• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Sounds like skipping SD was a good choice. I've got the week off and we went to Raw while we were in LA because I convinced her the closer SmackDown would be garbage where nothing interesting happens.

I have to admit it's funny how quickly they turned AJ Styles into a big enough deal to be main eventing PPVs for the title.

Crowd was dead for him but he was following Zayn/Styles which the crowd was super hot for.
That would explain it.
Keep an eye on the injury list,
Del Rio spiked AJ Styles on his head/neck
in a SD match
That is not good hear.

He left on his own power but was holding his neck, and
the match ended via rollup, which has an equal chance of being rushed or just being a typical dumb finish

We'll always have Ballz Mahoney, card dealer in the ECW strip poker segment.
ECW_on_SCiFi_10_10_06_Strip_Poker_XviD_avi_000041341.jpg

Keep an eye on the injury list,
Del Rio spiked AJ Styles on his head/neck
in a SD match

Del Rio continues to be a careless shit.

Jezbollah

Do we have any definitive theory why Rick Rude isn't in the Hall of Fame? I mean, no disrespect to Bossman or Godfather but them being in before Rick is kinda ridiculous. Did Vince and Rick's family have some crazy falling out or something?

I suspect that Wrestlemania 34 will be at the US Bank Stadium (the new Minnesota Viking stadium) - and that Rude will probably get in the HoF then.

Striker

I can't really explain it and it's hard to. The fact that one night you're with me for the fight and the next night you're with the enemy, it seems as if Vince saw that more terrible than anything.
He hated the situation with Montreal more than anything, so with that who can blame him. I am not sure if he was on a contract at all. They will add tons of guys from the 80's/90's especially considering how they induct so many per year like they're the NFL or MLB HoF.

He hated the situation with Montreal more than anything, so with that who can blame him. I am not sure if he was on a contract at all. They will add tons of guys from the 80's/90's especially considering how they induct so many per year like they're the NFL or MLB HoF.

Whoa, hold on. MLB has the most archaic system for inducting people. That's why at most 2 will get in a year from the writers vote.

NFL and NBA are free for alls

Pikma

Banned
Sounds like skipping SD was a good choice. I've got the week off and we went to Raw while we were in LA because I convinced her the closer SmackDown would be garbage where nothing interesting happens.

I have to admit it's funny how quickly they turned AJ Styles into a big enough deal to be main eventing PPVs for the title.

Crowd was dead for him but he was following Zayn/Styles which the crowd was super hot for.
Wait, you're from SD?

People get angry now about talent being buried or jobbed out, but at least it's not 95-97 when guys would go through 5 gimmicks in that span. I completely forgot Rikishi went through 5 or 6 iterations before becoming Rikishi.

Striker

^ Just Rikishi and Kane off the top of my head. Maybe Bradshaw to a degree: from '95 he goes from a cowboy thing to teaming with Barry Windham to finally in '98 starting the Acolytes. Oh, Windham, aka being a Stalker. What a waste.

Whoa, hold on. MLB has the most archaic system for inducting people. That's why at most 2 will get in a year from the writers vote.

NFL and NBA are free for alls
Oh right, I was thinking all the guys up for grabs. Ugh. I just remembered I hate their system. I'm not entirely sure how NBA and NHL do their own, though NFL has done a very reasonable job. You don't have any Koko B. Ware's in that.

I wonder when WWE will take the opportunity to induct Big Dave.

I actually enjoyed the Jericho/Ambrose promo. Dean was good for the most part aside from one or two lazy deliveries. Should've gone harder on the 'want to do a good TV show' idea, Mick would've. Also him leaving the plant behind was disappointing. That's your damn TV show plant Dean! Cherish it!

What are the chances that Cena being the Third Man in the Bullet Outsiders, and Vince shock the world again like the end of the streak?

Never. Cena makes way too much money as a fightin face. When he returns he will get huge pops and people will mostly remember the fun US belt matches rather than their grievances.

Looks like Anderson and gallows are running an outsiders gimmick

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEH5PRenWiA/

Yeah that seemed pretty evident on Raw. Was always going to be something of that ilk though due to their strengths and background. Could work well as a new Authority/enforcers. Easy to slot them in with AJ at some point if he turns heel or needs a group for survivor series against Wyatts or whoever the fuck they end up booking as a heel faction eventually (where all the heels at).

KingBroly

Banned
Smackdown spoilers

Enzo and Big Cass and The Vaudevillians moved on

Round 2 is The Usos vs The Vaudevillians and Enzo and Big Cass vs those damn Duddleys

All too predictable
Vaudevillians v. Big Cass and Enzo for the #1 Contendership Match, Dudleys cost Big Cass/Enzo the match, sets up a Match at Payback

^ Just Rikishi and Kane off the top of my head. Maybe Bradshaw to a degree: from '95 he goes from a cowboy thing to teaming with Barry Windham to finally in '98 starting the Acolytes. Oh, Windham, aka being a Stalker. What a waste.

Would you include Savio Vega in there? He was really only Vega and Kwang, but they bounced him around a bit in terms of angle. Maybe it's just disdain for fans being too ridiculous now, but I feel like guys were bounced around so much in the NG and Attitude ramp up.

klonere

Banned
The only reason CHIKARA wouldn't do it is because guns aren't PG. Invisible hand grenades, sure, but not actual guns.

I would have put that in my post but then I remember they are currently running a heel whose backstory is he blew up a bus full of children.

And of course they had an in-ring decapitation.

As Stu Hart got older I forgot how disinterested he looked at every single PPV. The man just looked miserable and as if he hated the idea of even being in the building.

mouserat

Neo Member
Really enjoyed RAW this week, even if it's a one off it was a pleasant surprise. I'm doubtful it means anything in the long run but as an apology for the weird Wrestlemania booking I'll take it. I might even watch next week, who knows.

Re the whole 'Shane in charge of RAW' fiasco, I agree it doesn't make sense, but only because it was written TERRIBLY. It could make sense though, imagine Vince comes out on the Monday after WM. Imagine he says he was looking forward to tonight, looking forward to gloating over his sons destruction at the hands of the Undertaker. He was going to take great pleasure in humiliating and belittling him, just as Shane had threatened to do with him. But something happened at Wrestlemania. He saw his grandchildren's faces as his only son put his life at risk for something he loved. He couldn't even look them in the eye as they ran backstage to check on their prone father. Vince should have been proud, he should have gloated, but all he could feel was remorse. He's not known for his contrition but tonight, he didn't feel vengeful, nor did he feel like gloating: he felt humbled by his son, that he cared so much for the company his family had built from nothing that he was willing to risk his own life just to have a say. A deal is a deal however, and all the secrets Shane had on him were never to surface. A team of lawyers had them redacted (lol I don't know legal stuff) and they would never see the light of day... but it's Wrestlemania season, and Vince knows the fans are crazy. Shane's lockbox is dealt with, but Vince wants to bury the hatchet. It's sometimes difficult for him to let go of the company he loves so much, but seeing his son bleed reminded him that blood is thicker than water. He won't give Shane complete control of the company, but since his daughter and son in law have taken a leave of absence, he'd like to invite Shane for one night, to have his moment and run RAW, not as Vince's boss, but as his partner. The McMahon's may be a dysfunctional family, but they are family nonetheless.

boom. slightly longer promo, natural human emotion, plenty of room for doublecrossing, heelturns etc down the road, and it actually makes sense. yo WWE I'm available for freelance work if you need me, hmu.

The difference between 1997 PPV and 1998 PPV is just incredible. By comparison 97 shows feel like a your run of the mill house show with their size and audience exposure.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Rewatched Styles vs Zayn from Raw. That was so good.

Also paid a lot of attention to Bray w/Roman. Everything Bray does is great there. Takes zero effort to make him hot again because of how good he is. A great character survives meaningless losses, and he has survived a lot.

Has there been a better reaction to late/malfunctioning pyro during an entrance than this?

GIF2cadc8.gif

lol. what an ass
Love this gif. But they were so bad at timing the fireworks for his entrance in the beginning. And the pyro took its precious time to come out anyway.

Now they're getting back to horrible timing.

I especially hate how Kane doesn't even do his pyro on beat anymore. He just walks out.

Nah man, this had me shook at 12
tumblr_inline_npdjapJnqY1qa6wh9_500.png
I feel asleep during that, so when I saw it the next week I was like what in the fuck! And of course I asked did Austin get shot. Well if he did, would be be here tonight you dummy. That was the response.

Top Bottom