• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Kaladin

They really need to start cycling talent with house shows. Too bad they're so overly reliant on a small number of guys to actually draw.
And I wonder who is at fault here

Will-Smith-Thinking-As-The-Fresh-Prince-Of-Bel-Air.gif

Didn't something similar happen to him on the day of Mania last year? I don't think he was gone for long, but I wasn't watching then either.

Hope he's OK.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wreddit never stops amazing me: https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...n_is_like_the_cool_substitute_teacher/d2195em

People providing valid reasons for why things feel fresh (injuries disrupting Mania story, rebooting) and people insisting there is an actual change going on.

Wreddit also just turned a conversation about the E&C show into a debate about whether its actually acceptable to express attraction to Bayley because she acts like a 14 year old girl (even though Bayley is like 26).

Wreddit never changes.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They really need to start cycling talent with house shows. Too bad they're so overly reliant on a small number of guys to actually draw.

I don't really know what turnover should be - over the last year they've brought in ~4 acts that can legit draw in Zayn, Owens, Styles and repackaging the New Day guys into a top-tier act. If you add in Roman, Seth, Cena, and Ambrose you've got quite a few dudes who can draw (obviously some of those guys are injured) and I suspect Nakamura could go on that list as well.

The bigger problem is that of those 8 dudes who are probably legitimate main events at a house show, 7 of them are outwardly babyfaces (I suspect they will try really hard to make Rollins a bad guy again but I'm skeptical they can do it).

Angry Grimace

Also, random aside, but did anyone else notice that for some reason babyface Bray Wyatt doesn't have wet hair

like why is that a change they made

I don't really know what turnover should be - over the last year they've brought in ~4 acts that can legit draw in Zayn, Owens, Styles and repackaging the New Day guys into a top-tier act. If you add in Roman, Seth, Cena, and Ambrose you've got quite a few dudes who can draw (obviously some of those guys are injured) and I suspect Nakamura could go on that list as well.

The bigger problem is that of those 8 dudes who are probably legitimate main events at a house show, 7 of them are outwardly babyfaces (I suspect they will try really hard to make Rollins a bad guy again but I'm skeptical they can do it).
Grimace, do you think they're possibly afraid to really really make over the top bad guys and actually push them so they're good drawers?

Let's be honest, Sheamus, Alberto, Swagger, etc are good at being a bad guy who draws.

Whereas Edge, CM Punk, and Orton are good bad guys who can draw.

I'm just naming some of the guys who have been pushed as bad guys who were big and supposed(Punk was face longer than heel but I'm just using him) to be in the last ten years.

Vince doesn't realize that now even if you're a bad guy, you can still sell a ton of merchandise. That changed in the mid 90s.I still don't understand why he doesn't get with the program.

And of course it's never happening but your older fans make more of the viewers and attendance so imagine if you turned Cena heel.

As long as his merchandise is cool, we'll buy it. Well I won't but I'm in the 18-Over the hill crowd.

What I'm saying is, he needs to really start making a Corporate/Hollywood Rock, Crazy Orton, Rated R Superstar Edge, and SE Society Punk so it's balanced out.

Sheamus, Del Rio, and Swagger are good talent but they're not guys who sell tickets. The only one you have really is Seth.

Angry Grimace

Grimace, do you think they're possibly afraid to really really make over the top bad guys and actually push them so they're good drawers?

Let's be honest, Sheamus, Alberto, Swagger, etc are good at being a bad guy who draws.

Whereas Edge, CM Punk, and Orton are good bad guys who can draw.

I'm just naming some of the guys who have been pushed as bad guys who were big and supposed(Punk was face longer than heel but I'm just using him) to be in the last ten years.

Vince doesn't realize that now even if you're a bad guy, you can still sell a ton of merchandise. That changed in the mid 90s.I still don't understand why he doesn't get with the program.

And of course it's never happening but your older fans make more of the viewers and attendance so imagine if you turned Cena heel.

As long as his merchandise is cool, we'll buy it. Well I won't but I'm in the 18-Over the hill crowd.

What I'm saying is, he needs to really start making a Corporate/Hollywood Rock, Crazy Orton, Rated R Superstar Edge, and SE Society Punk so it's balanced out.

Sheamus, Del Rio, and Swagger are good talent but they're not guys who sell tickets. The only one you have really is Seth.

I suspect making AJ Styles go heel is a really stupid idea that Vince will cash in on. The actual answer is to the make the guy who everyone boos go heel, but that's not allowed.

I still think its funny that the top heel is Kevin Owens, but he got completely annihilated by Ambrose, who then went on to get himself completely annihilated by Lesnar in a completely meaningless match.

I suspect making AJ Styles go heel is a really stupid idea that Vince will cash in on.

The actual answer is to the make the guy who everyone boos go heel, but that's not allowed.
I might be in the minority but I don't think they're going to make AJ a heel. I think they're going to tease it or kinda have him in between but when Finn comes up AJ will be the guy he targets.

And yes, it's hard for him to say the first rule of communication is to speak the language that your audience speaks but he's not listening to his audience.

They're afraid to do it and it's killing them.

Everyone can't be a good guy and making the bad guy the good guy makes no sense. It's been like this for 11 years now,why can't you just get with the program?

If Cena and Roman were heel and they won every match like they do, can you imagine the real heat they would draw?

If Cena and Roman were heel and they won every match like they do, can you imagine the real heat they would draw?

I'd imagine it would be RAW WHC HHH all over agian in terms of interest level dropping off, at least for me. I have no interest in seeing the main event focused on Roman, heel or face. If I were going by the past two weeks it would seem like they don't have much confidence in him anyway.

I'll also say he can be champ and stay in the main event all they want so long as they keep up the mid-card like they did on Monday.

Angry Grimace

I might be in the minority but I don't think they're going to make AJ a heel. I think they're going to tease it or kinda have him in between but when Finn comes up AJ will be the guy he targets.

And yes, it's hard for him to say the first rule of communication is to speak the language that your audience speaks but he's not listening to his audience.

They're afraid to do it and it's killing them.

Everyone can't be a good guy and making the bad guy the good guy makes no sense. It's been like this for 11 years now,why can't you just get with the program?

Roman might as well be a heel right now given he's a dude who beats up the fan favorites and gets booed. It doesn't really make sense why they don't just officially do it given that it probably just makes it extremely confusing for anyone tuning in why Cole is acting like this guy is this superhero badass but everyone is booing. I feel like the crowd noise was at least a bit more ambiguous on a week-to-week basis with Cena.

shaowebb

Here's a Bray video. If you have a Facebook you can see. I don't have one, but it shows him limping, etc

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st....10154154500702229:tl_objid.10154154500702229

Looks like hamstring in the upper back of the leg. Those are awkward as shit. Sitting and bending hurts but straight is okay. Had one with a split that snagged a tile on the way down. Went from an easy slide to sudden weight shift into the upper leg. Lucky it wasn't my knee where the weight settled out.

Neat thing is that if I'm right about this he could actually be fine in a few weeks.

I'd imagine it would be RAW WHC HHH all over agian in terms of interest level dropping off, at least for me. I have no interest in seeing the main event focused on Roman, heel or face. If I were going by the past two weeks it would seem like they don't have much confidence in him anyway.

I'll also say he can be champ and stay in the main event all they want so long as they keep up the mid-card like they did on Monday.
Yeah with the Reign of Terror(no pun intended), at least we had other interesting things after the opening HHH promo and the main event that usually saw him looking stronger than The Incredible Hulk. Now we can have the same but we know how inconsistent they have been with the mid card.

Roman might as well be a heel right now given he's a dude who beats up the fan favorites and gets booed. It doesn't really make sense why they don't just officially do it given that it probably just makes it extremely confusing for anyone tuning in why Cole is acting like this guy is this superhero badass but everyone is booing. I feel like the crowd noise was at least a bit more ambiguous on a week-to-week basis with Cena.
I think what made the crowd kinda get used to Cena is the fact that he was aware that we hated him and.... I can't think if anything else probably because I still don't like watching him period. Vince has to try and "get it" before the trend of less viewers keeps following.

Angry Grimace

Bray has a calf injured. Confirmed by the company twitter. So it's obviously bad if they're reporting it.

They literally stopped the match, they're going to report it no matter how serious it turns out to be.

Bray has a calf injured. Confirmed by the company twitter. So it's obviously bad if they're reporting it.
Hopefully it isn't too bad. And it sucks because I don't know how a face Bray can stay relevant whereas a heel could've just sent the goons to do his dirty work.

Top Bottom