• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

WWE has said "fuck it" as a whole I think...

mrCR8uk.jpg

8iJzMXv.jpg

Feels like no one is supervising this. I love it maggle

Now that Karl has kept his name, I wonder if he'll keep his nickname? I doubt it considering the implication, but then again they said the work "Killer" tonight so who knows what's on the table.

That's not what Falcon said

That's exactly what he said in his AMA last week before he peaced out. Said Reigns' title run would last until Summerslam.

thewwecycle.jpg

This weirdly seems to break the cycle. It was not a swerve that got people's attention it was just good simple writing / booking. They used wrestlers they already had to the best of their ability. Played up their strengths and hid them weaknesses. They dont have to one up themselves with a shocking moment to impress next week, they just got to continue logical storytelling. Even though they failed at this for so long, now that they did it once there is a chance they could do it again.

Now that Karl has kept his name, I wonder if he'll keep his nickname? I doubt it considering the implication, but then again they said the work "Killer" tonight so who knows what's on the table.

That's exactly what he said in his AMA last week before he peaced out. Said Reigns' title run would last until Summerslam.

The exact wording was "the nightmare will continue at least until Summerslam, that's as far along as I know". The implication being either he's losing at SS, or (farrrrrrr more likely considering the wording) the furthest they have stuff planned right now is SS and it still has him being champ at the end of that.

We're in an age when guys can debut in WWE while keeping their name and skipping developmental.

On top of having their prior accomplishments recognized.

I thought those days were LOOOOONG behind us.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_o5hcnkNCMK1qhf73co1_540.jpg

draw me like one of your kings road champions

now i know how verendus felt when the big dog won. well except my guy didn't get booed

The exact wording was "the nightmare will continue at least until Summerslam, that's as far along as I know". The implication being either he's losing at SS, or (farrrrrrr more likely considering the wording) the furthest they have stuff planned right now is SS and it still has him being champ at the end of that.

There have been reports independent of him that have said the same thing though. Now their veracity I can't say, but they have been there.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Suzuki(and Sugiura) need to come back to NJPW and stop being wasted in NOAH on Marufuji

I'd love Sugiura vs Naito or Suzuki vs Okada.

As predicted, Sami Zayn made me cringe with that "underdog from the underground" nonsense. Fight for yourself and reject that line, for God's sake.

Bubba T

This weirdly seems to break the cycle. It was not a swerve that got people's attention it was just good simple writing / booking. They used wrestlers they already had to the best of their ability. Played up their strengths and hid them weaknesses. They dont have to one up themselves with a shocking moment to impress next week, they just got to continue logical storytelling. Even though they failed at this for so long, now that they did it once there is a chance they could do it again.

Eh, I'm not going to get my hopes up. They've fallen flat too many times .

Caderfix

Great show the whole way through, except for Usos vs Social Outcasts, and the crowd delivered as well.

Owens is awesome. He can be funny, he can be threatening and he is great in ring. Cesaro might lack a character, but, man, his charisma during the matches he is in is absurd.

Huge pop for Bray, boos for LoN and nuclear heat towards Roman. Seeing the League of Nations becoming babyfaces everytime Roman tried to do something was very entertaining. Bray is great and I hope WWE throws a bone to the Wyatts and that it lasts at least long enough for Luke to be able to enjoy it as well.

They did right by keeping Sami away from the WWE title picture for now. Quite a few boos, surprisingly. He is great, he's got charisma but if we learned anything from Reigns is that they need to take their time.

Final thoughts:
Who the fuck is Dr. Phil?

broz0rs

Gallows and Anderson look like solid heels, but they'll end up getting huge pops no matter who they go up against including the New Day.

Top Bottom