• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Verendus

Banned
So Roman Reigns is saddled with AJ Styles in the main event of Payback. What a waste of the big dog's time.

Haitch needs to return and be decimated another two times. You can't just lose once after preventing Barack vs. Reigns, and be like it's okay. It's not okay. The wrong cannot be made right like this.

And the right can only be made with Reigns killing Haitch in the middle of the ring.

Cagey

Banned
A tad late but the casual watcher observations from the posters a few pages back were awesome. That perspective is always funny and sometimes pretty enlightening to me.

In exchange for having to watch various Real Housewives series -- if you want to see proper long-term booking and building up an obscure character into a sympathetic babyface to take on a long-reigning heel, this past season of Real Housewives of Orange County was top notch -- my wife gets subjected to whatever I get through on RAW or NXT before she falls asleep.

Random Observationsor shit my wife says with wrestling on TV...

John Cena - gorilla arms
Roman Reigns - thought he was ugly, but then she found out he's Samoan so now he's hot... also really bad at talking
Dean Ambrose - looks like a McPoyle and doesn't look like he can beat anyone up
Paige - softbody, eats too much on Total Divas, doesn't look like she can't beat anyone up
Sasha Banks - really good
Becky Lynch - really good and very pretty
Paul Heyman - talks too much but is way better than the the wrestlers at talking
Triple H - same as Heyman
Steph McMahon - same as Heyman, also looks like a man
Shane McMahon - cute
Shinsuke Nakamura - wanted to know why he was hitting the other guy for real when wrestling is supposed to be fake
Sami Zayn - wanted to know why he was letting the other guy hit him for real and why he didn't get mad and hit back... then he did hit back and she thought that was fair
Neville - body looks gross
Baron Corbin - stupid tattoos

klonere

Banned
A tad late but the casual watcher observations from the posters a few pages back were awesome. That perspective is always funny and sometimes pretty enlightening to me.

In exchange for having to watch various Real Housewives series -- if you want to see proper long-term booking and building up an obscure character into a sympathetic babyface to take on a long-reigning heel, this past season of Real Housewives of Orange County was top notch -- my wife gets subjected to whatever I get through on RAW or NXT before she falls asleep.

Random Observationsor shit my wife says with wrestling on TV...

John Cena - gorilla arms
Roman Reigns - thought he was ugly, but then she found out he's Samoan so now he's hot... also really bad at talking
Dean Ambrose - looks like a McPoyle and doesn't look like he can beat anyone up
Paige - softbody, eats too much on Total Divas, doesn't look like she can't beat anyone up
Sasha Banks - really good
Becky Lynch - really good and very pretty
Paul Heyman - talks too much but is way better than the the wrestlers at talking
Triple H - same as Heyman
Steph McMahon - same as Heyman, also looks like a man
Shane McMahon - cute
Shinsuke Nakamura - wanted to know why he was hitting the other guy for real when wrestling is supposed to be fake
Sami Zayn - wanted to know why he was letting the other guy hit him for real and why he didn't get mad and hit back... then he did hit back and she thought that was fair
Neville - body looks gross
Baron Corbin - stupid tattoos

She's pretty spot on here. Poor Neville though, he's gotta juice or else he doesn't have a job :(

Striker

Sunny's new avatar du jour makes me want to see Vince McMahon dress up in Boss Hogg attire.
I don't know. You can be real small and juice but look good while doing it. Evan Bourne, for example. Neville looks weird.

And Gallows/Anderson is like a PG tier, less known version of the Outsiders. Big Sexy and Chico were huge names crossing over.

Cyclops was always a good guy.

scottmaddy.jpg

Pining+for+Jean.jpg

LOL.

Sephzilla

Cyclops is a salty fuck who's constantly trying to compensate for having a shit superpower compared to everyone else. He's a walking inferiority complex.

Zach

: )

Mahonay

Banned
Ha, my wife just groans whenever the word wrestling is mentioned.
My lady watched some wrestling around 2003-2005 and had been to Smackdown back then. So she had some frame of reference when she started watching with me. She enjoyed getting caught up and really loves the NXT/indie stars. But she did really hate it when I was still watching RAW week to week because it was so shit.

Zach

My lady watched some wrestling around 2003-2005 and had been to Smackdown back then. So she had some frame of reference when she started watching with me. She enjoyed getting caught up and really loves the NXT/indie stars. But she did really hate it when I was still watching RAW week to week because it was so shit.

She should've left you. You're a lucky man, Mahonay.

I was trying to get her to give the womans division a chance, but she just wants nothing to do with it.

Mahonay

Banned
I was trying to get her to give the womans division a chance, but she just wants nothing to do with it.
Wrasslin certainly isn't for everyone.

I did somehow make a new fan out of a chick we had over at our WrestleMania party. She loved how absolutely ridiculous it was. Me having answers for every question about what the hell was going on helped a lot. She immediately started watching older Manias on her own afterwards.

Cagey

Banned
She's pretty spot on here. Poor Neville though, he's gotta juice or else he doesn't have a job :(

It's a shame because Neville's body is insane. He's a pocket-sized superhero. But I can admit he's got the kind of physique that men appreciate more than women.

HE HAS RISEN

7rMdTzX.png

JEEEEEEZUS.

I still can't quite believe this is actually happening. Any NJ WrassleGAFers gonna pay the $100 to meet The Icon of UltraViolence himself?

shaowebb

So Roman Reigns is saddled with AJ Styles in the main event of Payback. What a waste of the big dog's time.

Haitch needs to return and be decimated another two times. You can't just lose once after preventing Barack vs. Reigns, and be like it's okay. It's not okay. The wrong cannot be made right like this.

And the right can only be made with Reigns killing Haitch in the middle of the ring.

The fuck did I just read? Only high spots in the match are likely gonna go to AJ. Reigns is about as entertaining as looking in the mailbox and finding bills. Feels about the same too...you show up hoping for something surprising and fun and then its just the same old shit you wish would go away that just eats into your wallet and funtime.

Eventually I hope Reigns makes his way down to the midcard and stays there because they may as well cancel the main event anytime he's in it. Its a guarantee all the exciting stuff will belong to his opponent or will have already happened in the previous matches on the card when he's involved.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Becky Lynch is a bootleg Wendy's girl and her stupid steampunk goggles make me sick every time I see them. She needs to go.

HE HAS RISEN

JEEEEEEZUS.

I still can't quite believe this is actually happening. Any NJ WrassleGAFers gonna pay the $100 to meet The Icon of UltraViolence himself?

This venue is the weirdest friggin venue. It's size is good enough for music, but put a ring and it's going to be massively cut down.

From the PWTorch. Shows TNA problems with money and maybe a reason why POP dumped the replay:

A movie from 18 years ago makes more money from ads then TNA.

Didn't TNA start out as PPV only? I wonder if they could go back to that model instead of trying to find content deals with networks.

Kaladin

From the PWTorch. Shows TNA problems with money and maybe a reason why POP dumped the replay:

A movie from 18 years ago makes more money from ads then TNA.

At those prices, the IWC should buy individual ads on an airing on Impact Wrestling and create some bullshit commercial just to troll them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
HE HAS RISEN

7rMdTzX.png

JEEEEEEZUS.

Perfection. God, I wish I lived closer. I'd have bought first row and being a rain poncho for the blood.

At this point I'm expecting equivalent to a GWAR show.

Top Bottom