• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Reminder for those who have trouble making decisions:

Don't watch Raw if you don't like WWE's current direction

lol and nothing will change
JuxJABL.png

So, basically they couldn't have Taker lose to Shane but they needed to find a way for Shane to still take over Raw.

This is dumb.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fought a Becky Lynch in Killer Instinct the other night

DdJ989k.jpg

UberTag

Reminder for those who have trouble making decisions:

Don't watch Raw if you don't like WWE's current direction
Shawn Michaels on Vince Russo's The Brand podcast last Friday...
“I get what those hardcore fans say and they don’t like it, but at the same time, and I’m gonna get a ton of heat for this, but it is true: You DO keep watching. The ratings may go down, but we’re not losing you.”
Might I supplement this by saying, "Don't subscribe to the WWE Network unless you want your money to effectively endorse the creative direction of the current on-screen product."

Might I supplement this by saying, "Don't subscribe to the WWE Network unless you want your money to effectively endorse the creative direction of the current on-screen product."
Ugh, that's the worst part. The main show isn't even on the damn network, and I'm still implicitly endorsing Raw by watching NXT and the GCS.

Kaladin

There is one thing I don't understand about the people who rage quit over Roman Reigns.

If they watched through over a decade of Cena, is Roman any worse?

Sure, there if no brand split so that you can watch another main product show, but is Roman seriously that much worse than Cena?

Sephzilla

Happy Monday, friends!

So I went to a Wisconsin Pro Wrestling event this weekend and it was actually more entertaining than I was expecting. Some solid matches by indie wrestling standards. Not much on the way of IndyFlippyShit.gif. I even marked out for two of the matches (after a little beer, as well). Fun time, would go again, fifteen bucks well spent.

Also saw Hardcore Henry this weekend and it's undeniably a video game turned into a movie. I actually loved the shit out of it.

Tom Nook

I suspected more of the same from last week.

I think Raw will go like this tonight.

Shane's shows up, does his promo he's in control

Crew's second match vs Jobber

Enzo and Cass first match vs Jobbers, Then Dudleys interfere

Women's Segment with Natalya and Charlotte

Miz shows up with Maryse promo or match, then Zack shows up wanting another rematch

Roman appears to confront number 1 contender AJ styles but Y2J shows up to interfere wanting Another Match with AJ. "I beat you at Wrestlemania" promo. Shane shows up and announce main event to be AJ vs Y2J for new number 1 contender.

KO vs Sami segment further feud

Cesaro's second match back.

mid-cards we don't care (included a Ziggler and Coban segment)

Main Event:
Roman appears first to do commentary with Cole, JBL and Saxton does his new "heelish" attitude on commentary.

AJ vs Y2J is good match like Wrestlemania. AJ wins again.

AJ vs Roman for Payback is official.

There is one thing I don't understand about the people who rage quit over Roman Reigns.

If they watched through over a decade of Cena, is Roman any worse?

Sure, there if no brand split so that you can watch another main product show, but is Roman seriously that much worse than Cena?

People hoped that after a decade of not being listened to, this next decade would be different. Now they know it's not.

Miz shows up with Maryse promo or match, then Zack shows up wanting another rematch

Roman appears to confront number 1 contender AJ styles but Y2J shows up to interfere wanting Another Match with AJ. "I beat you at Wrestlemania" promo. Shane shows up and announce main event to be AJ vs Y2J for new number 1 contender.

Main Event:
Roman appears first to do commentary with Cole, JBL and Saxton does his new "heelish" attitude on commentary.

More or less what I thought of.

Jesus, this was the most pointless Wrestlemania ever

We tried to warn you, but noooo. "Not that bad a Mania"

If this had been a Raw, you all would have called it the worst in years, and it wouldn't even be close. This was the worst Mania since WCW was alive, and it's not even close.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Happy Monday, friends!

So I went to a Wisconsin Pro Wrestling event this weekend and it was actually more entertaining than I was expecting. Some solid matches by indie wrestling standards. Not much on the way of IndyFlippyShit.gif. I even marked out for two of the matches (after a little beer, as well). Fun time, would go again, fifteen bucks well spent.

Also saw Hardcore Henry this weekend and it's undeniably a video game turned into a movie. I actually loved the shit out of it.

Indie shows can be crap but are fun in person. Can't lose. Good times.

Soon they'll do their shows there too.

I kinda feel bad for TNA. But not that bad because they had a open goal for a decade to make a name for themselves and the name they made was "the people that make WWE look good".

Now with NXT, LU and the growing indie and japan streaming market the market they had has been eaten away by better companies.

Shawn Michaels on Vince Russo's The Brand podcast last Friday...

I like that official company word on the ever-dwindling viewership went from "lol" to "YOU'LL BE BACK" to now
Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force said:
it don't matter...none of this matters

Losing everyone but diehards is literally what TNA did. It's not a positive that can be spun.

shanafan

Jesus, this was the most pointless Wrestlemania ever

Matches that were also pointless...

January 1993 Raw: Loser Leaves Town Mr Perfect vs Ric Flair. Flair lost, but he still came back to wrestle.

Wrestlemania 7: Retirement match Ultimate Warrior vs Randy Savage. Savage lost, but wrestled again - becoming champion the folllowing year

Fully Loaded 1999: Austin vs Taker. If Taker loses, Vince McMahon will be banned from TV. Taker lost, and.. yeah. Vince came back, lol.

Money in the Bank 2011, Cena loses, he's fired - Cena lost, and yeah, he wasn't fired.

Meaning.. speculations never amount to anything.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Main Event:

I'm going to raw and the advertised main event is a tag match with AJ and Ambrose vs. Owens and Jericho. I'm gonna laugh it's the exact same thing as SmackDown.

I kinda feel bad for TNA. But not that bad because they had a open goal for a decade to make a name for themselves and the name they made was "the people that make WWE look good".

Now with NXT, LU and the growing indie and japan streaming market the market they had has been eaten away by better companies.

I think they will last a couple of years before closing up for good.

Sephzilla

Indie shows can be crap but are fun in person. Can't lose. Good times.

Yeah, if I was watching this on TV or something and wasn't in the crowd for this I probably would have been less entertained than I was. Being part of the crowd makes it an entirely different experience. Speaking of the crowd, the show had a pretty good turn out. Probably had 200-300 people there for it (small venue) and the owner wasnt actually expecting many people to show up.

imBask

Banned
I just realized that they're most likely going to ruin Zayn vs Owens at Payback. That's a WM matchup, or at LEAST a Summerslam storyline

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, terrible news for me and the NXT show in Tulsa. About a month ago I made plans with the missus to see that shitty Cap America movie in some shit and it happens to be on sat the 7th at 10pm. Fuck. Could see the first half of the show, and maybe a little more, but this is breaking my heart. I don't want Cap in my America, I want Nak America.

So we all wasted 6.5 hours of our lives for absolutely nothing?

If the result of this match is the entire reason you were watching wrestlemania you should not have watched wrestlemania

Toki767

I just realized that they're most likely going to ruin Zayn vs Owens at Payback. That's a WM matchup, or at LEAST a Summerslam storyline

Two indie guys? That's no Mania match.

They didn't even give us Punk/Bryan at Mania or Summerslam. They did it at whatever show was after Extreme Rules at the time.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Ugh, terrible news for me and the NXT show in Tulsa. About a month ago I made plans with the missus to see that shitty Cap America movie in some shit and it happens to be on sat the 7th at 10pm. Fuck. Could see the first half of the show, and maybe a little more, but this is breaking my heart. I don't want Cap in my America, I want Nak America.

If the result of this match is the entire reason you were watching wrestlemania you should not have watched wrestlemania
They play the Captain America movie like 20 times a day

I don't get how it's possible to ruin that match since Owens and Zayn have been fighting constantly for like a decade. In fact that was the first thing Owens did in NXT and hell I think it was the only fued he had before getting called up.

Main Event:

Excited for more Sami and Owens. Poor Cesaro gets tossed around in "good" matches, but probably doesnt get a storyline.

But where is the New Day?

And Ambrose? He is set to feud with Jericho.

Edit: Oh right, "mid-cards we don't care [about]"

Top Bottom