• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Ugh, terrible news for me and the NXT show in Tulsa. About a month ago I made plans with the missus to see that shitty Cap America movie in some shit and it happens to be on sat the 7th at 10pm. Fuck. Could see the first half of the show, and maybe a little more, but this is breaking my heart. I don't want Cap in my America, I want Nak America.

If the result of this match is the entire reason you were watching wrestlemania you should not have watched wrestlemania

reschedule for an earlier showing

I just realized that they're most likely going to ruin Zayn vs Owens at Payback. That's a WM matchup, or at LEAST a Summerslam storyline

I'm just going to enjoy the match up while its on a PPV, by the end of the year Raw will have run them into the ground in a surge of meaningless rematches.

Two indie guys? That's no Mania match.

They didn't even give us Punk/Bryan at Mania or Summerslam. They did it at whatever show was after Extreme Rules at the time.

That was hilarious. Full card from first match to last:

Preshow: Kane beat Ryder

Regular show:
Christian wins Battle Royal
Kofi/Truth defend tag titles against Dolph/Swagger
Layla defends womens title over Beth
Sheamus defends world title against Orton/Jericho/Del Rio
Brodus beats Miz
Christian wins IC title against Cody
Punk defends WWE title against Bryan
Ryback squashes Camacho in under a minute
Laurinaitis beats Cena thanks to Big Show

Not the main event, not even the semi-main

They never once gave a shit about either Punk or Bryan, and it's amazing to see it spun like they ever did

I just realized that they're most likely going to ruin Zayn vs Owens at Payback. That's a WM matchup, or at LEAST a Summerslam storyline

They're going to ruin it by cramming a new match down our throats every week for 3 months straight. It's basically going to be AJ/Y2J pt. 2

FyreWulff

LPGeOIp.jpg

All the assets in one place when Vince finally buys them in bankruptcy

shanafan

The more interesting angle is that the Fatal Four Way to get the #1 contendership contained 3 losers.

3 losers? How so? Cesaro returned. So, he wasn't a loser. KO didn't singlehandedly lose the ladder match. Just AJ had a recent loss under his belt.

That was hilarious. Full card from first match to last:

Preshow: Kane beat Ryder

Regular show:
Christian wins Battle Royal
Kofi/Truth defend tag titles against Dolph/Swagger
Layla defends womens title over Beth
Sheamus defends world title against Orton/Jericho/Del Rio
Brodus beats Miz
Christian wins IC title against Cody
Punk defends WWE title against Bryan
Ryback squashes Camacho in under a minute
Laurinaitis beats Cena thanks to Big Show

Not the main event, not even the semi-main

They never once gave a shit about either Punk or Bryan, and it's amazing to see it spun like they ever did
People power was strong broham.

UberTag

It ain't my call :/ ain't that a blip? It's a stupid big group thing I shouldn't have agreed on.
Here's the solution.

Watch Captain America earlier in the day. Go watch NXT at night.
Meet up with your buddies after their movie gets out and you can be sociable and share your impressions of the movie with them. It'll be like you were always there.

Hex

Banned
So we all wasted 6.5 hours of our lives for absolutely nothing?

Do you want the Authority to come out and eat an hour of the program for themselves or something?
They are trying something different, most likely based off of the reaction to Mania and STILL people shit

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
All the assets in one place when Vince finally buys them in bankruptcy

I have my doubts Vince would buy TNA no matter what it does.

TNA's first mistake was naming itself something that sounds like "Tit's N' Ass."

If RAW/WWE suddenly goes in a better story telling direction I wonder how many people will think it actually had to do with Shane. Do any "smarks" actually think Shane will have influence and control over the way matches play out?

Bronx-Man

Banned
Do you want the Authority to come out and eat an hour of the program for themselves or something?
They are trying something different, most likely based off of the reaction to Mania and STILL people shit
Why not just have Shane win at WrestleMania in the first place?

3 losers? How so? Cesaro returned. So, he wasn't a loser. KO didn't singlehandedly lose the ladder match. Just AJ had a recent loss under his belt.

Fucking lmao, now we have people flatout retconning losses

Hey guys, Brock's still champ. No, he is, 3 year reign now. No, multiman matches don't count. Because shanafan says so.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Because for whatever reason Stephanie is required to be a heel on Raw and a face in real life and they want to put in a face authority figure for a bit.

Hex

Banned

Because if Shane beats Taker at Mania, no matter how carny the ending then Taker is tainted and worthless for the big finish.
Having Brock beat him, yes.
Have Shane McMahon come in and with less than a month of training again beat him? No.
Just no.
They booked themselves into a hole.

MG310

Ugh, terrible news for me and the NXT show in Tulsa. About a month ago I made plans with the missus to see that shitty Cap America movie in some shit and it happens to be on sat the 7th at 10pm. Fuck. Could see the first half of the show, and maybe a little more, but this is breaking my heart. I don't want Cap in my America, I want Nak America.

If the result of this match is the entire reason you were watching wrestlemania you should not have watched wrestlemania

You can do both at the same time.
ktnh11.jpg

Sephzilla

Does the misses know that NXT coming to your area is a fairly rare thing? Maybe just bring it up to her and see if she'd be okay with you skipping out on Cap?
Does the misses even know you like wrestling, or are you still #Safe?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Does the misses know that NXT coming to your area is a fairly rare thing? Maybe just bring it up to her and see if she'd be okay with you skipping out on Cap?
Does the misses even know you like wrestling, or are you still #Safe?

She wants to go to NXT as well, but it's the group thing,

Angry Grimace

I also thought they're may be a 8 man tag. I'm going based on the commercial last week during Raw.
Well Ambrose/Jericho is the match at payback and Zayn is "hurt" and ran in on SmackDown to distract KO so it kind of makes sense as a filler match. They have so many dudes on the roster I don't know why they don't just fight someone else though.

I'm more looking forward to Enzo and Cass.

There is one thing I don't understand about the people who rage quit over Roman Reigns.

If they watched through over a decade of Cena, is Roman any worse?

Sure, there if no brand split so that you can watch another main product show, but is Roman seriously that much worse than Cena?
Cena>Reigns>Warrior. We all have to deal with Warrior.

Also Angry Grimace, Enjoy the show!! Any signs to be looking out for?

Sephzilla

Wrestlemania booking was head scratching.

Not to toot my own horn but I nailed all of the NXT Takeover predictions and I think I only hit 1 of my WrestleMania predictions (Roman winning). Not that I think I'm an expert booker or anything, but I like to think I have some idea of what payoffs should happen. Mania's booking was perplexing as absolute fuck.

They haven't actually managed to sell out Ryogoku in quite a while - the Beast in the East special was using the smaller 6,500 set-up, while the house shows in recent years have been heavily papered. Big matches for Nakamura and Asuka would really help, Itami returning would be very big as well and maybe they can bring in a legend for an appearance like they did with Fujinami last year, iirc.

From watching WK10, I think their biggest power move to draw would be to sign Cheesebuger.

Sephzilla

Social Outcasts are pretty much the only team available to feud with the New Day right now. They wouldn't turn Tag Team Tropical Cena heel.

Top Bottom