• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Zach

NVM, why haven't you advertised on a Tulsa billboard yet?

I'd probably wreck my car out of excitement if I saw a Legit Shook billboard on my commute...

New Godzilla:
mshRVnO.jpg

Kazuchika Okada:
latest

I would pop my lid if Godzilla did the Rainmaker pose with the accompanying camera zoom-out in the upcoming Godzilla film.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
NVM, why haven't you advertised on a Tulsa billboard yet?

I'd probably wreck my car out of excitement if I saw a Legit Shook billboard on my commute...

LS has seriously beefed up its content. It's crazy how much good old shit is in there.

Mahonay

Banned
They should show Armed and Dangerous for the combined drawing power of Meg Ryan and Schitt's Creek's Eugene Levy.
First time I've ever head of this movie. Had to look it up. I feel like I have to watch it now. Also it looks like a young Tiny Lister makes an appearance in it.

Is it fair to say that TNA failed because of Hogan and Russo?

Nah. They've had billions of major problems over the 14 or 15 years they've been a thing. Hogan and Bischoff and Russo are merely just 3 of them.

Their declining ratings and financial instability were getting them kicked off Spike no matter what, for example. The Dixie email involving Russo just didn't help.

Hogan and Bischoff certainly didn't help their financial situation, but it simultaneously gave them years of comfort with Spike. Spike kicks them out a lot sooner than they did if they didn't pick up either Hulk or Eric, and it paid off with their best single ratings performance ever. Much like everything else TNA did, it just happened to not work out successfully longer than for one brief shining moment.

Sephzilla

Is it fair to say that TNA failed because of Hogan and Russo?

Not because of them. However they were a big part of the reason, at least in my opinion. TNA was on a slow decline before them but when they showed up it was like the promotion went off a fucking cliff.

Kaladin

Nah. They've had billions of major problems over the 14 or 15 years they've been a thing. Hogan and Bischoff and Russo are merely just 3 of them.

Their declining ratings and financial instability were getting them kicked off Spike no matter what, for example. The Dixie email involving Russo just didn't help.

Hogan and Bischoff certainly didn't help their financial situation, but it simultaneously gave them years of comfort with Spike. Spike kicks them out a lot sooner than they did if they didn't pick up either Hulk or Eric, and it paid off with their best single ratings performance ever. Much like everything else TNA did, it just happened to not work out successfully longer than for one brief shining moment.

Hogan did everything he could to help that small company, brother.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
God hates us

First time I've ever head of this movie. Had to look it up. I feel like I have to watch it now. Also it looks like a young Tiny Lister makes an appearance in it.

It's a decent movie. Not Candy's best. It has its moments. It's kind of like how Dragnet was a fine film, but nowhere near one of Aykroyd's best (along with Nothing But Trouble)

Sephzilla

Vince made some deal with a demonic entity and that demonic entity is coming back for payment, that's the only way to explain the #InjuryEra

klonere

Banned
A week ago I would have said "that sucks but at least he'll have a fresh shot when he comes back". well except if it turns out its a really awful injury....

now it REALLY sucks. man these house show tours, they just look like a worse and worse proposition to me....

Aiii

So not worth it
And tomorrow he will be fine because goddamnit if I read another "wrestler x got injured and it looked really bad" I will punch a person.

Unless he's bleeding out on the side of the ring I trust no twitter reporting.

Kaladin

And tomorrow he will be fine because goddamnit if I read another "wrestler x got injured and it looked really bad" I will punch a person.

The last time one of these stories was legit Seth Rollin's leg bent in ways that are not humanly possible.

Vince made some deal with a demonic entity and that demonic entity is coming back for payment, that's the only way to explain the #InjuryEra

The demon let Vince poach all the indies again, in exchange for never having the full roster be even 80% healthy at the same time again, even with the poached talent there

Jericho and Styles walking out on their own power after matches is different than Bray being carried out and a match being cancelled

klonere

Banned
The demon let Vince poach all the indies again, in exchange for never having the full roster be even 80% healthy at the same time again, even with the poached talent there

More like Vince trades the health of his roster in exchange for his immortality from Satan.

They fucked up by never having Melissa Joan Hart as a special Raw guest just so she could use twin magic on Brie and Nikki.

Then she could've explained it all after the commercial break.

Also Kevin Nash etc etc(this is the episode with him as the Warrior fellow.)

How do you know?

That it's different, or that the match was cancelled?

The latter because everybody at the show is saying the match was cancelled. And it was the main event, so that doesn't seem like something that would be intentionally done. Unless you're a Rare Business that Likes Giving Refunds.

With the death of that MMA fighter, they're definitely going to get tighter on wrestling pre cautions, medical scans, etc.

That's fucked up though. Guy was only 28.

Mahonay

Banned
all that investment and protection and he is made of glass.

Only reason he continues to get that push is because he HHH's key example of how he took Johnny Ace chicken shit and made chicken salad.
You say this as if the rest of the roster isn't getting constantly injured as well.

Fox318

You say this as if the rest of the roster isn't getting constantly injured as well.

He's had injury issues for a long long time.

Maybe this is more about how running as many shows when your number 1 money maker is TV and the network is stupid.

Verendus

Banned
In darkest of days,
Blackest of nights,
Men are set ablaze,
Afraid of the lights.
And one man stands alone,
Betrayed by the fans he loves,
Sitting atop his throne,
Wearing his trademark black gloves,
On his shoulders lays the future of an industry,
While he plays the three second symphony.

Balee dat.

Mahonay

Banned
In darkest of days,
Blackest of nights,
Men are set ablaze,
Afraid of the lights.
And one man stands alone,
Betrayed by the fans he loves,
Sitting atop his throne,
Wearing his trademark black gloves,
On his shoulders lays the future of an industry,
While he plays the three second symphony.

Balee dat.
You are a treasure.

Top Bottom