• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

It's insane to me that they don't hire Hall as a promo coach. They need someone like him right now.
It's hard to probably have someone like him committed to a job like that. Even though he probably lives right in town and it's not hard work but still.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's still weird as fuck that WrestleMania has an AJ Styles singles match and we're discussing Shinsuke Nakamura's new WWE theme.

It's still weird as fuck that WrestleMania has an AJ Styles singles match and we're discussing Shinsuke Nakamura's new WWE theme.

WWE Roster is STACKED and has been that way for a while now. They just waste everyone so it always looks paper thin.

Maybe AJ can finally get some new gear he's been using the same stuff since his debut.

Ce_YR4OUYAAoRvM.jpg

She kinda looks like Bayley.
You ok Duncan?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I believe I heard there was supposed to be a Japanese NXT show.

Jamie OD

3) In keeping with CFO$ tradition, they take inspiration from a decently popular track or musician, like a wrestling theme Weird Al. Lindsay Stirling for this one.

Wrestling tradition in general. Jim Johnston, Jimmy Hart and Dale Oliver have spent years ripping off songs for entrance music. CFO$ is the latest torch bearer.

Watching Ride Along and Roman says he's a selective hearer.

Boy is that a useful skill for him right now. If that is one. Is it? It probably is.

I never knew this but Sister Abigail is named after Bray's dead sister.

That's awesome.

If only this gimmick were in the 90s, Sherri would be great to play the undead sister.

Mahonay

Banned
Wrestling tradition in general. Jim Johnston, Jimmy Hart and Dale Oliver have spent years ripping off songs for entrance music. CFO$ is the latest torch bearer.
Lol Jimmy Hart wholesale ripped off songs in WCW. But hey it was awesome at the time.

Meanwhile in ECW Paul Heyman was just having his guys come out to licensed music that they did not have any rights to.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Lol Jimmy Hart wholesale ripped off songs in WCW. But hey it was awesome at the time.

Considering they never got successfully sued Jimmy Hart did a remarkable job. They all pass muster on the legal standard when it comes to things like that, yet most of them sounded a ton like the bands they were supposed to be.

Mahonay

Banned
Considering they never got successfully sued Jimmy Hart did a remarkable job. They all pass muster on the legal standard when it comes to things like that, yet most of them sounded a ton like the bands they were supposed to be.
Hey definitely did a good job for the most part, there were some stinkers here and there.

I wish WWE didn't dub over Jericho's Pearl Jam rip off...with his CURRENT SONG. How does that make any fucking sense when you are watching the old shows? Drives me insane.

And then the ECW shows on the Network just have hilariously bad generic music over all of the licensed music that used to be there for the wrestler entrances.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hey definitely did a good job for the most part, there were some stinkers here and there.

I wish WWE didn't dub over Jericho's Pearl Jam rip off...with his CURRENT SONG. How does that make any fucking sense when you are watching the old shows? Drives me insane.

And then the ECW shows on the Network just have hilariously bad generic music over all of the licensed music that used to be there for the wrestler entrances.

The story behind that, as far as I can tell, is that they did all of the PPV editing for their on demand channel (which is why it was all set to go for the network launch) and when they did the editing for that they didn't have a working relationship with Jimmy Hart who had some say in the matter and they didn't want to pay him because he was in/working with TNA.

ECW is a lost cause. That shit was straight up theft and the rights to all that music is literally worth more than the ECW back catalog.

Angry Grimace

The violin part, yeah.

CFO$ has been on hot fire for awhile now.

They can do good themes as long as they aren't forced to make generic butt-rock themes. From what I heard if you have a butt-rock theme its because you chose a butt-rock theme, although Ambrose claims that he was simply "assigned" a theme and randomly went out there one day and different music was playing than the Shield intro.

The "Suspiciously Similar Song" trope on TV Tropes was only recently renamed from "The Jimmy Hart Version."

Mahonay

Banned
The story behind that, as far as I can tell, is that they did all of the PPV editing for their on demand channel (which is why it was all set to go for the network launch) and when they did the editing for that they didn't have a working relationship with Jimmy Hart who had some say in the matter and they didn't want to pay him because he was in/working with TNA.

ECW is a lost cause. That shit was straight up theft and the rights to all that music is literally worth more than the ECW back catalog.
OK actually that makes sense. Hopefully they go back and fix Jericho's WCW music at some point.

And yeah, can't do shit about ECW. I have a personal project in mind about getting most of the original ECW PPV recordings together in downloadable form that still has the original music in tact. Sure is fuck gonna will take a while.

They can do good themes as long as they aren't forced to make generic butt-rock themes. From what I heard if you have a butt-rock theme its because you chose a butt-rock theme, although Ambrose claims that he was simply "assigned" a theme and randomly went out there one day and different music was playing than the Shield intro.

The "Suspiciously Similar Song" trope on TV Tropes was only recently renamed from "The Jimmy Hart Version."

I'll take Butt rock -#2 please

Mahonay

Banned

I hope Rollins comes back with at least slightly different music. It's not so much bad as it is just bland.

2 hours till Takeover. This is the first time I'll be able to watch it live.
Welcome friend. I cried during the show last year (Bayley vs Sasha). That won't happen again this year, but fuck it, we get Nakamura this time.

Top Bottom