• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Breeze and Bo are still relatively young (28 and 25) so there is still a lot of room/chance for them to turn to something. At the same time, maybe they're just happy to have the job they have now and are ok if it's a slow play out. I think Breeze could join the Outcasts and be repacked well enough in that angle. If you think about it it almost makes perfect sense given the selfie stick, just ditch the vapid part of his angle.

klonere

Banned
Cf7udduUIAEQD42.jpg

I wonder who he is visiting....

They should give breeze a thing where he starts taking pics with people instead of selfies

but then they get future endeavored in real life, but in the story, he murdered them
Gotta keep it PG bud lol

Breeze and Bo are still relatively young (28 and 25) so there is still a lot of room/chance for them to turn to something. At the same time, maybe they're just happy to have the job they have now and are ok if it's a slow play out. I think Breeze could join the Outcasts and be repacked well enough in that angle. If you think about it it almost makes perfect sense given the selfie stick, just ditch the vapid part of his angle.
You've hit it in the head, they're just happy to be there. Nowadays these superstars don't care like the lower and midcard guys in the 90s because they get that guaranteed money. You see Tyler aka Andrew Bynum talking about banks lol.

Wednesday night war

NXT
Carmella vs. Aliyah
The Hype Bros vs. Blake and Murphy
Asuka vs. Eva Marie
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Elias Samson

ROH
ROH Tag Team Championship match: War Machine (c) vs. Roppongi Vice
ACH vs. Kenny Omega
Fight Without Honor: Silas Young vs. Dalton Castle

Lucha Underground
Killshot vs. Argenis
Texano Jr. vs. Daga
Dragon Azteca Jr., Prince Puma, and Rey Mysterio vs. Cage, Johnny Mundo, and Taya

Last week, this trios tournament led to The Mack teaming up with the Marty the Moth and Mariposa. This week, we get heated rivals Cage and Johnny Mundo teaming together, which makes even less sense.

Meanwhile, we finally get that Nakamura vs. Drifter match, so, hooray?

War Machine vs. RPG Vice should be good, and praise be to God if the Young vs. Castle feud is finally over.

Last week, this trios tournament led to The Mack teaming up with the Marty the Moth and Mariposa. This week, we get heated rivals Cage and Johnny Mundo teaming together, which makes even less sense.
Mack said Dario made the teams, and it was explained on commentary he did it cause he likes shit stirring, if you're looking for an explanation.

this is how we start the Atti2de era, it'll work now that cena kids are grown up
I have a cousin who was born in 2000. Obviously us watching wrestling, he caught on. So when the Cena Era took off he was 5-6. Now he's 16. Wow, you've made it make so much sense.

Mack said Dario made the teams, and it was explained on commentary he did it cause he likes shit stirring, if you're looking for an explanation.

I missed that. As a promoter, I guess Dario is leaning closer to the Vince Russo "incredible partners" variety. And it worked out well for Ivelisse, Angelico, and Son of Havoc.

This actually makes sense.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Since a while before Mania I've been watching WWE with a non-fan. She gasped in horror during Raw the other night, shocked because

"Is that Kevin Owens wearing...shapewear under his clothes? Why? And why doesn't he show off his legs at all?" She was convinced he had no muscle even though I was pointing out the things he does that requires strength.

I just LOVE watching with non-fans. Their insight and perspective is so valuable and we lose so much of it being as in-tune with wrestling as we are.

Favorites:
Wyatts, especially Luke Harper (except he's been gone :( )
New Day, especially Big E
American Alpha (especially Jason Jordan)
Asuka
Baron Corbin

HATES:
Jericho
Miz
Lesnar
Finn Balor
Ambrose
Ric Flair
Adam Rose

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
jesus fucking christ mahonay goddammit
ReeBdjU.jpg

Best I could do for a police academy laughing shot

klonere

Banned
Since a while before Mania I've been watching WWE with a non-fan. She gasped in horror during Raw the other night, shocked because

"Is that Kevin Owens wearing...shapewear under his clothes? Why? And why doesn't he show off his legs at all?" She was convinced he had no muscle even though I was pointing out the things he does that requires strength.

I just LOVE watching with non-fans. Their insight and perspective is so valuable and we lose so much of it being as in-tune with wrestling as we are.

Favorites:
Asuka
Baron Corbin

HATES:
Jericho
Miz
Lesnar
Finn Balor
Ambrose
Ric Flair
Adam Rose

This reminds me of my #Safe going away party featuring Takeover Dallas. A room full of Irish guys who had all been enjoying the show up until then agreed that Finn was corny as hell with his entrance, which has changed my mind on it too. They loved the match however, especially the blood (I thought they went PG?) , the apron PK and pele kick (big football fans).

Bring back Real RocknRolla :(

Zach

Hell no :/

I'm still going to put my foot down for dinner beforehand.

Maybe you'll get to do something fun next time, champ.

(Yeah right, nerd!)

Favorites:
Asuka
Baron Corbin

HATES:
Jericho
Miz
Lesnar
Finn Balor
Ambrose
Ric Flair
Adam Rose

Interesting. My casual ladybird is like:

LOVES:

Sasha
Enzo
Asuka
Nakamura
Vaudevillains
Gable/JJ
Samoa Joe
Cesaro

HATES:

Eva Marie
The Drifterrr

That's all I can think of right now.

Edit: Oh, she hates Dana, too.

My fiancee is really into Nia Jax.

She's not into wrestling at all, but will sit around if it's on, pointing out all the times they're just lying there or getting into position for a spot.

She HATES the slow ladder climb, and shat all over Roman for running off backstage during the Rumble with 0 explanation or prompting. A+

Zach

My fiancee is really into Nia Jax.

She's not into wrestling at all, but will sit around if it's on, pointing out all the times they're just lying there or getting into position for a spot.

She HATES the slow ladder climb, and shat all over Roman for running off backstage during the Rumble with 0 explanation or prompting. A+

We wanted to like Nia Jax. But then Nia Jax happened.

Roman Reign too good for us now. Doesn't even make his entrances through the crowd any more.

Scust.
Actually my wife pointed that out quicker than I did.

Mahonay

Banned
My girlfriend has been watching major PPVs, important RAWs, and NXT specials with me for the past two years.

Favorites:
Kevin Owens
Seth Rollins
Daniel Bryan
Sasha Banks
Bayley
Enzo & Cass
The New Day
Rusev
Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Finn Balor
Sami Zayn

Hates:
Roman Reigns
Sheamus
Dolph Ziggler
Big Show
Eva Marie
Big E's thrusting
AJ Styles' hair
Luke Harper because he looks gross and scary
Any time Edge and Christian appear
Any time The Rock appears
Any match Kane is in
Vince McMahon

She actually used to love Ambrose and had a crush on him, but even she's been cooled off on him now.

Zach

Oh yeah, Ladybird Johnson hates Kane/Big Show and loves Ziggler when he does some braid-y weirdness with his hair.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Mine hates Ziggler. She's doing it right

(but she likes the Big Show)

Sephzilla

no chance in HELL

in fact, I'm not sure if anyone that isn't roman reigns will win the title this year. I can see him having a year long run, at least.

There are only 4 people I can see taking the belt off of Roman
  • Seth Rollins
  • John Cena
  • Kevin Owens
  • HHH
Owens has "Money in the Bank winner" written all over him

Zach

Am I the only one who doesn't hate Ziggler? I mean, I kind of like him. When I first got back into wrassle I really liked him, but I've cooled on him. I'd say I still like him more than I dislike him, though.

Shrug.

Raw64life

Am I the only one who doesn't hate Ziggler? I mean, I kind of like him. When I first got back into wrassle I really liked him, but I've cooled on him. I'd say I still like him more than I dislike him, though.

Shrug.

He's still one of the better workers on the roster. He's just been doing the same exact thing forever now. Hasn't changed a thing. Still the dumb name. Still the awful finisher. They're clearly done giving him any kind of meaningful push for the rest of his career. He just kind of exists now.

Striker

Shrug.
More tolerable than Dean Ambrose.

Zach

He's still one of the better workers on the roster. He's just been doing the same exact thing forever now. Hasn't changed a thing. Still the dumb name. Still the awful finisher. They're clearly done giving him any kind of meaningful push for the rest of his career. He just kind of exists now.

I see. Since I only watch the PPVs I guess this doesn't bother me as much.

More tolerable than Dean Ambrose.

I like Dean Ambrose alright, too. :D

Ziggy is perhaps is the best wwe original WWE wrestler they have ever made.,

That's the spirit!

Anth0ny

There are only 4 people I can see taking the belt off of Roman
  • Seth Rollins
  • John Cena
  • Kevin Owens
  • HHH
Owens has "Money in the Bank winner" written all over him

I think Cena is beyond the title at this point. If he gets involved in a program with Reigns, he won't be beating him for the title. If anything, the belt gets of Reigns, then goes onto Cena, and then Reigns chases Cena.

KO can definitely be a MITB winner, get the belt through nefarious means, and keep it warm until they're ready to put it back on Roman. Just like Seth's run last year. KO ain't beating anyone clean for a title, certainly not Roman.

HHH... I don't see how he comes back and gets the title. Again, it certainly won't be by beating Reigns in a wrestling match. Maybe MITB? Maybe Authority fuckery strips/screws Reigns out of the title somehow and he gets it again?

Seth... I have zero faith in this company to bring him back as a babyface. He's going to go right back to where he was, as a chickenshit heel as a part of the authority, and feud with Reigns where he will lose once or twice. Then it's a 6 month feud against Ambrose in the mid card for Seth.

So yeah, if anyone gets that belt of Roman, right now, it'll be through MITB fuckery where no one looks strong.

Top Bottom