• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

bjork

Made it back in one piece. Also had a chance to stop off and score some hardback manga

22LGXMZ.jpg

Cena>Reigns>Warrior. We all have to deal with Warrior.

Warrior's time was better and shorter, in both cases.

Barrage

Shows how idiotic and senseless that whole angle and the match itself was. Sums up their current writing team/creative altogether.

They wanted to have their cake and eat it too. They made up a match that proposed a question they didn't have the answer too.

That being said, they do a draft all is forgiven.

Brinbe

You could have easily had Vince try to interfere in some way and cost Taker the match, which works since there was that tension there pre-Mania. The fallout was stupid and it remains stupid.

Kaladin

Why is this so confusing?

Shane was a last minute addition to the WM card and we all know how badly WWE handles last minute changes that were forced upon them by injuries or other circumstances.

I think Vince had to be desperate to even call Shane, so they probably were scrambling to find some big hook that could draw people to this Mania.

Hex

Banned
Taker at Mania is already a bit tainted. Shane should have won with some outside interference shenanigans. The "Stone Cold interfering to screw over Vince" suggestion was basically a slam dunk idea.

Yes, but they used him so much more effectively.....
Hell any interference to taint the match in either direction would have livened it up.
The whole match was "Shane is going to do something dumb, wait for it!"

My theory is Yottsume didn't realise the demand for authentic JP merch in the west and got in over his head - he also claimed to be an official stockist for New Japan, like PWTees, which I was always a bit dubious about.

Anywho, saw everyone posting Sweeney stuff on twitter. Didn't realise it had been five years already since his passing, depression is a cunt.

dVjuZBz.gif

Colocho

Banned
I hate that we've becomed accustomed with "they'll have him/her/them feud with *insert random midcarder(s)* until the real shit happens at SummerSlam" booking. Every PPV between Mania and the Summerfest, sans the Money in the Bank briefcase, makes little to no difference in the big scheme of things.

Cagey

Banned
I hate that we've becomed accustomed with "they'll have him/her/them feud with *insert random midcarder(s)* until the real shit happens at SummerSlam" booking. Every PPV between Mania and the Summerfest, sans the Money in the Bank briefcase, makes little to no difference in the big scheme of things.

That's the fans problem more than anything else.

You don't need to wait for Owens/Zayn to feud to enjoy things that Owens and/or Zayn do.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That's the fans problem more than anything else.

You don't need to wait for Owens/Zayn to feud to enjoy things that Owens and/or Zayn do.

That's because AJ Styles getting a big headline spot at a PPV means nothing to the fans who purport to like Styles because nothing is considered relevant unless he actually wins the title; this is because because the smarks are actually marks.

This is why wrestling works in the internet era where everyone and their mom knows its fake: the fans make up storylines on their own. So you can just throw Reigns the title and the fans make up their own heels and faces and storylines.

Striker

You guys need to realize it was an emergency angle. They didn't have another choice because every other viable candidate was injured but having no real stakes would be stupid.
Is there an excuse going around for everything? It was a terribly written program. They run into problems for whatever reason often at Wrestlemania, WM8 where it was going to be Hogan vs. Flair. Or WM13 where it was suppose to be Shawn vs Bret rematch (the infamous I lost my smile promo subdued that). Difference is after those events they don't completely ignore the stakes and stipulations of said matches at 'Mania itself.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My theory is Yottsume didn't realise the demand for authentic JP merch in the west and got in over his head - he also claimed to be an official stockist for New Japan, like PWTees, which I was always a bit dubious about.

Anywho, saw everyone posting Sweeney stuff on twitter. Didn't realise it had been five years already since his passing, depression is a cunt.

dVjuZBz.gif

I miss that guy. Flame that burns twice as bright lasts half as long, and all that. RIP. He -is- missed.

That guy = Sweeney, not Yottsume. I miss him to a lesser degree.

klonere

Banned
I wish I could ignore WWE main roster but they keep fucking signing and using guys I like a lot.

It's a giant talent vacuum where the guys get to make tons of money and roll in creative shit. I'm sad.

kiguel182

I wish I could ignore WWE main roster but they keep fucking signing and using guys I like a lot.

It's a giant talent vacuum where the guys get to make tons of money and roll in creative shit. I'm sad.

Pretty much.

WWE would be easy to ignore if they didn't have so many talented people in the roster.

I think Raw will go like this tonight.

Shane's shows up, does his promo he's in control

Crew's second match vs Jobber

Enzo and Cass first match vs Jobbers, Then Dudleys interfere

Women's Segment with Natalya and Charlotte

Miz shows up with Maryse promo or match, then Zack shows up wanting another rematch

Roman appears to confront number 1 contender AJ styles but Y2J shows up to interfere wanting Another Match with AJ. "I beat you at Wrestlemania" promo. Shane shows up and announce main event to be AJ vs Y2J for new number 1 contender.

KO vs Sami segment further feud

Cesaro's second match back.

mid-cards we don't care (included a Ziggler and Coban segment)

Main Event:
Roman appears first to do commentary with Cole, JBL and Saxton does his new "heelish" attitude on commentary.

AJ vs Y2J is good match like Wrestlemania. AJ wins again.

AJ vs Roman for Payback is official.

4Gp9P4G.gif

Yeah he noped the fuck out with the quickness after the Dome show last year

Just realized the current TNA HQ at Cummins? It's in the basement

They're about to downgrade from a basement to a warehouse

I thought Dave was bsing with his hint about TNA being in trouble but jeez

Kaladin

They're not downgrading, they're consolidating. Better to run out of their over stocked warehouse of old DVDs and PPV turnbuckles and out of date t-shirts that no one wants than to pay for a separate office.

TNA would like to say, "Hey we had this Will O'Spreay guy too, see! We're ahead of everybody else!"

Ospreay had a neat little dodge in this match. God, I hate Mandrews's skateboard spot so much. How do you take a commercial break during Ospreay vs. Mandrews? At least Mandrews uses the unusual angle created by six sides to bounce off a turnbuckle for a cool spot. Ospreay's standing C4 always looks cool. I'm assuming that this was the taping when Ospreay announced that he signed with New Japan. Mandrews and Ospreay make the most of the five minutes air time that they got, but, as always, LOLTNA.

If it's not Raw or PPV, I typically rely on either Raw or the PPV to tell me what happened if it was important.

Thursday Raw Thursday though is essential.
That's what I did with Superstars as it would've been too much to search for each one. You can easily find most of the Shotgun's which are good for the first few months. Then they just taped it like a regular show and it lost its luster.

what about Super Astros

when Val came out and got the mic and said "hola, chicas" I laughed and laughed.
Good times!

Toki767

TNA would like to say, "Hey we had this Will O'Spreay guy too, see! We're ahead of everybody else!"

Ospreay had a neat little dodge in this match. God, I hate Mandrews's skateboard spot so much. How do you take a commercial break during Ospreay vs. Mandrews? At least Mandrews uses the unusual angle created by six sides to bounce off a turnbuckle for a cool spot. Ospreay's standing C4 always looks cool. I'm assuming that this was the taping when Ospreay announced that he signed with New Japan. Mandrews and Ospreay make the most of the five minutes air time that they got, but, as always, LOLTNA.

His Red Arrow isn't anywhere near as nice in execution as Neville's.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Lol, it's true. TNA Mecca is probably calling it a calculated move, a way to downsize so they can put their spin on it while the TNA Corporate people are sitting on unsold Jeff Hardy shirts.

WWE Main Event 4/8/16: Paige vs. Emma

We're a long way from NXT Arrival, when Emma still had bubbles in her entrance and a bright and cheery disposition. Meanwhile, Paige shouldn't be throwing stones in glass houses about being passed, which means that Jerry Lawler, of all people makes a cogent point on commentary. Emma's shoulder pads look like the New Day ordered an extra set and decided to give a set to her to welcome her back to the main roster. Is it a shoot when Lawler says that Paige "is best described as a loner"? Decent arm drag trade sequence, even if Emma looked like she got spiked on a Paige armdrag. Paige hits a nice series of knee strikes while Emma is in the ropes, but she finishes it with a weak kick to the head. She reminds us whose house it is again. Emma's not getting a ton of offense in this match. Emma attempts a sunset flip power bomb from the top turnbuckle, but Paige grabs the rope. Unfortunately, Paige spills out of the ring and lands on her lower back and rib to set up the heat. Emma employs a full nelson, and it's no Masterlock. These cheers have to be piped in; no one is cheering in the background. Emma's mean streak really works for the current character. Emma goes back to the full nelson headlock, with the body scissors this time. Okay, these dueling cheers might finally be real. Paige is not the worse for wear from the bad landing or Emma's offense. Jesus, even on Main Event Paige talks too much. The Emmamite sandwich still looks very good, but I want to see a fat guy like Ryota Hama do it. Paige pins Emma with a Ram-Paige after a match where she took most of the offense and had a pretty shitty heat section. But, at least the commentators didn't talk about how crazy the women are, and the match wasn't booked because Emma looked at Paige's boyfriend for too long or something. Lawler kept himself in control and refrained from commenting on the women's looks. So, #DivasRevolution actually, sort of, kind of, worked.

RBH

WWE Main Event 4/8/16: Paige vs. Emma

We're a long way from NXT Arrival, when Emma still had bubbles in her entrance and a bright and cheery disposition. Meanwhile, Paige shouldn't be throwing stones in glass houses about being passed, which means that Jerry Lawler, of all people makes a cogent point on commentary. Emma's shoulder pads look like the New Day ordered an extra set and decided to give a set to her to welcome her back to the main roster. Is it a shoot when Lawler says that Paige "is best described as a loner"? Decent arm drag trade sequence, even if Emma looked like she got spiked on a Paige armdrag. Paige hits a nice series of knee strikes while Emma is in the ropes, but she finishes it with a weak kick to the head. She reminds us whose house it is again. Emma's not getting a ton of offense in this match. Emma attempts a sunset flip power bomb from the top turnbuckle, but Paige grabs the rope. Unfortunately, Paige spills out of the ring and lands on her lower back and rib to set up the heat. Emma employs a full nelson, and it's no Masterlock. These cheers have to be piped in; no one is cheering in the background. Emma's mean streak really works for the current character. Emma goes back to the full nelson headlock, with the body scissors this time. Okay, these dueling cheers might finally be real. Paige is not the worse for wear from the bad landing or Emma's offense. Jesus, even on Main Event Paige talks too much. The Emmamite sandwich still looks very good, but I want to see a fat guy like Ryota Hama do it. Paige pins Emma with a Ram-Paige after a match where she took most of the offense and had a pretty shitty heat section. But, at least the commentators didn't talk about how crazy the women are, and the match wasn't booked because Emma looked at Paige's boyfriend for too long or something. Lawler kept himself in control and refrained from commenting on the women's looks. So, #DivasRevolution actually, sort of, kind of, worked.
It amazes me how loud Paige can be when she's calling spots. I'm the kind of person that pretty much never notices that kind of stuff, but she makes it so obvious that even I can hear it.

klonere

Banned
I was too busy being shocked that they use DIFFERENT STOCK CROWD NOISE than Smackdown.

The levels of carny cannot be comprehended.

Mandrews' bootleg Blink-182 song lmao

decent 5 minute spotfest despite his dumb skateboard spot

Top Bottom