• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Jim Ross will add another award to his legendary career next week in Las Vegas. The WWE Hall of Fame announcer will receive the Cauliflower Alley Club's NWA Award during the group's annual reunion April 11-13.

The Cauliflower Alley Club is comprided of both retired and active professional wrestlers and boxers in North America.

Ross, currentlly the voice of New Japan Wrestling on AXS TV and a FOX Sports contributing writer, will get a title belt unlike any other with as part of the presentation. The reunion runs from April 11-13 in Las Vegas.

"Jim Ross is an icon in sports broadcasting, not just in wrestling," NWA President Bruce Tharpe said in a statement. "and it is an honor to induct him into the NATIONAL WRESTLING ALLIANCE Hall of Fame."

Check out how cool this piece of hardware is:

Amont the other greats being honored are: Arn Anderson, "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff, Ken Patera and legendary WWE women's wrestler Trish Stratus.
http://www.foxsports.com/wwe/story/...-ross-nwa-award-cauliflower-alley-club-040616

shanafan

Scott Hall is swaft.

ezgif-1268489375.gif

Yep, it's maybe 12 years old. That was my first dirt sheet site I'd visit on a daily basis.

It's way older than that. It's been around since the late-90s. I remember them reporting in 1999 that Viscera died in a car accident on the way to Raw swerving to avoid a cat in the road.

klonere

Banned
I keep having to remind myself that Ospreay is 22. 22! And he's already got that aura of a big star. As long as he gets over his fetish for landing on his head, he's gonna have an incredible run. Can't wait for Invasion Attack on Sunday.

I keep having to remind myself that Ospreay is 22. 22! And he's already got that aura of a big star. As long as he gets over his fetish for landing on his head, he's gonna have an incredible run. Can't wait for Invasion Attack on Sunday.

Yeah, it's going to be mad seeing Will on such a big stage already at this stage in his career - it's easy to forget he's so young, there's so much hype about him and he's already made a name for himself in the US, now he's going to make a name for himself in Japan as well. Crazy.

Already I notice some of the wrestling hipsters turning on him though, not UK folk mind, but guys who watch him do some flips in PWG and decide that's all he's good for. I keep saying that the flips are what brought him to the dance, but anyone who's paid attention to his babyface work in PROGRESS and his heel work in IPW:UK should know there's more to him than that.

Browny

Banned
Obligatory:

mrmix9Y.gif

And it's a super special Friday too - the lady is taking the daughters away for the weekend, so I'm FFFFRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! And I've taken Monday and Tuesday off work too, so I'm SUPER FFFFRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

This joy is tempered by the fact that I'm going to Ikea twice - but still...

Probably people who don't have fast enough internet.

And its bull WWE still charges $50 plus for an HD feed of the PPV. Reduce it to $10, man...

PPV providers wouldn't allow that, they were already pissed about the WWE Network.

It's way older than that. It's been around since the late-90s. I remember them reporting in 1999 that Viscera died in a car accident on the way to Raw swerving to avoid a cat in the road.

Heh, I wonder if that was one of those stories the Scotsman and people who followed him got the "Wrasslin' Newz" sites to report back then to expose just how awful those sites were.

Kurita

I came across promos for Wrestling Kindgom 9 and 10 on Youtube, that Okada dude looks cool as fuck. I need to watch some NJPW someday, the promos hyped me even though I'd never heard of the guys before. In 3 minutes I understood everyhing at stake for that Tanahashi vs Okada match at WK9, that's how good it was.

mouserat

Neo Member
Remember when pre-Vaudevillians English use to come to the NXT ring singing his silly little songs? That sure was something, and better than The Drifter's gimmick.

https://youtu.be/Yc5Ro2yEgHs

urgh I hated that whole thing. the gimmick was fine for NXT, but the styling was so wrong, his accent was wonky and dumb, and the guy couldn't sing a lick. I skipped his matches I hated it so much.

Anyone else get tickets for NXT Liverpool this morning?
Its probably going to be the takeover as its on the Wednesday and i think its the biggest arena of the tour.

UberTag

I came across promos for Wrestling Kindgom 9 and 10 on Youtube, that Okada dude looks cool as fuck. I need to watch some NJPW someday, the promos hyped me even though I'd never heard of the guys before. In 3 minutes I understood everyhing at stake for that Tanahashi vs Okada match at WK9, that's how good it was.
2772679_orig.gif

The simplicity of it's appealing - there's a language barrier, but it doesn't matter as much when the storylines are kept refreshingly simple.

Invasion Attack is this Sunday (8AM UK time, 3AM East Coast) and it should be a great show - perfect time to jump on board with NJPW World (http://njpwworld.com). Okada's wrestling Tetsuya Naito in the main event, which I personally can't wait to see.

Kurita

Thanks, I'll check it out.
Actually there's no real language barrier for me since I'm studying Japanese haha
Watching this is a good way to learn some stuff.

Browny

Banned
The simplicity of it's appealing - there's a language barrier, but it doesn't matter as much when the storylines are kept refreshingly simple.

Invasion Attack is this Sunday (8AM UK time, 3AM East Coast) and it should be a great show - perfect time to jump on board with NJPW World (http://njpwworld.com). Okada's wrestling Tetsuya Naito in the main event, which I personally can't wait to see.

This is a Sunday morning I can get behind. I knew I was going to re-sub for G1, may as well do it earlier.

Thanks, I'll check it out.
Actually there's no real language barrier for me since I'm studying Japanese haha
Watching this is a good way to learn some stuff.

One word that should crop up a lot is "lariatooooooo!!!!"

Watching puroresu has taught me all manner of pointless Japanese phrases that probably wouldn't be of any use if I visited there :p

Ichao Bakayaro
Okiotsuke Kudasai! ABUNAIII!!
Honjitsu no main event: IWGP Hebbyque-senshen, rokujuppun, ippon shobu okonaimasu!

Anyone else get tickets for NXT Liverpool this morning?
Its probably going to be the takeover as its on the Wednesday and i think its the biggest arena of the tour.

Am I going insane, or did they not already announce that the next Takeover in June 8th at Full Sail? Hopefully not though, another UK takeover would be much better.

Fox318

Am I going insane, or did they not already announce that the next Takeover in June 8th at Full Sail? Hopefully not though, another UK takeover would be much better.
Honestly part of me wonders if they could fill up a stadium for a takeover.

Since it appears Vince is terified of doing a ppv in anywhere that isn't the us.

Vince probably just wants to locate full time to corpus Christi because Roman is the most over there.

Wait...what the FUCK!? Son of Havoc is Matt Cross!? AKA Jason Cross of ancient TNA shows AKA MDOGG 20 of CZW!? Him, AJ Styles and Jimmy Yang all trained together in WWA4!

Wow. I totally didn't recognize the guy with the beard and with the spots he's using as Son of Havoc. He was always jacked but damn did he ever put on mass. Glad to see him finally goin places!

Jason Cross and Matt Cross are not the same guy haha.

UberTag

Titus O'Neil's suspension is over today.

tumblr_ns4j7qWf2L1upwbh0o1_400.gif
We need to have a tracker somewhere counting the number of days that lapse between the end of Titus' suspension and his reappearance (if any) on WWE television.

As well as from now until his first televised match (if any).
As well as from now until his first televised win (if any).

Fox318

Schiavone just described a side headlock as "lethal."
A SHOOT headlock can be.

Plus if you get the arm you can push your hips in and get an easy slam working to a pin.

You can't bridge out of a headlock pin so you would have to flay out and work to escape the ring.

Zach

A SHOOT headlock can be.

Plus if you get the arm you can push your hips in and get an easy slam working to a pin.

You can't bridge out of a headlock pin so you would have to flay out and work to escape the ring.
"...and don't even get me started on when you illegally place your feet on the ropes for added leverage and lethality..."

Cagey

Banned

It's nice of Roman to give that Little Leaguer a pat on the shoulder for a good effort on national TV. Sure, his team didn't win the game, but he still played his heart out and earned a trip to Chuck E Cheese with dad.

I need to start watching Smackdown now.

Fox318

It's nice of Roman to give that Little Leaguer a pat on the shoulder for a good effort on national TV. Sure, his team didn't win the game, but he still played his heart out and earned a trip to Chuck E Cheese with dad.

I need to start watching Smackdown now.
Are you saying that AJ should cut The Executioner's promo from wrestlemania 1?

"IM A BIG LEAGUER"

Cagey

Banned
I like that rumor going around that Vince basically told Triple H that he doesn't know how to be a heel

How are you going to be a 'heel' and then open up NXT with your WE R NXT promo. Worst part of the Authority is how fucking inconsistent they are. That's why I liked Russo. He was always a dickhead on screen. Even when he was doing the thing that would get 'cheers' (pushing young guys) he still got heat.

Triple H can't resist an opportunity to get the crowd to cheer him while heel. He's never fully heel, he's just "the super cool bad guy who's bad but also super cool".

Fox318

Triple H can't resist an opportunity to get the crowd to cheer him while heel. He's never fully heel, he's just "the super cool bad guy who's bad but also super cool".
Being the head of NXT is the closest HHH has ever been to being over.

If I'm booking the main event of mania Roman should have squashed him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watching puroresu has taught me all manner of pointless Japanese phrases that probably wouldn't be of any use if I visited there :p

Ichao Bakayaro
Okiotsuke Kudasai! ABUNAIII!!
Honjitsu no main event: IWGP Hebbyque-senshen, rokujuppun, ippon shobu okonaimasu!
I read the last one in the appropriate voice.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I like that rumor going around that Vince basically told Triple H that he doesn't know how to be a heel

How are you going to be a 'heel' and then open up NXT with your WE R NXT promo. Worst part of the Authority is how fucking inconsistent they are. That's why I liked Russo. He was always a dickhead on screen. Even when he was doing the thing that would get 'cheers' (pushing young guys) he still got heat.
Apparently the thing going around is that he can't resist wanting to be loved, which gives some pretty serious dissonance when he's trying to work a full heel program. It shows.

Top Bottom