone else to file claim if Dupree fucked himself by signing that 2011 contract? I mean, not everyone signed such a thing, right?

There certainly is potential, and I've seen mention of Jesse Ventura winning a similar case years ago for their use of recorded footage.

Anth0ny

Raw in early 98 is even worse than Raw today. Austin is basically the only reason to watch. When does the overall show in the attitude era get good? Early 98 so far is like 2 good segments a show maybe.

no it's not.

austin alone made those shows better than the shit we get today. plus you had rock, foley, dx...

2 good segments a show shits on most raws nowadays. plus it was only 2 hours.

RBH

Vaudevillains up next on Smackdown

CfeqKL2W4AE57TS.jpg

I can't imagine different language was in everybody's contract about that type of thing. Only difference is people like Rene are no longer in the company

You will have rest holds, headlocks, some heel tag team work, a hot tag, a babyface comeback and LIKE IT!
Wait, they're heel? I always figured they were face(I've never seen them in action). Then again they are Villians.

Two horses left the stable in the last 48 hours. The cattle need to be moved and they need cowboys to do so. In this life and the next.
- Cody Rhodes

somedevil

Here is the NXT card in Charlotte tonight:

Finn Balor and Nakamura vs Baron Corbin and Tye Dillenger
Asuka vs Petyon Royce
Austin Aries vs La Sombra
Alpha vs Revival
Riley vs Blake
Eva vs Carmella
John Skyler vs the Drifter
No Way Jose vs Riddick Moss

edit: Vicky is in the crowd watching English who is technically a guerrero now

TraBuch

Banned
After watching a bunch of Malenko matches earlier, I've moved on to Ultimo Dragon and all I can think is "Jesus, why the hell wasn't I watching WCW in the mid 90s?" People like Malenko and Ultimo Dragon were doing then things people don't even do now.

Kaladin

After watching a bunch of Malenko matches earlier, I've moved on to Ultimo Dragon and all I can think is "Jesus, why the hell wasn't I watching WCW in the mid 90s?" People like Malenko and Ultimo Dragon were doing then things people don't even do now.

WCW found lightning in a bottle with their cruiserweight division. It's a shame they didn't put even more of a spotlight on it as it really was the part of Nitro that holds up the most on re-watching the product today.

UberTag

I still think it'll be cool if they added a 7 foot muscular bald headed guy.

Someone who has a body like bluto and wears the singlet strap.

1333274759_Bluto.jpg
If Kurrgan wasn't still landing acting gigs, he'd be a perfect candidate to come back and fill that role.

You want them to be paired with Big Show?
Big Show when he first appeared as Paul Wight or rookie Giant could fill the spot because he had a good proportioned body. Now, its not so good.

If Kurrgan wasn't still landing acting gigs, he'd be a perfect candidate to come back and fill that role.
Don't even mention that name. They really fucked him up, they could've done more with Kurrgan, at least he found better success in movies.
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL...
No no no!

Lothar

Banned
There were still a lot of really rough kinks to work out in the under and middle card in 98 for RAW. Nitro in 98 still had that locked down tight, IMO. It's just that the top of the card was overwhelmingly better than WCW (it almost always was).

I think nearly everything involving Austin, Rock, Foley, Shawn, Undertaker, Kane, Owen, and Shamrock were pretty solid. Val Venis, the Godfather, Gangrel, Edge, and DX were fun and entertaining.

With Nitro you were just guaranteed 1 or 2 good cruiserweight matches a night and a Jericho promo in about 3 hours. Raw was usually more fun top to bottom. I remember it being hard to switch to Nitro. There was more energy about it. It didn't make you sit through things like Buff Bagwell vs Lex Luger, Mongo McMichael vs Stevie Ray, Horace vs Vincent, and endless NWO speeches.

Still shocked Big Show appeared in the Remix of Sisqo's "Thong Song". Show was one of the first to hit it big
I remember when MTV dropped that exclusive video, I was like holy shit when I saw big show. Obviously at that time, any time there was wrestling involved in something, I made a big deal.

Top Bottom